7 Gounari St, Piraeus, Attica, 18531, Greece

Expedia.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Absolutely fine and just what we wanted!

This hotel is perfectly located just opposite the port. We stayed a few days before heading off island hopping and then a couple more days upon return to Athens.

I have to say I totally disagree with the below review. The staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast, teas and coffees were lovely, reasonable price and a few steps from our ferry!

Our room was what we expected. Big enough for two, clean bathroom, tv, aircon and new furniture. they could change the carpets. but overall great stay and will return next year inbetween island hopping!

Unique Quality: Great location and staff

• Greece's Worst Hotel

The Acropole, or as my friends and I not so fondly refer to it – A CRAP HOLE – is the worst ‘hotel’ I’ve ever stayed at in my entire life, and that includes being worse than some pretty dodgy backpackers and hostels.

To start with, the rooms aren’t cleaned – we found a condom wrapper under our bed. The beds are terrible – my partner and I had a double bed which creaked and groaned every time you breathed, and our friends across the hall experienced the same thing.

The most important part of a room in Piraeus in August is the air conditioner because it’s unbelievably suffocatingly hot. Ours was literally held together by an ear bud and barely cooled the room down by even 1 degree. But 1 degree was better than nothing when the electricity went off just before 4am, taking the air conditioner with it! I woke up because I couldn’t breathe, and there was no way I could get back to sleep in the heat of that room.

The electricity had gone out on every floor except reception (how convenient) and they couldn’t have cared less. We had to get dressed and packed for our early morning ferry completely in the dark and sweltering heat, and then drag our suitcases down 3 flights of stairs with no help whatsoever from the manager on duty.

I demanded our money back for the stay because it was the most disgusting filthy room I’ve ever stayed in – only one window that opened onto a noisy ventilation shaft, no air conditioner, no electricity, and definitely no offer of a candle or any kind of assistance from the manager. He basically shrugged his shoulders and said he didn’t care.

At €70 a night for a room, this was one of the more expensive places we stayed at during our time in Greece and it was by far the worst. I read a lot of reviews on the hotel and still wasn’t prepared for how bad this place was. The only thing I can say is save yourself – DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Directions: Near the ferry terminal E8