38, Stournari Street, Athens, Attica, 10433, Greece

Kanellopoulos Museum, AthensKanellopoulos Museum, Athens

Lane in Anafiotika, AthensLane in Anafiotika, Athens

Sandwich @ Everest

by tkaraway

While visiting Athens this summer I ate a sandwich at Everest Coffee and sandwich Shop. I can't remember everything that was in the sandwich but I do remember that it had tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, chopped kalamata olives on a sesame seed bun. I'm trying hard to duplicate this wonderful lunch type sandwich but I seem to be missing something besides the atmosphere of Athens. Can you help?

by goodfish

A dash of vinegar maybe?

by Kaspian

Tzatziki sauce?

by SallyM

Sounds like a Greek salad in a bun - herbs, maybe?

by Sematay

Red Onions?

by brotherleelove

Tzatziki would be my guess too. It's made with yoghurt, garlic and herbs, sometimes mint and/or oregano.

by mariakaptein

Find your sandwich here !!!

marĂ­a

by lynclarke

Good find Maria!! WAs it the crepe? A la Grec
Crepe with feta cheese, tomato, olives, green pepper, potato sticks and oregano
Sounds good to me.
I also notice one of their sandwiches had cottage cheese in it. I'll have to try that at home. We ate a couple of snacks from Everestt. I was surprised at the quality of the food for the price.

Travel Tips for Athens

Slippery

by ReinaMorena

Check out the Parthenon! Its a Must, but be careful because teh marble is very slippery and you will slide. It can also be very hot if its been in direct sunlight for any amount of time. Its still fun for all ages just take care of where you step. Thousands of years of wear and tear from foot traffic has made the stairs worn. It adds to the charm but once your passed that its ok. Enjoy, have fun and be safe. While sitting down for a much needed break on the Acropolis. A lady from Espana sat down next to me and said in spanish " Hace calor"( Its Hot). I responded "Si. Mucho."( Yes. Very. ... or something to that effect). I'll translate the rest of the converstation.

Lady> You speak my language.
Me>Yes. I went on exchange to Ecuador last year. My friend Hannah as well.
Hannah come over to joins us, as does the lady's husband.
Lady> these girls speak good spanish.
Husband> Really?! Where are you from?
Us> Maryland.
They both complment our spanish( it was fresher then ;). ) Then we are asked a strange question.
Husband> Are you to sisters.
Me>HAHAHAHAH!
Hannah> Yes! We have the same mother and the same father! HAHAHAHA
This is funny because I am obviously Black and Hannah is a white redhead/ thought we were both working on our sunburn!
We all Laugh and he says> Thats ok we can be your parents and takes a picture of me, Hannah and his wife. It was Great. my only regret is that I didnt get a picture myself. Sadness abounding.

Acropolis, I don't know what...

by l_joo

Acropolis, I don't know what wrong with my camera, the colors are totally unaccpectable! Look, the color turn into pink tone, what can I do? Giorgos the local boy also told me one thing that I will never forget...
I ask him 'What do you have to say about your country? or your personal opinion?'
he reply immediately ' This is a Fck-up country, the government especially! and many many more....'

The Plaka(Old Town)was what we...

by Koleno

The Plaka(Old Town)was what we will remember as one of the best part about Athens. The charming shops and the outdoor cafe's are not to be missed. And of course the beautiful Acropolis, with the magnificient 360 degree view of the city of Athens. Click picture below to get larger image.

Ivan_Jimenez

by Sharrie

Ivan... what can I say Ivan that others or you have not said yourself?

To sum it up in one word... The Almighty (LOL)!

Thanks for showing me around Kolonaki & for those sashimi! Thanks also for all the tips in Santorini & Oia. I did get to see lots even though I didn't get myself any decent transportation :-P U'll see... more later.

For now, wish you all the best in that business dealing & a great reunion with friends & family at home!

Telephone, Radio & TV

by janbeeu

Telephone: The Greek telecommunication network supplier is Organismos Telepikinonion Ellados or OTE (pronounced oh te). The network is undergoing a modernisation programme to digitalise the system. Public cardphones are ubiquitous and cards can be purchased at kiosks or at local OTE offices. Calls can also be made from OTE offices and telephone kiosks. The OTE office near Syntagma Square at Stadiou 15 is open 24 hours daily (tel: 134). Local and long distance calls are cheaper on Sunday, after 22:00 on weekdays and after 15:00 on Saturday.

Mobile phones: There are two frequencies for mobile phone use in Athens: GSM 900 and GSM 1800. Visitors from the USA and Canada will need to buy or hire a European-standard handset and use it in conjunction with a SIM card in order to make a call in Greece. All foreign visitors should consult their service provider for details of roaming agreements that will allow them to use their mobile phones in Greece.

TV and radio: Most TV stations carry some English-language programmes. Satellite stations, such as CNN, Euronews and MTV, are available on UHF channels. Radio news is broadcasted in English on Athens 98.4 FM at 08:30, 09:30, 12:30, 16:30 and 19:30 daily, and at 07:40 daily on Greek Radio 1 (91.8FM). Galaxy Radio features the CNN Radio News every hour on the half hour (92.1FM).

Comments