Hara Ilios Hotel

Booking.com Priceline.com Hotelsclick.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 11% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Heraklion

cafe on street marketcafe on street market

The church of Agios TitosThe church of Agios Titos

Dinner For The Starving (with bread - no butter!!)Dinner For The Starving (with bread - no butter!!)

Gallery in the subway at Heraklion market placeGallery in the subway at Heraklion market place

Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by AcornMan

It looks like I'll be flying into Heraklion from Athens and arriving in the early evening. I would like to spend one night there, then see Knossos and the archeological musuem before catching a bus west to Rethymnon. Can someone recommend an inexpensive hotel in Heraklion? If possible I'd like to be within walking distance of the museum and the main bus stop that is located by the waterfront. It must be a private room though, no dorms. I have emailed Hotel Lena asking about their rates but they have not sent a response yet. Thank you.

RE: Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by hmoitta

I stayed there in a hotel well located but I don't remember the name, I think I've put it in my Greece pages.

RE: Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by AcornMan

It looks like I answered my own question. After doing a lot of digging I found a place called Hotel Rea for just 30 Euros per night for a double room with private bath. I don't think they have air conditioning though, but the next cheapest place I found was 50 Euros per night. Here's Hotel Rea's web site if you need it: http://www.hotelrea.gr/

RE: RE: Inexpensive hotel in Heraklion?

by Elenitsa

Looks good - not much further out than the Lena...let us know what it's like! Seems awful cheap for Heraklion, but looking at the map the location seems pretty good. Bit of a hike to the Archaeological Museum - but so's the Lena.

Travel Tips for Heraklion

Harbor and ancient Crete

by fassolia

DON'T stay here for more than a day ,because the rest of Crete is much more worth to see! You could use it as a starting point to see the ancient part of Crete if you are interested in it.Knossos,Faistos and Gortys are near by and worth a visit.

Subway

by kevin36

When you go into Heraklion town look fro the subway near to the square a surprise awaits you in the subway walkway.
An Art Exhibition,and a very good one too,well worth a look.
Hard to believe from the outside as it looks just like a normal subway.
And it is FREE

Agios Titos

by grayfo

The original church was built on the site around 962 A.D. but was destroyed by an earthquake in 1856. The church was rebuilt by the Turks as a mosque and later the Cretans converted it into a church.

Inside can be seen the Golden Skull of St Titos, this relic was taken by the Venetians when the city fell in 1669 and returned from Venice in 1966.

Theotokopoulou (El Greco) square

by Balam

Theotokopoulou (El Greco) square and Gardens (Iraklion) Near the top of 25th August St (Opposite the Loggia) is El Greco square and gardens where some nice looking cafe's spill out into the pedestrian area.
It is a very cosmapolitan area with many cafe's situated around the square making it a great place to sit and chat

Heraklion-Irakleio-Chandak-Candia-Megalo Kastro

by Skipka

My foot entered the territory of this city this september and I felt I must come back one day again. Inspite of the messy streets with tons of people what remains me something as my image of Bangkok I want to be there again. I have seen just some of the places and wish to have more time for all those places I couldn't see.

"Some basic info ..."

Heraklion is the capital of Crete with about 130 000 inhabitants but when there is a season all tourists make it bigger :) it is the fifth largest town in the all Greece. The city is marked by different influences of Venetians, Saracens and Greeks.

"Agios Titos"

To hear sparrows in the park with such a nice view >:) simply unforgettable ...

Comments