Peoniou 11, Athens, 10440, Greece

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

• Perfect for a jet lagged foreigner

Innitialy I stayed here more or less by accident, I was jet lagged after a 25hr flight from Australia and I was meeting my son in a local hostel. I found the staff incredibly efficient, helpful and friendly.
    The hotel has a v.good 24 hr room service with good internet access, the rooms a bit small but they were clean, well equipped and comfortable.
    The staff willingly faxed stuff to Australia for me and did not charge. The hotel has a free printer which was vital for what I was doing.
    The area was not so wonderful but at least it is quite central and it has a great baker around the corner.
    I have stayed in quite a few hotels in my life - and this one comes close to the top.

Unique Quality: Clean
    Helpful staff
    Good 24 hr service

• kaveh-A's Profile Photo

Perfect Stay-Nice Hotel

This hotel is located somewhere in downtown Athens. So before entering this hotel, while passing through the streets you might be a little bit disappointed.
    But as soon as you stop in front of the hotel and enter it, it is like that you enter to a new world.
    it is located just a few hundred meters to a metro station named "Victoria Square" and you can go anywhere in town as very easy.

Hotel is really clean with a vary good friendly staff. even in some 5 star hotels I have never felt comfort as this one.

Unique Quality: there are massage tubes in each room!!! so after a ling walking day within Athens, you can enjoy a water massage to rest a little bit

Directions: Close to Victoria Square

More about Centrotel Hotel

hidden gem in athens

by TripAdvisor Member vinny96

This is a really beautiful hotel , a real gem. The staff are very friendly and are always willing to help. The rooms that we stayed there on two occasions have the beautiful bathrooms, with whirl pool baths, so relaxing after the daily trips around Athens. The rooms are very well furnished and maybe they could include a tea/coffee facility would really finish off the room. It is only 5 minutes walk to the metro and to the square where there are many cafes and restaurants.
We will stay there again.

Absolutely Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Matt_Barker

I've stayed at a lot of hotels in Europe and this one is definitely at the top of my list now. The staff was fantastic and the rooms were outstanding! If you are taking a trip to Athens, this is the place to stay. Just a short walk to the Larissa Train station or another Metro stop that will take you right down to Flea Market district and the Acropolis. Absolutely PERFECT!!!

A hidden gem of a hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Vladchan

Brand new and stylish, with decently sized rooms with a balcony overlooking a quiet courtyard, perfect for a leisurely breakfast. Whirlpool bath. Free Garage. Free wifi - try finding those in Europe. Staff are SUPER nice and helpful

Downside - shabby neighborhood, like most Athens. 5 mins walk to Victoria subway station, from where it is just 2 stops to Acropolis etc.

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rcajun

The hotel was great. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. Did not care to much for the neighborhood but it was not a problem. I liked the location as it is easy to get to the metro. We actually walked everywhere as everything is close. If we ever go back to Athens we will definatley stay here.

Splendid hotel - charming and relaxing neighbourhood

by TripAdvisor Member kanutta

We spent four days in Centrotel, and will definitely stay there again! The hotel is a gem, as many others allready have stated, so I will not repeat what they have said.

However; I don't agree that the neighbourhood is shabby. I spent much time there, browsing through the small shops; mostly owned by "man and wife" I think. No big chain shops - and no loud music.Still, I found trendy gifts for my teenagers; fake designer handbags on Victoria square, fun summer sandals in the latest fashion and quality underwear for myself.

After shopping, you can relax and drink frappé, wonderful creamy ice coffee, or have lunch in one of the many outdoors cafés at the green Victoria square.

The neigbourhod is not posh, but by no means dangerous - no drugs or drunks, and as a woman I felt completely safe walking alone at night when my husband was out meeting collegues ( he had a conference in Athens and found the location practical with the metro nearby, and the internet in the room was excellent).

We liked the "everyday greek " non-touristy surroundings , that, with the luxurious feel of the room is the reason for choosing Centrotel next time when n Athens.

great hotel, okay location

by TripAdvisor Member travel_junkie_dlkl

The rooms are beautiful, bathrooms are exceptional, service is great, the location is the only downside. The area is more off the beaten path. I never felt uncomfortable walking to and from the Victoria Station however we were stuck here on a day when there were some metro closures so we had to walk from the Omonia station to Victoria (not recommended just take a taxi for about 5 euros). As you exit the front of the hotel, make a left and then make a left at the first intersection about halfway up the block is a small supermarket. Also there is an exceptional pastry shop on the same street as the hotel (you again exit to the left and it will be a few blocks up on the right hand side). They have a really good map so pick one up at the front desk when you arrive. It can be confusing to get to the first time but if you exit the station and walk to the opposite side of Victoria Square (almost directly down the middle) the road you come to is the same road the hotel is on. you will walk through a primarily pedestrian area with large round painted cement balls next to the sidewalk (you will know if you are on the right road). Then you will cross another main road and that is the block your hotel is on. Keep an eye out on the lefthand side for C Hotel. I hope you enjoy your stay as we certainly did. We are staying here when return from the islands and are looking forward to it.

An absolute pleasure!

by TripAdvisor Member Jessa4

I found this hotel by chance- from a taxi driver. I had just dimembarked working on a cruise ship for 9 months and wanted a nice hotel for a week in Athens. The neighbourhood looked a little dodgy, so I said I wanted to stay somewhere else but the taxi driver assured me the hotel was nice and reasonably priced. The hotel is FANTASTIC. The rooms are spacious and clean and have wonderful big bathtubs with jets, fluffy robes, complimentary wireless connection, stars over the bed, balcony and a wonderful breakfast delivered to my room. The staff are fantastic and will help you with anything you need. I have stayed 3 times at Centrotel and will be back this summer again.

Comments