Archaeological Museum of Chania
The museum was organized in the Venetian Monastery of St. Francis in 1963. The building previously served different purposes.
Presently, as its official website says, Museum's collections include:
- Minoan finds from the city of Chania
- Prehistoric finds from caves
- Minoan items from various sites in the prefecture
- Finds from graves of the Geometric period
- Finds from the city of Chania, dated to historic times
- Finds from other towns of the Chania prefecture
- Jewellery (prehistoric and historic times)
- Sculpture, inscriptions, stelae
This year I didn't visit the museum but I remember that I liked it very much during my previous visits to Chania.
Ticket: EUR 2.00