Limenas Chersonisou, Hersonissos, Crete, 70014, Greece

More about Heraklion

Koule, Heraklion, Crete, GreeceKoule, Heraklion, Crete, Greece

Vitsentzou Kornarou squareVitsentzou Kornarou square

Lion of St markLion of St mark

Across the causewayAcross the causeway

Internet cafe in Heraklion?

by AnnemarieC

Does anybody know of a centrally located internet cafe type place in Heraklion? I'm only going for 1 day and am desperately trying to find a way not to have to haul my laptop around with me.

Thanks,
Anne-Marie

Re: Internet cafe in Heraklion?

by hcosgrave

There is excellent internet connectivity all over Crete Island - I was amazed to find good broadband connectivity even in the remotest of places - for instance in the taverna nearest the beach in Falasarna.
In one "rent-rooms" in Plakias, when I asked if they had Wi-Fi the answer was "of course"!
I was not charged for usage anywhere - but I had a small notebook for this purpose.

Hugh

Travel Tips for Heraklion

Blue Skies and Warm Nights

by kevin36

Our fondest memories of our cruise on "OCEAN VILLAGE" are probably,dining on the open deck in the warm evening air and watching the sunsets every evening.
Seeing some of the sea life such as a Loggerhead turtle as we sailed out of Katakolon, giant jellyfish and Dolphins! what a treat! not forgetting the Pelicans at Mykonos

just walk around a mountain...

by dewaele.j

just walk around a mountain village is a very nice experience, we were offerd milke and grapes to taste and had a nice talk in English of cource. Only an English conversation is possible with the younger once.

Fast food

by Elena_blue about Goody's

Fast food to remain tuned with your life back home! Goody's is the greek reply to the Mac Donald's and it is very successful throughout Greece. You don't need my recommendations. You probably know what you like here and what not.

The Palace of Knossos

by Oana_bic

The largest and most spectacular of all the Minoan palatial centres. Established in 1700 B.C.:, it has four wings arranged around a rectangular, central court, oriented N-S, which is actually the nucleus of the whole complex.
The Palace is also connected with thrilling legends, such as the myth of the Labyrinth with the Minotaur, and the story of Daidalos and Icaros.

Nostalgia!

by Elena_blue

"Do you know what NOSTALGIA means in Greek?"

Nostos means the desire to return home
Algos means pain

Now, nostalgia means the pain we feel by the desire to return to the home place, when we are away...

In this VT page for Heraklion you will find my Heraklion.
The place I was born, the place my beloved family and friends live, the place I always return...

"Let's discover and rediscover it together!"

In August 2006, I came to Heraklion to stay for 10 days, visit my parents and have some rest. Well, Heraklion is the only place on earth, where I can really rest and recharge my batteries.
After all, there is nothing left to be discovered, everything is well known.

So in these 10 days of my stay, I had not really things to do, unless going everyday to the beach…. Ohhh No thanx, not for me! I was never a sunshine beach fan!

So what else to do? Hmmm, that's the idea!
I will take my camera, a note book and a pen and I will go out to collect information for my VT Heraklion page. And yes I did it! It was really fun to go around to places I knew, to take photos of everything and keep notes of the taxi fares and restaurants menus!

It was funny and I enjoyed it !
I hope you will enjoy it too!

Please follow me to Heraklion, my home!
Be my guest and travel to Heraklion with my Travelogues.
I offer you a city tour, and some special information on different things I love here!
And of course many many tips on everything!

Comments