- Very centrally located right across the cross-shaped building, market.
- Walking distance to the harbor and old town sites.
- 15-20 minutes walk from the KTEL bus station.
- Taxi to the CHQ airport costs €17. The taxi uses meter! We had a very nice taxi driver.
- Helpful staff provided us info on day trip by bus to villages.
- Modern deco of lobby.
Unique Quality: Room (508):
- A standard double room
- We requested a non-smoking room, and found an ash tray in our room, also on the entire floor, only one room door has a non-smoking sign.
- The air ventilation brings in the smoky smell from other rooms of the hotel.
- The room looks old.
- The safe is large enough for a small lap top.
- It has a refrigerator.
- 1 double and 1 single bed. The sheet on the double bed was very thin. Interestingly, another narrower sheet is at the middle (under the top sheet), NOT covering the entire bed width. The mattress is on the very firm side.
- While faces a busy street, the sound proof window works well to block the noise.
- Good view of the Turkish neighborhood with bell towers from afar.
- The bathtub/shower combined unit has a curtain. It seems for most of the hotels we stayed in Greece, the faucet/shower head unit is always at the middle of the tub which is not the most convenient, it gives very limited room for a person to move around (I am not even heavy). In this case, the curtain constantly sticks to your body while take shower.
- Sufficient sink top area for toiletry.
Breakfast/Buffet (included in the room rate):
- The breakfast area has a nice view of the cross-shaped market building across the street
- Usual cold cuts, Frankie, scrambled eggs, sunshine eggs, bacon; fruits, juices. Yogurt, cereal, various kind of bread (more variety of breads and cookies, and jams).
- They have no fat-free milk.
- Two unique items: grape preserves with a very mild taste, so mild that I could not tell what that was and thought was some sort of olive preserve (the grapes float in the syrup), and rose petal preserve (you can feel the rose petals’ texture, reminded me the Indian restaurants).
- Charge €2 for each half hour of wireless internet access. You have to request to the receptionist for the time length of use first.
Yermaniko Pouli, Chania
9 Theofanus Street, Chania
Old Venetian Harbour, Chania
164 Elef Venizelou Street, Chania
Latest Chania hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: Sofoklis Venizelou Square, Chania, Crete, 73100, Greece