Athens Lotus Hotel

Athens Lotus Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 51% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• BED BUGS-other reviews misleading-WORST hotel!

This was by FAR my worst hotel experience ever, for various reasons that I will explain below. If you are planning on staying here, please read my review (w/pics) and think twice, I wish I would have known what this place was REALLY like before booking:

1) BED BUGS - the worst part about my stay were the over 30 bed bug bites that I had covering my entire body
    2) Sheets not changed - in my 10 night stay my sheets were NEVER changed unless I stripped the bed myself
    3) "Non-smoking" facility was NOT non-smoking, it reeked of smoke at all hours
    4) Extremely bright light outside of room window + paper thin curtains = no sleep
    5) Cleaning staff didn't clean - they would call on a daily basis trying to kick us out of the room to come in to clean (every day at an earlier time), but the ironic part was the room was never fully cleaned and there was constantly filth on the floors and the drinking glasses were never once changed in 10 days even after leaving many notes requesting it
    6) Hotel staff's refusal to change our room - after complaints about the smell of smoke (I'm allergic) & our inability to sleep at night due to the fact that the light outside our room illuminated the hamster cage-sized room at all hours
    7) "New facilities" not so well kept -with holes in the bathroom wall filled in with toilet paper
    8) HORRIBLE hotel staff - no one genuinely wants to help, they just want to shut you up if you complain, we received many empty promises as solutions to our complaints

The hotel staff seems to have a comment for everything and will surely try to dispute what I am claiming here - seeing as in my attempt to resolve these issues with them personally they had the audacity to tell me that all of the above mentioned points are lies and that they offered me medical attention, which is in no way, shape or form true - but I think my pictures speak for themselves.

• AVOID!! Horrible Place Horrible People

I had to join virtual tourist to let others know about this B&B / Hostel porporting as a Hotel.

I was in Athens for 10 days, first I stayed at the Novotel for 3 days as I was only meant to be in Athens 3 days but then it got extended because of the Easter Holidays so I moved to the Lotus Hotel based on the review, I sincerely wished I didnt. I had a friend of mine with me who had been with me throughout in Greece. We all know how cosmopolitan Athens is and scary it can be for a single lady, so my friend went everywhere with me but she was due to leave that day and only went with me to the Hotel for a fews hours before her flight later, but the hotel said they had a policy which required them to take passport ID from visitors. We complied. We later went out to lunch then came back an was told that my friend has stayed too long, the manager was called, she kept going on that its policy and that my friend could be a thief anything. I found it insulting but we did let it go and she left.

That night I simply could not return to the hotel because I was out with my friends and knew they couldn't take me back there because of the issue so I stayed at their place instead even though I was paying for the room. The following we were out again for the Easter celebrations at nite and this time I decided to return. They let us in at 6:30 am and said nothing. there was just me and one friend not a group. Then at 12 I got a call asking me if I had a guest with me and that it as not allowed. I was so pissed off I slammed the fone. Then the manager came to my door, I told him I will come down after am dressed but he was prepared for a fight. We went down, I asked him if we can go to his office and talk like grown ups, he ignored me instead and asked my friend "Who are you?" I was so shocked and I asked him how dare him. He even proceeded to block the door so we wont go out and told me if I brought anyone here again he wont let me in. then I really went off at him and their horrible reception lady who decided to get involved. He was telling my friend that for all he knew, my friend could be a killer. What an insult. I insisted and leaving with my money for the remaining days. I was happy to pay for the two days I had stayed including that day because it was past 12 which I think was generous but they decided to call the police why I did not know, I never even knew they were doing so because they spoke Greek but my friend understood a little. But these people thought they could intimidate me with the police, of course I stood my ground and as much as the police would not listen to me because of the language barrier, they told them to refund me.

This place is not a hotel its more a B & B or Hostel. It stinks of drains, its dark and dingy. tiny rooms and bathroom, I don't know why people ever thought it was a nice place. A place where you cannot have visitors?! A hotel calling the police because I said I want to leave so they should refund me because they threatened to lock me out if I brought a friend? They insisted that of all the hotels in Athens, they were the only ones told by the police to take photocopy visitors ID and restrict their visit to the hotel. If my visitor is a killer, who says am not? Does ID makes people saints?

My advise is avoid this place if you can, they are horrible people and the place is nothing special.

Unique Quality: Nothing Special rooms stinks of drains, toilets of urine.

Directions: Horrible location with surronding dirty buildings.

Comments