Airotel Parthenon

oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Perfect location in Plaka

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 31, 2008

The hotel is a regular 4 star as you can find everywhere in the world. The service are in the average and the people working there are nice and useful. I ask for a no-smoker room and I have been not disappointed. I get a 5^ floor room where also the hallway was smelling good.
The room was large and the bathroom was confortable and very clean and provided with all you need for your toilet: phon, teeth brush, toothpaste,soap and shower gel. The room have air condition, satellite TV, a little refrigerator and also a safebox is included in the rate.
wi-fi internet is free but if you don't have your own laptop they provide a internet corner that will cost you 6 euros for half an hour or 8 euros for one hour.

They make offer for internet prebooking, check their site.

Unique Quality: What worth the cost is the location, very safe and at walking distance to the Acropolis and the main sites of Athens. The Plaka neighborood is the best in the city, very lively and cosy, it look like a little village in the city.

Directions: Close to Acropolis metro station.

Best Location in Athens

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 11, 2008

Hotel Parthenon was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. Something reasonable but still offering personal service and nice accommodations. The front desk always had someone who could speak English and was more than willing to help in any way. They even took care of all our tour trips for us. They gave me a list of things we could do and then called a tour bus that would take care of all of it and just told me when we needed to be in the front lobby. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I liked the concept of two twins being put together. That way my husband and I didn't disturb each others sleep. Having a hair dryer in the bathroom was very helpful. Also, my husband didn't have an adapter for his electric shaver and they supplied one.

Unique Quality: The bathrooms were a beautiful marble and kept clean daily and always looked and smelled clean. The rooms were not sound proof and if you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you. Also, I requested a room with a balcony, which I got but the view was just of the street. You might want to tell them you want a room with a view if that's what you like. It was February and we didn't much care anyway. The room temperature was up to us also. It was nice having the balcony in that we could open it up in the evening, which we did, to help let some nice breezes in. The buffet breakfast was the best ever! The food had two different types of eggs and canadian bacan, vienna sausages, a lovely bread with a cinnamon swirl in it, fresh fruits, veggies, breads of all kinds, a toaster, goat cheese and other types of cheeses, all wonderful, coffee, OJ, tomato juice, cereals and tons of other foods. The dining room was very elegant with white linens.

Directions: Great location, within walking distance of a Museum that has a glass floor with an ancient city. The Parthenon is about 5 or 10 minute walk. The Plaka area is just down the street, also within walking distance. Gift shops/places to eat minutes away.

enoluvr's Profile Photo

Great hotel with a great location

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Parthenon for a total of 4 nights and we all absolutely loved our stay there. the rooms were comftorable and quiet, the breakfast delicious with a nice mix of Greek and non-Greek samplings. I loved the stuffed grape leaves and yogurt with honey. The hotel staff was very friendly (like most of the Greeks we met), very helpful, and always ready. I would stay here again in a flash. The greatest asset of the Hotel though is its location. Within a few minute walk you could be at the Acroplolis, Plaka, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch or a Metro station. Up the block from the hotel towards the Acropolis was nice restaurant where locals frequented so you know that it is really good.

Unique Quality: I can't say enough about the location. In five minutes we were at the Acropolis, or Plaka or any number of places. Besides location, the hotel is located on a very quiet street which means a nice, quiet nights sleep even on street side.

Agonz3's Profile Photo

Location,location, location....

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 30, 2004

I gotta say that I was pleasantly surprised with the service of this hotel. Given the moderate price of the rooms I would have thought that the services would have been minimal at best. Instead the concierges' were extremely helpful, the dining accommodations were excellent, and the hotel itself was conveniently located near the Plaka.

Unique Quality: The hotel had a nice lobby were one can watch the people-traffic of bustling downtown Athens.

Directions: Near the Plaka

Parthenon Hotel

by written on August 24, 2002

Unique Quality: is tucked away in one of the back streets of Athens, south of Acropolis and only a few metres away from one of the City's landmarks - the Olympian Zeus Temple.

Nearby Airotel Parthenon

• Room Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services

Athens Travel Forum

Need advice about Athens, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Athens and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Athens hotel reviews