Amazon

Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Danalia's Profile Photo

Amazon Hotel: Just in the center of Athens

The BEST WESTERN Amazon Hotel is located at Syntagma sqr. , in the center of Athens.

If you are in Syntagma sqr. (Bus 95 from the airport or the metro, both reach to the same place), You go down on the Mitropoleos street, passing by the great Café Costa ( and if you are not on a rush – get in and enjoy a good coffee). Less then 5 minutes from there – is the hotel.

At the BEST WESTERN Amazon Hotel you will promptly feel the friendly atmosphere of the staff.
    You can choose between smoke or non-smoke rooms, and you will find the location super good: Just next to the shopping street, and when lots of restaurants and café's are.

In less then ten minutes walk , it is easy to get to the Omonia sqr, or , while keep going down on the Mitropoleos st. you will find the Sunday's Flea Market

The rooms are not extremely big, but they had it all, and together with a very nice staff and a good location , it was the perfect choice for us.
    The cafeteria and breakfast room are on the first floor - for those who choose to include breakfast in their staying.

A big tip: In front of the hotel, 10 steps walk, there is a coffee shop that serves the best coffee I've been trying while in Athens. Also try the fresh good breakfast there.

Directions: Syntagma sqr, find the Cafe Costa, and then go straight on the Mitropoleos St for 3min walks and that it,,,you there.

• Goryrory's Profile Photo

Amazing Amazon.

June 2011, due to the riots and series of strikes we had to cut short our island hopping Odyssey by one day and were in fact very lucky to get on one of the only ferries sailing that day.

Consequently, we arrived back in Athens a day early. Our hotel, Arethusa, was fully booked due to a combination of the riots and World Paralympic Games . We were offered many hotels on the outskirts of Athens but no way of getting there. We embarked on a search of the many hotels local to Syntagma and struck lucky on the third attempt. We had found the Amazon and a room for the night.

Staff were all very welcoming. Both of our double rooms were obviously very recently updated, and were very clean spacious and modern. Breakfast was the usual Greek buffet style with plenty to eat and drink all served in a bright and airy room. On checking out we were charged accurately and treated very courteously.

Locationwise The Amazon is situated about 100 yards from Syntagma, up a short sidestreet and sheltered from the main noise of Mitropoleos Street. Ideal therefore , for bus and taxi links to the airport, also for the underground Metro and the tram system out to Glyfada and the beaches close to Athens.

Needless to say we have transfered our allegiance to the Amazon from the Hotel Arethusa. and we will be returning to it later this year. Excellent hotel for the price you pay!!!!!!!

Great work by their team. Just realised it is part of the Best Western Franchise, even better news

Unique Quality: Close to Plaka and many of the sights you will want to see.

Untold number of restaurants from street food upto fine dining .

Need anymore info take a look at their website www.amazonhotel.gr

Directions: Syntagma

• Very good and well located

Perfect location just a few blocks off Syntagma Square and Plaka.The hotel looks recently renovated and is very comfortable. Clean hotel, with English-speaking staff (by the way a very helpful staff!!!!). I would stay here again!!!!!!!

Directions: next to Ermou Street and Syntagma metro station

More about Amazon

Amazon Hotel

by Magnum_P.I.

Amazon Hotel The Amazon Hotel is located in the heart of Athens. It was built in 1970 and renovated in 1993. All its 43 rooms with double windows have their own bathroom and some have airconditioning and T.V. Located on the first floor is the breakfast room and the T.V room with day and night service. From the Roofgarden their is a superb view of the Acropolis. I stayed in room 308. I won't forget my stay here, especially the bathroom in my room. This was very small and with the toilet and shower right next to each other (no shower curtain) everything got soaked!!!

Quiet comfort between busy Plaka & Syntagma Sq.

by MiteMsispe about Amazon hotel.

Amazon hotel is conveniently located at the edge of the Plaka district and just a few blocks from Syntagma Square. This square has a metro station and a stop for the X-95 express bus to the airport.

The comfortable aspect of the hotel is that it has double -pane windows which block out the street noise very effectively. Also I liked the shower and the bedding was adequately comfortable. Staff was very professional and helpful and they spoke English well.

The included breakfast was adequate with yogurt, honey, a fair selection of breads, meat, cheese, eggs, coffee and a tang- like orange drink.

I would stay at the conveniently located Amazon hotel again and would recommend it to friends and family.

Tim 1. Quiet room.
2. Professional and helpful staff.
3. Located between the Plaka district and Syntagma Square.
4. Across the street from the Ministry of Education and Culture. We were there during the student riots against the government & the Ministry of Education in Feb. 2007- lots of riot police around.

Great Location, Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WineGuy888

More of the same here in this review. The bottom line is that I don't come to Athens to hang out in my hotel room. I look for location location location, and a clean and quite room to sleep in at the end of a long day. The Amazon Hotel was perfect for this, and the price wasw more than fair.

Very Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member adventurer123

My wife and I stayed at the Amazon Hotel in late September for one night prior to a flight the next afternoon back to the U.S. We paid about 95 euros for the room with breakfast at an internet site, which we believe is an excellent price for Athens. It is a fairly modern hotel which lacks character but was clean and the room was relatively large.

The hotel is close to Constitution (Syntagma) Square and you can walk to the metro there making it easy to get to the airport and many other places in Athens. Many restaurants are nearby and you can also wark to the Plaka district. We had stayed a couple of weeks earlier at a different hotel in a more residential area with a view of the Acropolis, but found the Amazon Hotel's location to be far superior.

a bit disapointing

by TripAdvisor Member leeba81

We stayed 2 nights late december in the room 604.
The elevator was very helpful cause we were on the 6th floor.

The location of the hotel is very good, but that's the only thing which is great.
The heating was not adjustable and was very annoying cause of the noise.
The room was small but okay, good bath.
The welcome was not nice, as we disturbed them.
The breakfast was awful, specially the orange juice wich was worse than an artificial one. I think it is some powder with water.

The price is fair.

I was dispointed due to all the nice critics on this website.

So amazon hotel is okay but surely not the best choice.

Average hotel in a top location

by TripAdvisor Member BalSingh

I'll start with the bad points. When booking on Expedia, it stated that hotel had a bar and a massage studio. On arriving, we found it didnt have either.

The room we had was a standard twin room and was a bit small for my liking, especially the bathroom which was tiny.

Finally, the staff didnt seem too clued up about locations of restaurants and sites etc ... had to rely on the good old travel guide and map.

In terms of plus points, the hotel is a 2 minute walk from the main Syntagma Sqaure station. There are loads of places to eat nearby (I recommend a place called Neon just up the road as it opens pretty much all hours and is very quick for a snack when you dont want a proper expensive sit down meal). Lots of shops nearby and the main sites are even only a 15mins away.

Service was good at the hotel and the staff were very nice. The room was cleaned well and the breakfast was good too.

For me, this hotel pulls more towards the location/conveniece side rather the the plush/luxury.

Pretty nice place

by TripAdvisor Member dedmonie

Just returned from a trip that included two nights at Hotel Amazon. As many have written, its greatest attribute is the location. Walking distance to just about everything in 15 minutes or less and in a very safe and quiet neighbor hood. Our room had a view of the Acropolis which was nice to wake up to. The rooms were clean and adequate. The staff was overall pleasant although a few could care less about what we had to say. For the price, a good place to stay in Athens.

Clean and Simple

by TripAdvisor Member gkwalker2

At 110 Euro per night for a double room, it was a pretty good deal. Our flight arrived around 2 AM, and even at that late hour, transportation was extremely easy and cheap, via Bus X95 to last stop, then 3 or 4 minute walk from there. The hotel is really close to good restaurants and tons of tourist shops in Plaka. The room size was comparable to other European hotels, and what the hotel lacks in character, it more than makes up for in cleanliness. The included breakfast was nothing special, but definitely adequate. The front desk gave us a pamphlet on day trips, and called the company (GO Tours) for us to set it up. This is probably the most I've paid for a hotel room during our travels in the EU so far, but it is also the nicest hotel experience yet.

3rd year back..still just as good!

for around 110 euro, we got a clean, comfortable room with a nice stylish bath, staff is nice, breakfast is ok, Location cannot be beat. Just a few blocks of Syntagma Square, easy to Metro, Plaka,
Monistiraki, and Kolonaki...Do NOt expect a luxury hotel. It is modern, has all the basics, including a safe.tv, refrig, and high speed (extra). If you want a luxury hotel in Athens, double the rate,
or triple it, As a frequent traveler to Greece, this is a better value
than most 3 stars. Renovated top to bottom for the Olympics.
Just think of everything as "compact".

Bathroom in the Amazon hotel.Bathroom in the Amazon hotel.

AMAZON HOTEL

by vmccar

Hi.
Visiting Athens in June and I'm wondering if anyone has stayed at the Amazon Hotel, I was hoping to stay at the Attalos but it is booked out.
Hopefully someone out there can help
Thanks a million

by janbeeu

Hi Valerie,

The Amazon Hotel on Metropoleos is next to the Ministry of Education and close to Syntagma and the metro station there. Recently it has been completly renovated and actually is a higher class hotel now with excellent rooms and service.

I'll be staying there myself end of June.

Jan
www.athensinfoguide.com

by Pappy17

A good alternative to the Attalos is the Cecil. It's a little bit cheaper and offers the same great service and is just down the block from the Attalos.

You can read more about it on my Athens travel page.

by janbeeu

Pappy,

It is not the Attalos Valerie is talking about but the Amazon Hotel, 15 Mitropoleos.

Jan

Jan,

I realize she's talking about the Amazon, but she first tried to get into the Attalos. I thought she might like the area the Attalos is in so I recommended the Hotel Cecil as an alternative to the Amazon.

by vmccar

I think I will opt for the Cecel and save myself 150Euro over my five days
Thanks again
Valerie

by Pappy17

You're welcome, Valerie! I hope you enjoy your stay!

by Angelina

I stayed at Hotel Moka one month ago and it was fantastic.
It's a 2 star hotel with 3 star accomodation.
They helped me get around and gave me a very good price.
I am concedering going back in july and i have already asked for a price!
Double room with breakfast 55 euros!They have everything inside,color tv,hairdryer,slippers,mini-fridge,aircondition,wall to wall carpet,private wc with shower and a nice cafeteria roof-garden with waterfall!
why don't you see going there if the price suits you.
www.hotelmoka.com or email them at info@hotelmoka.com.
Say that you are a friend of mine!
ok?
Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

Comments