Zinon Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Susumarie's Profile Photo

Off the Beaten Path

We arrived late at night, and I have to say it scared me a bit, the neighborhood and surroundings. I am glad we were in a taxi at the time at right by the front door. Moving past the initial impression, it was very pleasant. The room was large enough to manage comfortably in, the beds were comfortable, small closet allowed for hanging things. We had a balcony that overlooked a street scene that I would not be too excited to look out on, but I appreciated the area to dry clothes on. The bathroom was small, with the shower stall just big enough to stand in. All in all, the room was nice, clean, and I would recommend it. The staff was excellent, very helpful, pleasant in all aspects. Included was a full buffet breakfast that was quite good. Also, internet service was provided free of charge in the lobby. The neighborhood is not the very best, but I don't think any of that area necessarily is, and just don't go wandering at night. During the day, it is just fine.

Unique Quality: I appreciated the closeness to the underground, which made it easy to get to other parts of the city, and very easy to get back to the airport.

• Travjack's Profile Photo

Near Omonia Square

March 25, 2008. This is a Best Western. Therefore we can trust it, rely on the mother company's integrity and count on a bit of quality. Right? That's why I booked it online at a cost of 50 Euros per night. Cheap for Athens. I stayed three nights while I was there on a short sight-seeing spree.

Ommonia Square was a surprise. I hadnt counted on it being so seedy. I took out a map, got my bearings and walked a bit trying to find the hotel. Criss cross. Eventually i found it on a diagonal offshoot street right there before my very own eyes. How did i miss it?

I was lucky. I got a single room on the 5th floor with a view to the back, off the main street where it was more quiet. Cosy enuff room, bed decent, big balcony out back with a crammed view of the dense people-packed architecture which is Athena. The writing desk I liked.

In the morning there's a breakfast buffet in the main lobby. Fake juice but boiled eggs, good bread, hams and cheeses, fresh fruit, a toaster, great coffee and plenty of it. What more could you want? Champagne with fresh squeezed orange juice? That's Hilton stuff.

The only thing that will make people wonder is the seedy quality around Ommonia Square. Seems quite derelict. Dodgy characters here and there. For a single male, travel tested, cool and calm, easy-does-it, it's no problem at all. For the easily-spooked it may be spooky.

Unique Quality: Try to get top floors, away from street noise.
    Breakfast is decent. Plenty of coffee.

Directions: 8 minute walk from Ommonia Square Metro station.

More about Best Western Zinon Hotel

Airport bus from Airport to Syntagma square at 00;25 am

by baecho

Hi,
I will arrive at Athens Airport at 00:25 am and take the Airport bus to get Syntagma Square because I will stay at Best Western Hotel Zinon which is located at 3 Keramikou & Zinonos Street.

1. Do I have to get off the Syntagma Square or Stadio, one bus stop before Syntagma to close the hotel?
2.If I get off the Syntagma Square is it easy to catch a taxi to get the hotel at 02:00 am?
3.According to E95 bus schedule there is "Stadio" stop,one stop before Syntagma Square is "Stadio" stop close to Omonia Square?
4.If I take a walk from the Syntagma Square to the hotel how long will it take and will it be safe at 02:00 am?

best regards

RE: Airport bus from Airport to Syntagma square at 00;25 am

by brotherleelove

Syntagma is closer than Stadiou. Using this map: http://www.hotelsofathens.com/images/map_of_athens.jpg

You can walk to the hotel along Stadiou Street in about 20 minutes. There will be taxis at Syntagma but at that hour they will cost double the normal amount.

Comments