Aristoteles Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 55% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Look elsewhere!

Ok, Athens is not a cheap place to stay and accomodation can sometimes be in short supply if you want something central, but neither price nor location should be an excuse for staying in the Aristoteles. The area is less than attractive (unless you like looking onto the loading station for a long-distance bus to Romania) and not entirely safe at night. The rooms are not dirty per se, but they require quite a bit of work to remove the traces of years of use. Don't use the air conditioning! The filters have evidently never been changed and will expel a quasi-noxious gas that reeks of cigarettes.

Unique Quality: Free internet. That's about it.

Directions: Plateia Vathi, Omonoia station

• Prasanna_Blr's Profile Photo

Near to Vathi square and enjoyed the stay

Stayed for one day and really enjoyed this small little cozy hotel with cute little rooms. The rooms are small but the location compensates for that.

The room AC,Hot water was working perfectly. The lift is bit dangerous coz its a mediavel period lift still in operation. So beware of the danger when you travel in this lift.

The hotel has free broadband internet connection at lobby. The hotel manager was helpful to provide us tips on arranged tour, got the taxi for us and recommended the authentic Greek restuarant nearby.

Directions: Go to Vathi square from Omania Metro station, its easy to locate this hotel once you reach Vathi square.

• marka13's Profile Photo

ARISTOTELIS

10-15 $ per person in a double room

Unique Quality: Room:
    Air-condition, Phone, Radio, T.V., W/C, Shower, Bath, Room Service Electrical Service: 220 AC

General:

Taxi, Public Bus, Underground, Train

More about Aristoteles Hotel

dirty, rude and smell

by TripAdvisor Member llcc

I had to say that I was very disappointed about Aristoteles Hotel Athens. First, on website it said good size bathroom and internet connection. However both were not true. I was arranged in a room facing to the main road which is particularly noisy. So I talked to the receptionist and he told me that he could not solve this problem. I asked him whether I can quit the room early and got the money back. He said he did not know. I then asked him whether I can speak to the manager, and the receptionist became very aggressive and did not tell me any useful information Instead he told me - you go to get your money back from the one you paid, and I do not get your money! I paid through internet! How can nobody there in charge of this situation or solve the problems.

The only PC is in the communal room, but shared by all the customers in the whole hotel. We had to wait and wait for ages.

The breakfast is so bored and repeat everyday - I had the same thing for ten days. The waitress was not so kind. One day I told her that I was one person, and she pushed to shift to another table saying it is for single person. The next day, I sit the same table, she came and said you should change to another one because that is for a single person. I do not know what 's her rule, which seems to depend on her mood. I never hear any 'please' or 'thank' from her during all ten days there.

I shared my opinions with other visitors there; unfortunately all people have the same feeling about the above points. I would never come to this hotel again if nothing will change with the hotel.

Ok, for what we paid and great location

by TripAdvisor Member scottilie

We booked a flight+hotel package for a 4 day/3 nights stay at the Aristoteles Hotel. The hotel is fine, you get what you pay for. The room was a good size, the bathroom very tiny though. It was clean, fresh towels every day and on arrival a fruit bascet. Very friendly staff at reception, not so friendly in the breakfast room. Breakfast ok, coffee was good one day, the other days really bad. Bread was ok, a boiled egg each day, ham and cheese and jam. (Breakfast is not the most important meal for the Greek)The room was very noisy, eventhough located at the back of the hotel, but what do you expect at a centrally located hotel? Location was perfect, 5-10 min from Omonia station, 15-20 min to Plaka.

Great budget hotel

by TripAdvisor Member derwon

We stayed in this hotel for a night during our trip Greece and Italy in Sep 2006. We spent a certain time to locate this hotel as we arrived at Athens at night. The streets were a little bit dark at the time and we were not familar with the location. Overall, the location is quite good under such budget hotel. Free internet access is excellent for travellers as you can still keep in touch with friends. Although we requested for a double bed, the hotel offered two single beds. The bathroom is so small that it is difficult for a fat guy to have a shower. No extra costs were paid for air-conditioner. I think it is good news for the travellers. I will recommend others for this hotel in the future.

simple but clean

by TripAdvisor Member judithO

i arrived very late (3.00 a.m. after a flight ) and there was someone on the desk who checked me in quickly. There was an elevator. The room was very sparse and the bathroom small but it was clean and all I needed for a few hours sleep. Breakfast was included but I decided to sleep instead. This hotel is not for those who want some luxury but the price was right and the room clean and I I needed for a night's sleep. I took the bus 95 from the airport to Syntygma Square and waled from there. It was quite a walk but I felt safe even at the time of night.

Awful

by TripAdvisor Member Towella

This hotel is rubbish - the central heating was broken and we arrived on a very cold Athens day. The staff were unhelful we had to move the very next day. The staff swore at you right in your face (in Greek of course) if you asked a question about how to use the phone or how to order. Oh the fully stocked bar was empty. Stay away from this hotel - I beg you please

Ok... just ok..

by TripAdvisor Member KTraveller07

This hotel is close enough to two MRT stations to make getting around simple. It is close to lots of shops too. The reception staff were incredibly friendly and offered to tell us the places to go, good shops, good tours, etc. Immediately felt welcome here. The breakfast lady wasn't so nice but hey, brekky was free and i'm sure she hates her job. The rooms were not sound proof - we could hear the cars up and down the street outside - we kept thinking we must have left a window open because it was so loud but we hadn't. If you don't have trouble sleeping then hey - why not stay here. I don't know if the cleaners are so great - we found pubes in the shower and bed upon arrival, however, we did get clean towels each day. For the price we paid (Aus $26 each a night), we couldn't really complain.
Hope this helps...

Opinion on Aristoteles Hotel Athens ?

by jekie

Hi guys,

SOmebody mentioned Aristoteles Hotel in the Omnion area I think the price is ok and they have wifi access has anyone stayed here or can offer an opinion or an alternative?

Thanks for your help.

Jekie.

by happyhormones

I have not heard of Aristoteles, but I've been to Athens and stayed at Apollo Hotel. We were on the top floor and had a view of the Acropolis (although, from the bathroom!) The place was clean and very accessible to the popular places :)

by jekie

How much was the rate? They have wifi I suppose? Thanks!!!! :)

by mccalpin

hahaha, it turns out that I have been to the Aristoteles...in 1976!!! So I am thinking that any information I have is waaaaay out of date...

Have you looked at our sister site? See http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189400-d571634-Reviews-Hotel_Aristoteles-Athens_Attica.html
were there are more than 100 recent reviews of the hotel. It sounds like a basic 2 star (which jives with what I remember)...but thanks for the memories!

Bill