Xiotel Residence Sea Breeze Apartments

Agios Emilianos, Chios, 82100, Greece

Sea Breeze Hotel Apartments
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

• BE CAREFUL IF YOU STAY HERE

I had planned this trip to chios for about a year. I did as much research as I could about the Xiotel Sea Breeze (without flying there a seeing it before hand). Everything I read about it was right. It was 5 km away from some good tavernas, very close to the beach, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, about 15km from airport. What It didn't say was that, you have to travel on some very tight dangerous roads, yes 15km from airport but the time it takes to go 15km isn't the same as if you were traveling on regular sized roads. The hill to get to the parking lot is VERY VERY VERY STEEP (scary steep with a manual transmission car). I didn't see any street lights but there may have been. The place is so out of the way that, unless you are going there to stay on the beach the whole time, I would NEVER stay there. Once we arrived and established that this was not the place for us, we told Michali that we wouldn't be staying there for the reasons I just mentioned. He was not happy AT ALL. Unfortunatley I did not go through a travel agent rather I chose to book directly through e mail correspondence with Michali. In our writing to eachother never once did he send me nor talk about their cancellation policy. Well he RUDELY told me that they would be keeping the WHOLE length of stay amount because that is their policy. After leaving and finding a great place in Chios town I talked to the Tourist Police. They informed me that What Michali did was against the law and asked us to write up a report in order for them to look in to the matter. The police were very upset that this happened and even called Michali to straighten things out but Michali would have none of it. Although he says his policy is that there is no refund, this is against the law. Please be aware of this if you intend to book with this place. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to look elsewhere. Chios is a beautiful place with incredible people and there are many many wonderful places other than this to stay. I'm sorry it came to this. This is a very short synapsis of what really went on. If you would like more detail please ask.

Directions: OUT OF THE WAY