Leocharous 7, Piraeus, Attica, 185-31, Greece

Hostelworld.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Conveniently located hotel for overnight stay

I arrived in Piraeus late one evening in early October 2005 with nowhere to stay. I'd just completed a 4 hour ferry journey from Tinos and was planning to take a hydrofoil to Aegina the following morning.

Just minutes after stepping off the ferry, I was approached by a taxi driver who told me he knew of a cheap, convenient hotel nearby. With no other plan, I decided I'd go along with him. A few hundred yards away he dropped me off at the Delfini Hotel, a 3* hotel right by the port.

I checked in for the night at a cost of 50 Euros.

This is pretty much a no-frills hotel catering mainly for people who will be staying for just the one night between ferry journeys. There is no fancy decoration in the lobby or along the corridors, no breakfast is served and there are no leisure amenities on site. There doesn't need to be - most people who are in Piraeus at night are just looking for somewhere to sleep before catching a ferry the next day, and this hotel is perfectly adequate for this purpose.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and well-furnished. My room had a large comfortable bed, en-suite facilities, air conditioning and heating, satellite TV and a very cold fridge (my bottle of water turned to ice overnight!). As a place to spend one night, I don't think you can ask for much more.

Obviously, the key selling point of this hotel is its location, overlooking the port and just a few minutes walk to the ferries and hydrofoils.

A good, convenient hotel. You probably won't be staying in Piraeus long and this hotel will meet your needs.

Directions: Directly opposite the port, a few minutes walk from where the hydrofoils go to the Saronic Gulf islands.

Comments