Adrian Hotel Athens

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Excellent Value, service & accommodation

We stumbled upon this quaint boutique type hotel by chance- as usual, we had not made a resrevation on arrival in Athens, but knew that we eanted to stay in Plaka area.
    A taxi driver dropped us off almost outside the door- quite by chance.
    We were pretty tired after our flight from Dubai, and I walked right in and enquired about a room.
    We were offered a room on the 3rd floor, with a cute balcony overlooking the square.
    The room was quite small, but completely adequate, and spotlessly clean. Bathroom- again, small, but perfectly adequate for our needs. Great shower with HOT water.
    The wraught-iron balcony was a bonus, having a table and two chairs, and some lovely potted plants. We were able to sleep with the door to balcony open.
    The room had air-con, which we did not need, a phone & TV.
    The service was fine. Not overwhelming, but friendly and helpful nonetheless.
    We loved the breakfasts, served in the sunny breakfast room. In season, breakfast is served on the rooftop, with a glorious view of the Acropolis, and surrounds.
    There is a spa/pool on the roof as well.
    We loved the area- Plaka is a 'happening' place, lots of tavernas, shops and withing walking distance of Acropolis, Markets, and shopping centres. Very safe, as there are many people around all hours of day and night.
    I must mention the food.....the breakfasts were outstanding. An array of fruit juices,teas & coffee, jams, toast etc, and freshly cooked eggs (any way) with bacon sausage and tomoato. This is served until 10pm, and kept us going until mid afternoon.
    There is Wi-Fi available for minimal cost.
    We were also allowed to have (free of charge) a late checkout. This was most welcome.
    I absolutely recommmend Hotel Adrian- especially as I believe that it is excellent value for money.

Unique Quality: The rooftop area= amazing views forever.
    The cute little very old fashioned lift, that holds only 2 people.
    The pretty balcony and flowering plants.
    The area- Plaka is festive.

Directions: Adrianou Street Plaka (under the hill of Acropolis)

• xaroula's Profile Photo

Decent hotel in Athens

I've stayed there many times in the years before the Olympics, so I'm not sure what it's like now. The beds are quite uncomfortable-- very lumpy. The breakfast is nice. Somewhat helpful staff. Convenient location if you want to be in Plaka. Restaurants/cafes nearby. All the expected amenities are present. No spectacular views except from the breakfast terrace. I would not recommend this hotel strongly but it is not a bad place to stay. I do feel that it is very overpriced, and that would be my main reservation in recommending it to you.

Directions: Corner of Kapnikarea and Adrianou Sts.

• erapple's Profile Photo

Review by a OneTime.com User from Dublin, Ireland

My wife and I found this Hotel to be everything we needed:- friendly and efficient service, comfortable room (I found the shower head great when sitting on the ledge in the bath), effective cooling(important for northern europeans), quiet despite its central location, and needless to say, very clean. it was great to have an Irish bacon and eggs breakfast with such a stunning view.
    I would certainly recommend it to anyone except maybe some Americans who have difficulty distinquishing trappings from substance.
    last visit on May, 2005.

• YPie's Profile Photo

Great location, not so great hotel

First the good things about this hotel, it's located in the middle of Plaka, in the heart of the action and has a great view of the Acropolis from the roof terrace (where breakfast is served). The big downside for me was the bathroom. Just about adequate, possibly. There was a tiny bath (and I mean tiny) with a shower head. Nowhere to attach the shower head to the wall so you had to hold it during the shower. And the water ran cold very quickly. MAybe that's just Greece for you, but I've had far better than that in Greece before.

Other than that, it was probably nothing special, but was everything we needed (except a shower!) for our short stay in Athens.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is great - a lovely view of the Acropolis and freshly squeezed orange juice.

More about Adrian Hotel Athens

Hotels

Hi,

Can someone tell me the good name hotels to stay in Athens near Acropolis/Metro/Restaurants/flea market/etc.

Probably looking for 3 star hotels.

Thanks!

by brotherleelove

Pan, Arethusa, Metropolis, Amazon, Hermes, Ormos, Athos, Cecil, Tempi, Attalos, Acropolis View.

by heriany

thanks brotherleelove, your info really helpful!

Can i say those mentioned hotels are safe during nite and not a dodgy area.

Thanks again

by brotherleelove

Yes, they're fine. Stay away from hotels in the Omonia Square area.

by leics

I stayed at the Pan last year. Excellent for the airport bus (2 minutes) and for walking everywhere in central historical Athens. I did not use bus or Metro during my stay. 20 minutes or so to the Acropolis, and the area felt perfectly safe after dark. Clean, pleasant staff, breakfast fine.

I have a review of the Pan on my Athens pages.

by lynnehamman

Hi

I recommend the Hotel Adrian (or Adrian Hotel)in Plaka. - we stayed there recently, and were very satisfied with the hotel, service and location. The breakfasts were superb.

I have a review of this hotel here:

by heriany

Thanks guys for all your info, really appreciated it :)

cheers!