Asterion Hotel

bezsensu's Profile Photo

This was a great stay

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 11, 2014

I spent 2 weeks at Asterion Hotel this year (in the end of August/beginning of September) and I was delighted by the quality of the service. First of all, my room was spacious and very clean, well equipped and functional. It even had a small cooking corner!
The hotel is located just next to the beach. You can use hotel sunbeds on the beach and although there aren't too many of them, I never saw all of them being occupied so it seemed like the amount of them was just right.
The staff was very polite, very helpful and always smiling. The most impressive job in my opinion was done by the chef - I rarely eat such an excellent food in hotel restaurants. Breakfasts were fresh and tasty but a real treat were the dinners. The food was made of fresh ingredients, it gave the guests the possibility to taste Greek cousine and it was truly delicious. The hotel serves breakfasts and dinners as a buffet but during the day you can also order some dishes from the menu in the hotel restaurant. It's worth visiting that restaurant, the food there was mouth watering as well.
The owner of the hotel takes care of everything and in my opinion she does it really well. Everything is under her control and clearly such a commitment pays - I literally felt pampered during my stay. My mom, who has even higher expectations than me, felt the same.
Mind the goal of your stay though. If you are hoping to find a crazy company and experience unforgettable parties, you should probably choose another place. Asterion is a quiet and peaceful hotel, meant mostly for the relaxation. The craziest thing you can do here is to drink something in the hotel bar, as long as you finish by midnight. On the other hand, if all you are looking for is to have some rest in some very good conditions, Asterion should be a satisfactory choice.

Nearby Asterion Hotel

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Platanias Travel Forum

Need advice about Platanias, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Platanias and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Platanias hotel reviews