Katerina Hotel

20 Karolou Str, Athens, Attica, 104 37, Greece
Katerina Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Athens

Here I am, teaching the guard Hindi ;-)Here I am, teaching the guard Hindi ;-)

back streetback street

Greek music near Kapnikarea on Ermou St.Greek music near Kapnikarea on Ermou St.

Lane in Anafiotika, AthensLane in Anafiotika, Athens

Trucker's strike

by mitchpagan

My son and I will be arriving August 2nd in Athens. Will the strike effect the metro and getting to Plaka? We have had gas shortage in the US but not for many years so I know the how to wait in line. Hopefully, this will be settled soon. Kind regards to all........Carol

by mindcrime

Metro will run, there's no strike announced for them.

we dont know what will happen really with the other strikes, yesterday it was impossible to find a gas station to fill the car.

if they stop providing gas to the boats they will stuck too.

On sunday several flights had long delays (and some cancelled flights too) due to another strike on the airport.

by mitchpagan

Thanks for the info..... at least I will get to Athens and then probably will be a challenge to meet my itinerary, but that is what makes life interesting. Best to all....... my first flight out of Athens will be to Rhodes on the 6th and then will fly back to Athens on 18th. Maybe by then things will quiet down..... if not I will have a great trip and enjoy Greece........... Carol

by mindcrime

enjoy your trip!

Travel Tips for Athens

If you need a travel agency in Athens

by cristiana04

Grecian Travel was very helpful for me in terms of hotels and tickets to airplanes and ferry.
www.grecian.gr
Email:grecian@grecian.gr
17a FILLELINON str.105 57 Athens
tel: 302103233804
fax:302103246640

Athens Tip

by Gard

One day during our stay in Athens, we went for a one day cruise. It was pretty early in the season so there were not that many tourist. We got to visit the islands of Hydra, Egina and Poros if I'm not mistaken.

ACROPOLIS - RETAINING WALL OF WESTERN PARADOS

by LoriPori

The West Parados of the Theatre of Dionysos which was built entirely of stone in the Lycurgan period ( 338 to 324 B.C.) has a retaining wall that is shorter than that of the eastern wall and serves to support the mass of earth into which the rows of seats were embedded. Here we find bases of statues and other monuments. Though much of it has been renovated, you can't help but be in awe of the Greek technology of the day.

Reflections

by bakpakchik

" ... nor will they ever enter Paradise until the camel passes through the needle's eye ...."

I was looking for paradise. I couldn't find camels in Greece so I tried the nest best thing. Fitting the Parthenon in Ivan's galsses seemed a task worthy enough of winning me the paradise I had come seeking.

Maybe there was something wrong with my concept of paradise ...

The national Library of Athens

by Aggeliki

It was built between 1887 and 1902, based on a study of the Danish architect, Theophile Hansen. Hernest Ziller was the supervising architect who also studied the entrance stairways and the main bookstands. As early as in 1858, King Otho had ordered Hansen to make a study for the construction of a Library next to the University, that had already started being built. The building is considered to be a characteristic sample of mature Neoclassicism.

Comments