Platis Gialos, Argostolion, 281 00, Greece

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about White Rocks Hotel & Bungalows

Another Lassi Beach

by Russ60

This is a beach attached to the grounds of the White Rocks Hotel on the edge of Lassi.
If you look in the holiday brochures the beach at this hotel is often shown.

Magical White Rocks

by TripAdvisor Member Likos

We have just returned from a two week stay at the wonderful, magical White Rocks Hotel in Kefalonia, we are regular visitors but on this trip we were amazed to discover that the impossible had happened and they had improved on perfection. As usual all the staff were tremendously friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them and the hotel in it's entirety is as clean as any hotel I have seen in the world, the beautiful gardens and hotel grounds were immaculate and a pleasure to wander through each day on the way for breakfast or dinner. Now this is the thing I want to tell you about, " the food ", In our opinion it's always been good but on this trip it was absolutely fantastic, Breakfast is self service but everything is hot, fresh and plentiful and such a variation you would be hard pushed to get fed up even after two weeks. Dinner was silver service and was brilliant, again extremely varied, cooked to perfection everyday ( the soups are to die for ) and served by the charming, pleasant up for a laugh staff, I cannot praise this Hotel highly enough. Thank You all for a wonderful relaxing stay in your magical Hotel, we came home feeling fresh and rested and knowing that we would certainly return again as soon as possible to once again enjoy perfection on Kefalonia.

wonderful break

We have stayed in the White Rocks Hotel 3 times over the past 7 years and would return on the first opportunity; we have recommended it to friends and relatives who were all very impressed and satisfied in every respect.

We found the location tranquil, well away from the hassle of "touristy" areas. Within the hotel grounds there are 3 secluded private beaches, there is a safe playground area for children and an immaculate swimming pool which is never crowded even with full occupancy.

One feels always welcome in this family-run hotel with the personal touch; it is very clean throughout. We found the food delicious, the service courteous, the personnel friendly and never intrusive. The aroma of the hotel's numerous pine trees combined with the sea breeze is so rejuvenating and beneficial to "tired" lungs.

It is an ideal hotel to enjoy one of the most beautiful islands of the Mediterranean.

Worst Hotel ever!

by TripAdvisor Member Kestrel1242

We stayed at this hotel in May 2005 but have only written the review now due to legal action taken against the tour operator for misrepresentation.
As we won our case and they settled out of court we are now able to write our review.
The rooms were out dated, shabby and nowhere near the advertised four star rating.
The food was disgraceful - We found powder in the soup and mashed potato. There were only two choices given for the evening meal. We were ordered to sit at the same table on every visit to the restaurant!
Breakfast was better but still not brilliant.
The hotel was kept extremely clean and the staff were very friendly, when we complained about our room they moved us and we settled on the third offering which was our final option.
Pool appeared to have been updated and was very nice.
Main reception area was pleasent.
The good reviews all appear to be from people who have been going here for many years and it probably was OK in its time (70's?) The hotel is in need of serious updating and we suggest you visit at your peril !!
Would we go again - Certainly not.

This place is hideous

If, like me, you are a young at heart 40 something professional and you have stayed in modern 4* hotels in europe, AVOID THE WHITE ROCKS LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Kefalonia is gorgeous.
The white Rocks is out of the 1970's, and I guarantee you will weep with disappointment if you expect anything else. Food is dire, we ate out every night apart from the first, despite being on half board. rooms are like prison cells. Friends tell me facilities in Greece are basic but invasions of ants, mould and dirt are not what you expect for 4* prices.
If this review stops just one person from wasting their money by believing what the brochures say, then I am happy.

a great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member lorenzo244

not knowing what to expect after reading some poor reviews the both of us were pleasantly surprised with the white rocks hotel.The location close to the airport(no aircraft noise)was ideal after a three and a half hour flight.The hotel itself although on the main road posed no significent problems for walking into Lassi which is only six or seven minutes away and Argostoli about thirty five minutes away.On site spacious lounges and bar and outside lounge on the second floor,inside restaurant on the first and outside dining area on the ground level.Access to two small beaches from within the hotel grounds(one private) and the most fabulous pool area.Sea view accomodation is recommended in the hotel area (in case of any road noise)although try to avoid above the bar in high season.The bungalows had stunning views(my tip for accomodation the deluxe for a few euros more) the food was good and plentiful and the staff brilliant ,the place was spotless clean.Yes the hotel was probably built in the late seventies but only added to the charm and delight of a great week We will definately be back

Great Relaxing holiday

I stayed at this hotel in may 2006, and I can say I was thoroughly satisfied on my destination choice. I was very pleased when I arrived at the White rocks as it looked like a very nice hotel. I wasn't so impressed with the room when I first in it, as it was a little smaller than I had expected, however when I opened the French doors to view the balcony I was amazed, it's the best view from a hotel I have ever had! As is with many last minute deals or villa holidays I usually go on have no views at all. the balcony was really nice and was an excellent place to relax on an evening over looking the sea. the pool and beach facilities were excellent and very secluded and I was especially pleased how clean the whole pool area was. the one thing I would say needs improving is the catering side, though the food was of good quality I feel there should have been a little more variety and more traditional Greek dishes. other than that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be going back. One word of advice getting in the sea can be a bit hazardous as there are rocks on the sea bed, take wet shoes if possible.

For those of you that want a lively clubbing type holiday this is definitely not for you, as this is thoroughly an unwinders paradise.

A Very pleased customer

Authentic Greek Hospitality

Being a Cephalonian at heart but having never lived there, this hotel has been one of our family's favourite destinations for many years - from the wonderful sandy beaches, to the delicious authentic greek buffet lunches under the pine trees, to the friendly staff - from grand-parents to grandchildren, there is something for everyone to enjoy at their own rhythm. The bungalows/rooms are simply furnished but comfortable and very clean - the sunsets are unforgetable. The location offers beautiful sea views and is extremely convenient (10 min taxi to Argostoli). For those looking for a hotel with genuine greek atmosphere, classic comforts and great service, White Rocks is an ideal place to stay and relax.

Unparalleled Relaxation

We have been to Greece 8 times and 7 of those times have stayed @White Rocks in Cefalonia. We return there year after year because the minute we arrive we are transcended through time to a place so lovely that we instantly forget the problems of our daily lives.
This picturesque hotel by the sea is pristinely maintained by a cadre of longtime dedicated employees who are more like family than staff. We have only stayed in the bungalows overlooking the sea. The view from the upgraded deck to the sea is breathtaking. The charming rooms are cleaned daily and are nothing less than immaculate. When you enter your room in the late afternoon the doors and curtains have been drawn to prevent the summer heat from entering. Perhaps this is the darkness that is mentioned in another reviewers comments but it is welcomed after a day in the sun.
The pool is spectacular and has a 180 degree view of the sea. The private crescent beach with cerulean blue water is just below where there are beach chairs, umbrellas, rafts for rent and fresh towels. The shaded beach bar has a cozy location and great view of the sea. They offer sandwiches and a variety of refreshments. Our favorite lunch is sitting outside under the pine trees at the main hotel where once again the sea view is fabulous. It is tough deciding what to eat because everything from this cafeteria style service (both hot and cold) is homemade and so delicious. The mousaka in particular is the best we have ever had.
The dinners are also consistently excellent. The prix fix menu for the evening meal is posted each day with a minimum of two choices for the main meal. Included with your meal are: soup, salad, a meal sized appetizer, dinner with vegetables, rice, potato, rolls, desert and coffee or tea. Once again we want to taste everything because it is so wonderful. A full bar also compliments our beverage choices. Service is excellent and the staff is helpful and very professional, remembering and anticipating your needs practically before you sit down.
Breakfasts include everything from greek yogurt and honey to breads, pastries, eggs, bacon and sausage. No one leaves hungry from these tables!
Also offered from the hotel are tours on and off the island and wireless internet service.
We stayed in other hotels and other islands in Greece but we return every year because we love the peace and tranquility that White Rocks offers. We find that many people do the same. We leave feeling like we have been spoiled by family…our only regret that it will be 351 days before we can do it again.

Horrendous - Steer Clear

A complete waste of money and time, my girlfriend and I walked into the room, sat in stunned silence for about 3 minutes, laughed hysterically for a about 60 seconds, then came close to crying, before finally making a hasty exit.

1970's decor isn't my kind of thing to begin with, but BAD 1970's decor is just appalling no matter what your tastes...

The guys on recpetion weren't even surprised when we told them we were leaving (after a total of about 15 minutes), but I would surely have paid NOT to stay there had they made a fuss.

Comments