- It does not looks like an exciting location, but good enough to walk to the interesting sites.
- Very centrally located. Walking distance to old town sites.
- 15 minutes walk from the harbor.
- 5 minutes taxi costs €6 (plus tip of €1). Again, we were asked to share the ride (but not the cost) with a stranger (not a problem).
- 20 minutes walk from the KTEL bus station where you can take bus either to Knossos (local bus #2), Rethymnon, Chania (KTEL bus) or some other parts of the Crete island.
Only when we get to the hotel, did we see an announcement “taxi would be on strike 5 AM tomorrow till 5 AM the day after”. We had to haul our luggage all the way to the KTEL bus station on uneven/bumpy and narrow sidewalks. It turned out we made it fine. :)
Unique Quality: Lobby/Reception:
- Friendly and resourceful staff.
- However the hotel was not able to help customers with their transportation needs (e.g., taking luggage to KTEL bus station) while taxi drivers are on strike.
- The lobby is full of unpleasant cigarette smell, many people sitting there smoking.
- The hotel has a ‘garden patio’ behind the restaurant (also on the same floor where Lobby is), which provided a cool oasis from the baking heat outside.
- View: It has a small balcony overlooking the harbor but the view mostly blocked by a building in front of it.
- Deco: The room is nicely designed (simple and modern)
- Bed: A full size bed, on the firm side.
- Quietness: There is not much traffic nearby, thus very quiet.
- Safe: Large enough for a small lap top.
- It has a shower/bath combined unit with nicely installed sliding doors. Finally we did not have to worry about taking shower and wipe the wet floor. Large enough sink top provides sufficient sink room for toiletry.
Breakfast/Buffet (included in the room rate):
- Usual cold cuts, Frankie, scrambled eggs, sunshine eggs, bacon; fruit, and juices. Yogurt, cereal, various kind of bread. It has more variety of breads, and jams than some other hotels. They have fat-free milk.
- Free wireless access in room.
Hotel Atrion in Iraklion,Crete
around 80 to 90 US$ for a double room with breakfast
Unique Quality: good price, near everything in the center, books excursions
15 Epimenidou Street, , Heraklion
75 Dimokratias Avenue, Heraklion
9 Chronaki St, Heraklion
2, Sof. Venizelou Str. and M. Agarathou, Heraklion
Latest Heraklion hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 9 Chronaki St, Heraklion, Crete, 712 02, Greece