Diamanto

Sailing out of SamiSailing out of Sami

Melissani cavesMelissani caves

Melissani cavesMelissani caves

Travel Tips for Sami

If you're coming to Cephalonia you must....

by Snipernurse

If you're coming to Cephalonia, or Greece for that manner, it is a must that you read Louis De Berniere's Captain Corelli's Mandollin, an absolutely fantastic novel about WWII in Cephalonia. Truly a great read, educational and entertaining. The movie, however, does not give the story justice and should be avoided altogether.

Leaving Sami

by JLBG

On this photo, the boat of one of our friends is going to sail out of Sami. In the background, our Land-Rover is parked on the quay. We plan to meet them again in the evening, where they are going to sail while we will do the same route on the road that overlooks the Ithaki channel.

Lovely Setting

by kevin36

I like the laid back lifestyle of Sami and also the welcome from the people they are very freindly and helpful, nothing seems too much trouble.
The nice settings of the Tavernas and the backdrop is just like a movie setting, with the blue sea and skies with the mountains in background.
Oh how i wish i was there right now,its gloomy and raining here in the UK today.

Wonderful beach and natural beauty!

by Christianne

I started to go to Sami for summer holidays when I was 5 years old. My cousins and my uncles live there.
My last visit was in February 2003. It was my first time during the winter in Sami and I have to say that I really enjoyed it because my cousins they had free time to spend with. During the summer, like in all the touristic areas, they work during all the day.

Sailing out of Sami

by JLBG

On this photo, the two boats of our friends are sailing out of Sami. In the background, Mount Ainos, 1626 meters over the sea, is showing. Mount Ainos is now a national Park, the smallest of Greece. It is possible to hike into the park and reach the summit but Spring or autumn are better than summer.

Comments