Skyros Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• mindcrime profile photo mindcrime
  • Reviews: 3649

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Skyros Junior Studios: Skyros Junior Studios

We wanted a double room for two nights, most preferable on a seaside village and not in Chora so to be near the sea in the morning. Skyros Junior Studios turned out a basic but good budget option (25e per night for a double room in june 2014 was a great deal).

Location:
It is located in Molos (2km from Chora). The beach is 500m away. From the main road we followed the signs to Junior. There is free space for parking on the inner yard. The bus stop is also near by.

The building:
The hotel is old and it shows but we liked the inner yard which is full of trees. The owner lives on the opposite building where they have the lobby, not that we needed anything.

Room:
We booked a Double Room with Garden view for 25e per night through booking.com(have in mind the price doubles during high season). Our room was on the first floor overlooking the central yard. It was actually a triple room as there was an extra bed (pic3) which is always handy for some extra space. Old furniture, a small CRT 14’ TV, A/C and a very small but helpful room with kitchenette and fridge where you can cook something.

Downsides:
The old worn out sheets is always a bad sign, A net for mosquitos will be a good upgrade although I’d suggest a general renovation (but for the price we paid we had no complains, excellent value for
money but in high season it doubles so I’d expect some extras).

Reception/staff:
It’s a family runned business with friendly people. As expected there was a problem with mosquitos during the night but I asked for an anti-mosquito device that was provided to us after 5’ and saved our sleep.

Other facilities:
There’s no breakfast but there are markets, café and restaurants near by.
There was wifi but the signal was very weak, in reality it works only at the reception area.
Enough free parking space but I’m not sure if this will be the case during high season.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 28, 2015

Skyros Junior Studios

• greekcypriot profile photo greekcypriot
  • Reviews: 1699

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

"PEGASUS ESTATE": A Complex I Strongly Reccomend!

We just returned from “Pegasus Estate” in Acherounes, after spending 3 wonderful nights here. The resort is situated south of the port of Linaria on the east coast. It is a 3 minute drive, or 10 minutes on foot from the port. The small bay is always calm, protected from the strong winds.

The resort is just 30 metres from the beach, and it dominates 2 two-floor buildings which are fully equipped and have the traditional local style. Our room was huge with a comfortable wooden carved bed, our small kitchen with a refrigerator and a small oven, separated by a breakfast bar with three stools. In one corner there was a long Skyrian sofa and two tables. The owner has given much attention to the Skyrian decoration. Clean towels, the bathroom spacious and well lit with a bath tub, although it needs some renovation.
Our verandah was huge overlooking the trim garden with palm trees and grass with colorful plants and nice décor. A play ground for children, and a wood-burning oven are some of the facilities near the café bar of the estate. Plenty of parking space.

The owner and creator of this small paradise Mr. Lefteris Trakos has worked miracles here. His passion is obvious through the whole estate. I was impressed in every step I had. Small details that make every spot in the premises, unique.
I recommend it to both young couples, and families with children.
If I ever visit the island again, I would surely book in this estate.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 7, 2010

Our bedroom

• crizgr profile photo crizgr
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Traditional house: Search for a traditional house

Highly recommended, it is a private house rented to families.

Great space for a 4-members family, with separate kitchen living room and bedroom. Spacious yard for the kids to play... nice view

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average