Elysium Design Hotel

3 Aristotelous Street, Athens, Attica, 10432, Greece

More about Elysium Design Hotel

Hotels in Kolonaki District???

by MoreBarTime11

Ok---so I am a rookie on this website but have found some interesting reads. I have family visiting in September (I live in Italy) and they wish to visit Athens and stay in the Kolonaki District (somewhere near the US Embassy). I am making all of their reservations. Can anyone make a nice recommendation (or 2 or 3)that isn't terrible in price???

by asvetlana

Well, Kolonaki just happens to be a pricey district. I've stayed at St.George Lykabetus hotel there, and liked it. Check the prices for September, you might be lucky. The high season is supposed to be finishing about then.

by janbeeu

Very corrrect Asvetlana, Kolonaki is the most expensive district of Athens.
Ginger, have a look at the Athens Info Guide (www.athensinfoguide.com). In the hotel section you not only can find the prices of the hotels in Athens, but also their location.

Jan

by MoreBarTime11

Thank you both for your help! I tried St. George Lykabettus (starts at 160 euro per night). I think reality just came into effect that yes the Kolonaki District is on the high end. However---they get what they ask for!!

Greece is a whole new destination for me to plan. I do well if I have a 'good' tourist map in front of me...BUT not the case on this one!

I am looking at the Achilleas on Venere.com for 85 euro per night....will do some more research!

Thank you for the link to Athensinfoguide - great info! Although I know nothing about the locations of the squares, etc. so I find it difficult to know if it is in the K-district or not. How about the Best Western Elysium Design Hotel??? Any idea??

Thanks again!

by elainegreece

The US Embassy is not in Kolaniki.. Though its only about 10 mins away in Ilisia. The area it is in you can find some reasobable lower priced hotels at less than a 100 euros a night at that time of year. Best Western Hotel Ilisia is nearby - but I dont know what the price is like there.

by MoreBarTime11

Thank you for the clarification! I had NO idea! I was just going by what the travelers were requesting! I did ask them, they re confirmed the Kolonaki District is their preference!! Thank you again!

Choosing Hotel w

by bmccruz

At first I almost booked a Hotel near Omonia Square (The Best Western Elysium Design), the question is that i realize that Omonia square area is a pretty bad area, is it really? I've read some mixed opinions, is something like what, Gran Via area in Madrid?(I'm going with my girlfriend, just the two of us)

So since I'm staying on Athens to catch a early ferrie after a day on the town I tought staying on Piraeus what about this area? I tought about the Hotel called Piraeus Dream Hotel is this area safe or is the same as omonia?

I also read that the Syntagma Square have some problems what will be a safe area?

by johngayton

There are no BAD areas in Athens, just some that are less tourist-orientated than others. Omonia is fine, Piraeus is fine and Syntagma is tourist centre. To enjoy Greece throw away your preconceptions but be prepared for some confusion, just go with the flow!

Have a good trip and don't stress.

by footstool

I remember Piraeus when I was there in 2005. It is not a pretty, scenic place at all; it is a bustling Port! Think of cargo, the hustle and bustle of trucks, etc. I only spent the afternoon there; I was staying in Neon Iraklion, in a more residential part of the city. If you're catching an early ferry anyway, I bet that the activity and noise of the port will serve as your wake-up call!

by MacedonianUK

Between Omornia, Syntagma & Pireus, I choose Omornia
Chek http://www.novotel.com/gb/hotel-0866-novotel-athenes/index.shtml
There is very nice hotel in one of the side streets close to Omornia & railway station.At the moment they have specila offers.
Omornia is not that bad, just too crowded, and can be rowdy around 5am when everybody comes out of night clubs.
But not dangerous rowdy, just too boysertous & loud.
I sayed in the above mentioned hotel with 3 kids, it was more than OK, but again it was close to the railway station, and I had 6am train to Tessaloniki, so I needed to be close by.
MacedonianUK

by bmccruz

Thank you all for the replies I choose to "continue" with the stay in Omonia.

Altought now I've a another question about buying ferrie ticket, since I guess there is no problem in buying then just on the same morning I'll catch the ferrie, where can the ticket be bought? On the boat? Or there is any ticket office near the metro?

by johngayton

You can get your ferry tickets from one of the offices at the port - it doesn't really matter which one so long as they deal with that particular ferry company.

Comments