Odos Vyronos 19, Athens, Attica, 10558, Greece

Booking.com Priceline.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Poor

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

A real splash out!

When I finally arrived in Athens to drop off my rental car, after an hour and a half of driving around the one way system to try to get the agency office, and started phoning accommodation and finding everything was 70 euro or above I like the idea of Hotel Byron being so handy and close to not only where I was at the time but to the Acropolis and the central district of Plaka.

When I arrived the guy who had offered me a good deal then advised me that the penthouse suite was also available - so after a look at the views straight over to the Acropolis from the penthouse balcony I couldnt resist the offer to splash out!

So - right beneath the Acropolis and thus through the night excellent views of the Acropolis lit up in lights and a full mooon over it! - and views down into the streets of Plaka - plus with airconditioning and really comfortable beds!

I paid 100 euro for the room - it would normally be 110 euro for the room for up to 3 persons - without breakfast. If I had taken a room on the lower floors - without any view - my price wouldve been about 80 euro with breakfast included.

Directions: In between the Temple of Olympian Zeus in the Zappelo gardens and the Sth Western corner of the Acropolis

• cckbp7's Profile Photo

Creepy desk guy

This place is right down the street from Athens Backpackers and for almost the same price you get a private room instead of 6 person communal. I believe they also offer a cheap communal room, which is just bunks set up in the basement. Our room was a bit small and the window opened to an alley, but you can't beat the location and the price. The guy behind the front desk was a bit creepy, though.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Lord Byron

We found the hotel by accident and it was the only one at the time in the Plaka area that could offer us accommodation. However it was a great place to stay at and close to most things we wanted to do.

Unique Quality: Close to sight seeing places with great view of Akropolis