Hotel Acropolis View

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 11% higher than other 1.5 star hotels

• Kaspian's Profile Photo

Acropolis View Hotel

Now this is more like it! ...A nice, big, clean, air-conditioned room with a small refrigerator, a giant bed, and a large spotless bathroom! This is the first place I've stayed in Greece where the shower could accommodate a regular-sized person instead of an elf. The shower also has a place to sit down and glass doors instead of a flimsy curtain. After all the hill-walking on the Greek Islands, I can't wait to give my feet a good, long soak. But first things first--I have to see the Acropolis.
    I walk out onto the balcony humming to myself. The hotel is called "Acropolis View", but straining my neck I can't actually see the ruins from here, even though I'm fairly high up. Anyway, better get going...
    The mustachioed hotel owner is high-strung and somewhat neurotic. He points me toward the Acropolis and I set off. And suddenly, unbelievably--I'm there. The entrance to Acropolis is within a ten-minute walk from the hotel's doorstep! Fantastic!
    Later that night, after my historical walk and dinner with friends, I enjoy a coffee in the hotel's lobby while writing some last-minute postcards. It's hard to describe the decor--it all looks brand new but it has a very 1975 feel to it. The owner's daughter is slouching on a nearby sofa enjoying an American television show overdubbed in Greek while the owner himself works behind the desk answering calls. Sometimes they argue--she rolls her eyes at him and I try to not to chuckle at their banter. I accidentally spill my coffee on the glass table. The owner rushes over, wipes the mess up, and sets about making me a new one. "No problem, sir! No problems!"
    On my early wake-up the next morning at 5:00 AM, I reluctantly get out of the amazing bed, pack my bags, and go down to the lobby. The owner's daughter has been expecting me. She's made breakfast early especially for me and says, "I have already called your taxi to the airport--they will be here in 20 minutes." "Thank you very much!" And I can't help but smiling at her poor tired eyes.
    These are great people! This is a great hotel!

Directions: Filopapou--Right near the entrance to the Acropolis.

More about Hotel Acropolis View

Stunning Acropolis view

by MerryWidow about The restaurant at NOTOS Galleries

I stumbled across this place after I had had lunch elsewhere, but I'm planning to try it out on my next trip at the end of April 2007.
It is a department store restaurant with an absolutely spectacular view of the Acropolis, and in what appeared to be very pleasant surroundings. the menu looked quite good and not too expensive. I'll try to remember to update this after the trip.

Dining with Acropolis view...

by mardaska about Filoistron

This restaurant is located on a pedestrian street overlooking the rock of Acropolis. During summer they serve on the terrace. A variety of greek dishes....

Acropolis ViewAcropolis View

Accomodation in Athens

Hi,
My partner and I have tickets for the Olympics this year and have left booking accomodation at bit too late! We will be in Athens from the 18th- 24th of August. We were hoping someone might be able to recommend a reasonably priced hostel or Campsite in or in the towns around Athens. Travelling is not a problem as long as the town has good rail links because we will have interrail tickets.

Thankyou for your help

Ian and Gemma

Re: Accomodation in Athens

by TEILOR

I LIVE IN ATHENS AND I MUST INFORME YOU THAT THE GREEK RAIL NETWORK IS.....VERY,VERY,VERY SMALL. THERE ARE ONLY 2 DESTINATIONS FROM THE CAPITAL ,ONE TOWARDS NORTH AND THE OTHER TOWARDS WEST.I PERSONALY RECOMEND THE NORTH BRANC....WCICH IS NEWER AND FASTER. THERE MANY TOWNS THAT YOU CAN TRY HALKIDA IS A VERY NICE TOWN (1,5H FROM CENTRAL ATHENS WITH THE SUBURBAN RAIL) YOU CANT USE INTERRAIL PASS FOR THAT LINE BECAUSE IT IS SUBURBAN. IF NOT TRY ANOTHER TOWN CALLED KORINTHOS WHICH IS SITUATED AT PELLOPONISOS(WEST BRUNC)...FOR NOW THE RAIL TRIP TAKS 2H BUT....FINGERS CROSSED DURING THE GAMES A NEW SUBURBAN LINE WILL OPEN (ESTIMATED TIME 45MINUTES). THERE ARE MANY HOTELS IN THESE 2 TOWNS BECAUSE BOTH ARE VERY POPULAR TOURIST DESTINATIONS. GOOD LUCK..

Re: Accomodation in Athens

by janbeeu

Hi Ian and Gemma,

Contact Sophie Roussounelou at the the Acropolis View Hotel 300 meter south of the Acropolis.
E-mail: av_hotel@otenet.gr
Site: http://www.acropolisview.gr

Mention my name, she may be able to do something if possible. You will have to be very quick though.

Good luck,

Jan M.F. Janssens - Belgium

Hi,
thankyou for your help. We have booked a campsite near Corinth (fingers crossed for the rail line!)
Cheers
Ian and Gem

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. It looks lovely but unfortunatly we have booked somewhere already.
cheers
Ian and Gem

by janbeeu

Happy to hear you found accomodations. Have a look at my Athens pages. You may want to see some more of Athens than just the Olympic games.

Have fun!

Jan

by cp1

Hi Ian and Gemma

Can you please give me the name of the campsite or web address. I am in the same position as you guys.

Thanks!
Cindy

Hi Cindy,
Hope this email isn't too late its been about a month since I checked this page, we'll be staying at blue dolphin camping, the website is http://www.sunshine-campings.gr/campings/bluedolphin/index.html the owner is very helpful and speaks excelent english. You have to book for 7 days but it's still loads cheaper.

Ian