Galini Palace

Costs 38% less but rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Galini Palace

Naxos Accomodation Question

by 4bobbi

Part of our stay in Greece will be in Naxos. We will be there in mid to late May. Is it worth having a plce with a pool? My husband likes the ocean and I prefer to have a pool if it is hot. How warm will it be at this time of year and will pools actually be in service by then?

I am thinking we will stay closer to town as we can easily bus to better beaches, but be near restaurants , ammentities, etc. I am trying to decide between a few places. Can anyone comment on Hotel Glaros (no pool but on beach), Hotel Galini or Sofia (near beach) or Ikaros Studios" (has a pool). We like small places to stay, not too fancy (but clean) and with a kitchen!!! Any feedback anyone has is most welcome!! these all seem to have good reviews and decent prices. any other comparasins from those of you with knowledge of any or all?

RE: Naxos Accomodation Question

by AcornMan

You definitely do not need a pool in May. In fact, the water will probably be absolutely freezing. Sorry, I don't know anything about the hotels you listed, but we stayed at a hotel on Agios Georgios beach, which was a good location because it's very close to town, but not right in the middle of it. You actually do not need reservations that time of year. Personally I would recommend just looking around for a hotel when you get there so you can see what they're like and choose the best location. If you arrive by ferry there will be kiosks on the pier where you can book rooms. And if you fly, just go to the main square and then fan out from there.

By the way, make sure you eat at Scirocco, located on the main square. It is absolutely the best food on the island. Come to think of it, it's some of the best food we found anywhere in Greece. Enjoy your visit. Naxos is wonderful.

RE: Naxos Accomodation Question

by brotherleelove

I hope you realize that these pools are not heated. In May the water will be very cold in them. The sea might be warmer, believe it or not. I was on Santorini last May-June and went swimming and the sea was wonderful as long as the wind wasn't blowing.

RE: RE: Naxos Accomodation Question

by SWFC_Fan

Hi

As already stated above, you won't need a pool at that time of year.

In terms of accommodation, I very highly recommend the Agios Prokopios Hotel (www.prokopis.com) in the beach resort of Agios Prokopios. It is quite possibly the best value hotel that I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world! I paid a ridiculously low 18 Euros per night in September....and I still feel guilty about robbing them like that ;-)

It is also just a couple of minutes walk from one of my favourite beaches in the world :-)

Naxos is amazing....I'm sure you'll have a great time!!

Jonathan

RE: RE: Naxos Accomodation Question

by 4bobbi

Thanks everyone for your help. very useful info!

Comments