NJV Athens Plaza Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 41% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Superb Location - Steady Value!

A timeless yet modern Luxury Hotel, member of the ultimate luxury collection of the Preferred Hotels & Resorts. We spent 3 memorable nights out here a few days back and this is how I comment on our stay.

LOCATION: Superb with one word! Its central location could not be better. The ideal location to combine business and pleasure stays. The prominent Syntagma Square puts all that the city has to offer at guests’ doorstep. Within walking distance from the historical part of Athens, Monastiraki, Plaka, Thiseio, the magnificent Acropolis and all the great landmarks. Handy for the tube, the bus and tram. Plaka is only a 5 minute walk, the beautiful National Gardens just across and right in the shopping and nightlife district.

CHECK-IN: It was quick, the service efficient and the staff extremely friendly. It is obvious that they are a bunch of professionals starting from the concierge, reception, waiters and management who are all exceptionally courteous and ready to meet the needs of their guests with attention to personalized service. I believe with such attention it can be one of the reasons for the many repeaters.

ROOM: Our spacious, bright and elegantly decorated room had a classy touch, fully equipped with modern amenities. Being on the 4th floor (#426) it overlooked the Greek Parliament and the tomb of the Unknown Soldier where we were able to watch the changing of the guard that takes place every hour. The double bed was comfortable enough and the overall interior had soft shades of green and brown creating a warm and welcoming ambiance.
    Even though it was right on the main road where traffic is nonstop, yet I can say we had a very quiet deep sleep thanks to the double soundproof glazed windows. An internal door in the room provided excellent noise insulation that guaranteed a unique sense of serenity. The hotel was fully booked but up in the room it was so peaceful that we felt as if we were the only couple on the whole floor.

Have in mind that the room lacks complimentary coffee/tea facilities but there was a courtesy treat of a bottle of wine instead!
    Balconies are with no chairs and seem decorative mostly, but the view from the room was great anyway.

BATHROOM: Marbled bathroom with a bath tub, spacious and well lit. Towels were changed daily and upon request were bright and fluffy with a smell of freshness. Bathrobes and slippers were also provided. The Branded (Apivita) toiletries included a vanity kit, a shampoo/shower gel and body cream are an extra opulence touch.

BREAKFAST: Taken at the Parliament Restaurant. A rich American buffet breakfast with extensive choice of delicious cold and hot dishes, natural juices, pastries, dessert, seasonal fruit and many more.
    There is anything you can think of, with plenty of healthy options as well. There is enough to fill you up for hours, and the staff is very attentive. Quality ingredients of excellent taste. Do include breakfast when booking it pays for what you get.

RESTAURANT: The only thing I can comment about the restaurant is that the interior reflects elegance and luxury. Comfortable seating, velvet curtains, mirrors and lightings are all carefully chosen to provide a classy interior. However, we had both lunch and dinner outside so I cannot comment on the cuisine and the dining experience out here.

WIFI: Internet in the room is under a fee, however there is a computer with internet access and a printer available next to the reception but most of the time there was somebody working on it.

PLAZA LOUNGES: We had three times a coffee-break at this cozy café in the lobby. Coffee comes with homemade dessert and I urge you to try it. I am sure you will enjoy this extra touch of comfort out here. The service is impeccable, the relaxing music and natural lighting and inviting ambience will make you come back for more. You can have snacks and drinks out here either down at the lobby or on the upper floor of the Plaza lounge.

EATING OUT: In the round area and close to the hotel try ‘Tzitzikas kai Mermigas’ at Aischilou 26 Street. It is quite popular. You will find Greek traditional cuisine. Try some ‘meze’ dishes for a start.
    The other option I can recommend for Vegatarians and not only, is the ‘Avocado’-Food for life restaurant which is at Nikis Street at Syntagma. I have been here several times and it never disappointed me.

IN ALL: Our overall experience proved the best choice for our short breakaway. This urban chic hotel is a haven for businessmen and the leisure traveler. It is a hotel with great potential and I highly recommend it for all the above reasons.

More about NJV Athens Plaza Hotel

interior of Agia Dynami churchinterior of Agia Dynami church

PropylaiaPropylaia

Cypriot art, Museum of Cycladic Art, AthensCypriot art, Museum of Cycladic Art, Athens

Chapel of St. George, Lykavittos HillChapel of St. George, Lykavittos Hill

Athens hotel - please help pick

by nmbr1girl7

Hello, after some great advice I went on to further research. I have selected few hotels, but now have tough time picking which one. your help is highly appreciated.
Athenian Callirhoe - i can get a good price for this hotel (how is the location and if anyone stayed please provide some comments
Hilton Athens - how is the location in this one
NJV Athens Plaza - sounds like one of the best options but a bit pricey
Divani Caravel -
Athens Electra Hotel
Again all your help is appreciated

by lyntraveller

Go to GOOGLE and type in the name of the Hotel and trip advisor, say Athens Electra trip advisor, (you will see 38 comments)then the next name and trip advisor and so on. You will see comments from real travellers who have stayed there. Very useful, I use trip advisor all the time and it has helped me to choose or avoid numerous hotels.

by worldinabag

Hi

I like the Syntagma (Constitution Square) area of Athens. It's clean, safe and well located so you'll find it popular with the luxury hotels. So the Electra and the NJV would be my pick of the bunch. I'm not an Athen's expert but the other hotels look like you'll have to do a lot more walking to go sightseeing.

by thanalik

NJV has the best location,although i would preffer King George,next door or GrandeBretagne. Hilton is in good location very close to city and has one of the best city view from the roof bar.The other 3 would be my second thought. Also spend a visit in www.classicalhotels.com www.periscope.gr and www.sglycabettus.gr

Travel Tips for Athens

Under Constrution...

by LolaSanFrancisco

I remember walking miles in the ungodly heat of Athens, up a hill that never stopped, feeling the blisters on my feet. Walking and walking and walking. Only to get into the Acropolis to find that it was under construction! I was devastated. I sulked and squinted my eyes to imagine what it would look like with out scaffolding and mesh everywhere. At the time I couldn’t believe that no one told us, or that it wasn’t somehow on the news: “ATTENTION TRAVELS!”
After logging more travels I realized this is very common and nothing to get bent about. Such is life.

go to Acropolis, Parthenon,...

by fey

go to Acropolis, Parthenon, Sounio, Kolonaki, Plaka, Vouliagmeni lake, drink frappe in the afternoon next to the see in Voula, visit Village Park, Ermou for shopping, Omonia, Sintagma, Monastiraki to eat souvlaki in Thanassi In the spring or summer, there is nothing better than drinking ouzo with meze in Plaka about 9 to 11 o'clock in the evening (or everywhere in Greece)

Milko

by WillAntoniou

I am a fan of chocolate milk. And here in Greece there is a chocolate milk called "Milko." Now I have tasted a lot of chocolate milk in my life, but Milko is by far the best. Try it! It's at almost every Kiosk or store.

This is not in Athens - sorry...

by Jillworld

This is not in Athens - sorry to mislead, just did not want to give one photo it's own page! This is the Corinth Canal, we saw it en route to Athens. It joins the Ionian and the Aegean Seas, and is quite impressive to see. I have read that the digging actually began in 67 AD! It was constructed as you see it today, in the very late 1800's.

Socrates

by AndyRG

Our best sources of information about Socrates's philoshophical views (he lived between 469-399 BC) are the early dialogues of his student Plato. His statue is in front of the Academy, next to the statue of Plato. They guard the main staircase...

Comments