Marriott Athens Ledra

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 59% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• ACruisinLady's Profile Photo

The Cruise Lines Choice

The room was adequately furnished and in very good condition. The beds were very comfortable. We originally were put into a accessible room because of my power wheelchair. The accessible room was very large and the bathroom had marble flooring and countertops. What the issue was, is that the shower did not have anything to contain the water within the shower. Thus would flood the entire floor of the bathroom. Wet marble is hard to walk on and this caused a serious danger of slips. Thus we were moved to a standard room, which was smaller, but manageable.

Unique Quality: The Ledra has a roof top pool that has stunning views of the Pantheon. The pool is heated just right for enjoying, although they close the pool after dark. The service was always friendly and the rooms were very clean which is to be expected for the star ratings.

• dillonlisa1's Profile Photo

DON'T BOOK - zero money back!

What ever you do, don't book at this hotel!

We recently made the mistake, and gave our credit card details over the phone. Due to riots our conference was canceled - we gave them notice 7 days in advance that we would not be staying, they refused to give a refund at all, and took EUR 700 + from our credit card.

I wrote to your customer service about this [ticket number T2011100304UKS010Z4843197], and they are standing by the Athens Marriott decision - so obviously some sort of company policy.

The credit card company told me this was not at all standard, saying that hotels SOMETIMES take a booking fee, but nearly always refund the majority of the money if you cancel within 24 hours (despite what it says in the fine print).

I cannot express to you how angry we are at this hotel chain and the people managing it. We consider the institution has stolen from us, for a service we did not, and could not receive.

I strongly recommend for you not to book here.

Unique Quality: ZERO

Directions: Don't go there! Book somewhere else.

• stappm's Profile Photo

What you come to expect from a Marriott

This is a nice Marriott, a little far away from the downtown... but that is something to expect from most all Marriott's. The view from the pool is lovely (of the Acropolis). And the beds, service and restaurants quite nice.

Unique Quality: I paid 28 euro for a Taxi from the airport but my companions who arrived earlier in the day paid closer to 45 euro....

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

A pool with a view

This is a very nice hotel within easy reach of the main tourist spots of Athens, the Plaka is a few minutes away by taxi; the harbour and marina areas are just a little bit further.
    As a Marriott regular I was not disappointed in the comfort of the room and hotels facilities. The Executive Lounge was a bit of a let down as they did not have enough staff to replenish the breakfast or evening snacks. Having said that after a brief complaint about the poor breakfast service I was told that the main breakfast buffet was available at no charge. The staff are very nice and helpful, they could just be a bit quicker in some areas.
    The pool area really made the short stay there very present. The pool is heated, the sun beds are comfortable and, as it is on the roof, the view over the city to the Acropolis on one side and the sea on the other is very impressive. Another good point is the food from the pool side restaurant is good as is the drinks service.
    Breakfast and lunch by the pool are the only meals I had there, the intention was to visit the Kona Kai restaurant, but as it closes on Sunday that was not possible.

Unique Quality: The roof top pool with great views.

• Simply Spectacular

My stay at the Ledra Marriot can simply be described as amazing. I loved it so much that at times I did not even want to leave the hotel. Going around the holidays was definetely a plus seeing as entrance as you walked into the hotel was adorned with many christmas trees and festive decorations. Every day there would be fresh cookies laid out in the lobby for anyone to fest upon. The most stunning part of the hotel is the crystal chandelier that adorns one the sitting areas adjacent to the bar. Absolutely stunning. They also have great function rooms that one can rent out for a wedding or party.

There are many restaurants in the hotel, but the two I went to were Kona Kai, a japanese restaurant, and Zephyros, which served Meditteranean cuisine and american. I was not impressed with Kona Kai's food, even though they are highly recommended. It was pretty ordinary and dull and my friend actually had some of his seafood still frozen when he bit into it. However the service, as always at this hotel, was amazing. At the end of the meal they served us some wine from Crete on the house and gave me a flower when we left.

I have nothing bad to say about Zephyros, they had an out of this world american breakfast buffet. All you can eat and boy did we eat. Anything you can think of...bagels, different cheeses, eggs, pastries, greek yogurt, eggs, bacon, cereal...EVERYTHING! It was slightly expensive, but it was worth it for the amount of food.

Unique Quality: The views in this hotel are out of this world...make sure you ask for a room with a view of course and definetely ask for one with a balcony. From it, you can see the acropolis illuminated at night.

I also took advantage of room service for those night time munchies...however the menu was slightly limited so late at night.

Bathrooms were pretty fantastic, the cleaning could have been slightly better. Also if you need anything at all, don't be afraid to go to the front desk, they are extremely helpful.

In closing the only things I would point out as turn offs of this hotel are the location. Although it is still in Athens, it is about a mile or two away from the main center of the heart of the city which at times made is extremely inconvenient. I would have liked to walk back to my hotel but had to take taxis most of the time.

If you're looking for a great experience regardless of price then choose this hotel, however if you're on a budget then there are more affordable, albeit less wonderful hotels closer to the heart of Athens.

• Yianno1030's Profile Photo

Athens' Best Kept Secret

Xenodoheio- the Greek word for "hotel" Xeno meaning "stranger" and "guest" Truly the Ledra Marriott cators to all.
    Everytime I go to Greece, I always have to stay a few days at the Ledra Marriott, and I don't usually stay in Athens for so long. They have the best service and most comfortable rooms. With many fine restaurants and You are "Stin Kardia tis Athina" In the Heart of Athens.

Unique Quality: This hotel has an Olympic sized pool on its roof, along with whirlpool, and bar. You can enjoy a swim, a drink, or a meal while viewing all of Athens below you, and the Acropolis too! Also, the Ledra Marriott has a GREAT! Polynesian restaurant, Kona Kai, very rare in Greece.

Directions: right in the business center of Athens

• Sharrie's Profile Photo

Marriott Group of Hotels

One of the better Marriott hotels in the world. Not the Grand range but a good one. Was lucky to be upgraded to Executive floor since they were full & I'm a Marriott Reward member. The advantage... free flow of drinks & snacks for almost the entire day. Room rate is not cheap by world standard either. Generally, rooms in Athens are pretty expensive. With the Olympics next year, it's going to get worse. I checked in on a weekend & booked it through Marriott.com quite early so the rate is better (Euro 150 + 10.6% tax). The rates could go as high as double on some days.

Directions: Taxi cost from Syntagma is about Euro 5. So, comparatively, it's more logical to get a room here than Grand Bretagne. But then again, for some people, they only want the very best.

• Christianne's Profile Photo

coctail lounge
    laundry
    hair salon
    gift shop
    safe deposit at front desk
    satellite TV
    bar in every room
    restaurants

Directions: 115, SYNGROU AVENUE
    TEL:00301 9300000
    FAX:00301 9358603

More about Marriott Athens Ledra

Great for Athens

We stayed at the Athens Ledra Marriott for the last night on our honeymoon. The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating. They let us check in two hours early as we arrived on an early flight from the island of Santorini. The rooftop pool was really nice but we didn't spend anytime there as we were only spending one day in Athens and wanted to go to the Acropolis and the Plaka. Our room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The most comfortable bed we had in three weeks. The room was spacious but the furnishings were not the most up to date it seemed and the decor was nothing special. The shuttle bus apparently stops running on Saturday at 2 pm. So we were only able to take advantage of it going down to the Plaka and had to take the bus... which was reasonably easy and cheap on the return. The location I agree isn't the best. We had a room with a view of the Acropolis from our patio..which was nice but the traffic on the four lane highway outside our room was very loud. All in all is was a nice stay for one night but that is all you need in Athens anyway. We can't comment on the breakfast since we had to leave at 4 am for our flight!!

Restaurants/things to do

by tlobdell

Staying at the Marriott Athens Ledra 9/29 - 10/1. Any great local restaurants nearby within walking distance, or things to do?

Re: Restaurants/things to do

by oriettaIT

I have been in Athens last week, I think your Hotel is next to Plaka neighbohood so check my pages, I am just writing about the restaurants and what to do there.
Plaka is a very nice neighborhood, look like a little village inside the city, fashinating. I am sure you will enjoy your visit there.
have a nice stay. Orietta