Adrian Hotel Athens

lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Excellent Value, service & accommodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 18, 2010

We stumbled upon this quaint boutique type hotel by chance- as usual, we had not made a resrevation on arrival in Athens, but knew that we eanted to stay in Plaka area.
A taxi driver dropped us off almost outside the door- quite by chance.
We were pretty tired after our flight from Dubai, and I walked right in and enquired about a room.
We were offered a room on the 3rd floor, with a cute balcony overlooking the square.
The room was quite small, but completely adequate, and spotlessly clean. Bathroom- again, small, but perfectly adequate for our needs. Great shower with HOT water.
The wraught-iron balcony was a bonus, having a table and two chairs, and some lovely potted plants. We were able to sleep with the door to balcony open.
The room had air-con, which we did not need, a phone & TV.
The service was fine. Not overwhelming, but friendly and helpful nonetheless.
We loved the breakfasts, served in the sunny breakfast room. In season, breakfast is served on the rooftop, with a glorious view of the Acropolis, and surrounds.
There is a spa/pool on the roof as well.
We loved the area- Plaka is a 'happening' place, lots of tavernas, shops and withing walking distance of Acropolis, Markets, and shopping centres. Very safe, as there are many people around all hours of day and night.
I must mention the food.....the breakfasts were outstanding. An array of fruit juices,teas & coffee, jams, toast etc, and freshly cooked eggs (any way) with bacon sausage and tomoato. This is served until 10pm, and kept us going until mid afternoon.
There is Wi-Fi available for minimal cost.
We were also allowed to have (free of charge) a late checkout. This was most welcome.
I absolutely recommmend Hotel Adrian- especially as I believe that it is excellent value for money.

Unique Quality: The rooftop area= amazing views forever.
The cute little very old fashioned lift, that holds only 2 people.
The pretty balcony and flowering plants.
The area- Plaka is festive.

Directions: Adrianou Street Plaka (under the hill of Acropolis)

xaroula's Profile Photo

Decent hotel in Athens

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 7, 2005

I've stayed there many times in the years before the Olympics, so I'm not sure what it's like now. The beds are quite uncomfortable-- very lumpy. The breakfast is nice. Somewhat helpful staff. Convenient location if you want to be in Plaka. Restaurants/cafes nearby. All the expected amenities are present. No spectacular views except from the breakfast terrace. I would not recommend this hotel strongly but it is not a bad place to stay. I do feel that it is very overpriced, and that would be my main reservation in recommending it to you.

Directions: Corner of Kapnikarea and Adrianou Sts.

erapple's Profile Photo

Review by a OneTime.com User from Dublin, Ireland

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 10, 2005

My wife and I found this Hotel to be everything we needed:- friendly and efficient service, comfortable room (I found the shower head great when sitting on the ledge in the bath), effective cooling(important for northern europeans), quiet despite its central location, and needless to say, very clean. it was great to have an Irish bacon and eggs breakfast with such a stunning view.
I would certainly recommend it to anyone except maybe some Americans who have difficulty distinquishing trappings from substance.
last visit on May, 2005.

YPie's Profile Photo

Great location, not so great hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 4, 2004

First the good things about this hotel, it's located in the middle of Plaka, in the heart of the action and has a great view of the Acropolis from the roof terrace (where breakfast is served). The big downside for me was the bathroom. Just about adequate, possibly. There was a tiny bath (and I mean tiny) with a shower head. Nowhere to attach the shower head to the wall so you had to hold it during the shower. And the water ran cold very quickly. MAybe that's just Greece for you, but I've had far better than that in Greece before.

Other than that, it was probably nothing special, but was everything we needed (except a shower!) for our short stay in Athens.

Unique Quality: Breakfast is great - a lovely view of the Acropolis and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Nearby Adrian Hotel Athens

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Athens Travel Forum

Need advice about Athens, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Athens and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Athens hotel reviews

Acropolis
Tourist Traps
Athens Museums and Galleries
Favorites
Athens Acropolis (south slope)
Hondos Center