Xiotel Residence Sea Breeze Apartments

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 15 reviews
Expedia.com Booking.com

BE CAREFUL IF YOU STAY HERE

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 13, 2010

I had planned this trip to chios for about a year. I did as much research as I could about the Xiotel Sea Breeze (without flying there a seeing it before hand). Everything I read about it was right. It was 5 km away from some good tavernas, very close to the beach, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, about 15km from airport. What It didn't say was that, you have to travel on some very tight dangerous roads, yes 15km from airport but the time it takes to go 15km isn't the same as if you were traveling on regular sized roads. The hill to get to the parking lot is VERY VERY VERY STEEP (scary steep with a manual transmission car). I didn't see any street lights but there may have been. The place is so out of the way that, unless you are going there to stay on the beach the whole time, I would NEVER stay there. Once we arrived and established that this was not the place for us, we told Michali that we wouldn't be staying there for the reasons I just mentioned. He was not happy AT ALL. Unfortunatley I did not go through a travel agent rather I chose to book directly through e mail correspondence with Michali. In our writing to eachother never once did he send me nor talk about their cancellation policy. Well he RUDELY told me that they would be keeping the WHOLE length of stay amount because that is their policy. After leaving and finding a great place in Chios town I talked to the Tourist Police. They informed me that What Michali did was against the law and asked us to write up a report in order for them to look in to the matter. The police were very upset that this happened and even called Michali to straighten things out but Michali would have none of it. Although he says his policy is that there is no refund, this is against the law. Please be aware of this if you intend to book with this place. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND to look elsewhere. Chios is a beautiful place with incredible people and there are many many wonderful places other than this to stay. I'm sorry it came to this. This is a very short synapsis of what really went on. If you would like more detail please ask.

Directions: OUT OF THE WAY

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Chios Travel Forum

Need advice about Chios, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Chios and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Chios hotel reviews

Sun Village Hotel Apartments
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Chios
Portraits Please
Off The Beaten Path
Getting to Know the 'Girls.'
Finding the Key to the Church
Saint 'Milk' - Agia Gala's Hidden Cave Church
PYRGI'S SUN DRIED Wild Red Tomatoes
Human Bones!
Volissos Ancient Church
Off The Beaten Path
Emporios: a great place to stay
Mastichochoria
Things to Do
Don't miss those beaches, please
Komi beach: swim here!
Chios Harbour
Chios Harbour
Cofee at Chios' Harbour
Things to Do
An afternoon coffee at Chios harbour
Managro
Kambos I
Early Christian basilica of Aghios Isidoros
Chios´ Maritime Museum
Things to Do
Giustiniani Palace (or Palataki)
Things to Do
Chios’ Byzantine Museum (Medjitie Mosque)
Archeological Museum of Chios