King George Palace Athens

King George A Luxury Collection Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com amextravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Beyond my expectations

We stayed in King George in June 2007 with our young kids and were treated like royalty. It surpassed all our expectations and was one of the (if not THE) best hotel we've ever stayed in. The rooms were all hardwood with plush silk curtains and bedding. The bathrooms were white marble and spotlessly clean. When we returned from dinner one night we found little gifts for our children: coloring books and a barbie. So very thoughful and friendly.

Unique Quality: Excellent location; friendly; spa and pool are out of a magazine; luxurious rooms.

Directions: Syntagma Square

More about King George Palace Athens

Comfy bed, but a little squished.

by TripAdvisor Member relax4evr22

We came to Athens for 3 days. We could barely all fit in the elevator. The rooms were nice, but the bathroom and bed room were in comparts. My whole family slept on the bed for 12 hours straight. What also bothered me was that the pool was only acessible on Sundays for a certain time. I wouldn't come bacik, even thought the service was great. I would defiantly stay next door!

A gem in Athens!

by TripAdvisor Member hrstmr1

My husband and I visited Greece for approximately 3 weeks in September. We arrived in Athens and departed from Athens, so we stayed at the King George both nights.

Overall, we had a great experience. The hotel is just a few blocks from the plaka, so we were able to walk to the acropolis and to endless dinner and shopping options. If you ask for a room on the 4th floor (or above) facing the plaza, you will be able to see the acropolis from your veranda.

The pros: Comfortable Beds! (this was difficult to find in greece!), friendly service, nice accomodations, great location.

The cons: Inconsistency- We had paid in advance for a "superior room"; however our room the first night was much smaller with a less attractive/functional bathroom. The room we received the last night was what we expected- much larger, with a sitting area and a full bathroom with tub and shower.

improved but ready for prime time

by TripAdvisor Member cliberis

The king George has undergone a major renovation and is a grande hotel in a prime location. The service is great.The room layouts are not functional ie the high speed internet connects thru the TV which is on the opposite side of the room from the desk,the TV is next to the bed and not across so you cannot watch while in bed, small uncomfprtable chairs, the health club does not open until 11 am,the breakfast buffet is skimpy.There is no outdoor pool.The Athens Plaza next door offers same great location with more modern and convenient amenaties.

Fit for a King

by TripAdvisor Member livin2travel

Spent 3 nights at this hotel at the beginning of a trip through Greece and Turkey. The room and facilities were very nice in a great location for seeing the highlights of Athens. Located next door to the Grand Bretagne and the NJV Athens Plaza on Syntagma Square. This puts you in easy walking distance to major Athens attractions. I booked through a travel agent which got me a great rate. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The room was comfortable, quiet, nicely decorated, and spacious.

Unbelievable Customer Service

by TripAdvisor Member phillyfun

When we checked in, my husband was ill. The hotel found us a doctor, and regularly checked on us, calling with offers of soup, etc. They screened our guests so we wouldn't be disturbed, and were thrilled when he was well enough to sight see. The location is perfection, the room quiet, and the breakfast was not to be missed. The view from the restaurant is incredible. Worth every penny - we are looking forward to returning!

Wow, these reviews must not be of inside rooms!

by TripAdvisor Member ConcordDee

Well, all the rave reviews must have had outside rooms with balconies. I had an inside room. The website said it 'faced a lovely garden'. but the other side of the hotel was so close I felt I could reach out and touch it. when I asked why I didnt have a garden view room, they said they didnt have a garden! The room was very small, claustrophobic. Also, the prices for food are very expensive. room service for breakfast was probably 25 E. I dont know if I would go there again unless I could afford a balcony room. Service was ok.

Great hotel-great people!

by TripAdvisor Member AinstainCat

I have stayed at King George in September with my husband for 5 days. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. The receptionist gave us a fantastic room with view of the Acropolis. They have sent us sweets and the manager sent us a happy anniversary note, which we found very thoughtful! We had a lovely dinner at the restaurant, which also has an Acropolis view. The hotel staff was courteous and very professional. The hotel is next to Kalaki area a fantastic shopping district full of restaurants, bars and exclusive boutiques. A wonderful stay at a great hotel

Do Visit This Hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kashi

This is indeed a wonderfull hotel, with lovely rooms, beautifully decorated and so cozy! It felt like being home!!The breakfast at Tudor Hall waa wonderfull and the view cannot really be described with words!!!I stayed at room 114 and i so much enjoyed it!Everyone was so kind and helpfull. I suggest you visit and live this experience yourself.

Comments