Anissaras Hersonissos, Hersonissos, Crete, 70014, Greece
Tingo.com Travelocity Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Serita Beach Hotel

Best time I have ever had

I have just got back from staying in Serita Beach Hotel and I my two sons, ages 17 and 19, my partner and her two sons, aged 17 and 12 have had a great time. the hotel was clean and the rooms were lovely and were cleaned every day with fresh sheets and towels. The staff at the hotel could not do enough to help you, they are so friendly and see to your every need. The pool area is lovely, very clean with plenty of room to sun bathe, it also has enough sun loungers to go round. The food is excellent, plenty to choose from, even at the pool bar there is food if you are feeling hungry. I could go on and on about this place as it is good in every way. I do so recommend this place to anyone, you will have such a good time here.

Typical tourist place

by TripAdvisor Member FLIEGER67

I stayed two nights from 06.-08. April at the Serita Beach hotel, all inclusive = 46.--EURO´s per night.

From my point of view a typical tourist place. Be aware when your on the way by car, absolutely no sign on the main road, night falls during my search, asked three times and was send in different directions, finally after 1 hour I arrived at the location. Crying children, giggling teenies, the usual bunch of retired couples singing folk songs in the lobby, weird. Positive, a quiet location directly at the beach, ok by car but without a long way to walk to the city of Chersonnisos, food was ok, three times buffet with a wide variety of selections, friendly staff at the restaurant, not so at the front desk.

Tiles on all the floors, that means you hear all the steps beyond your door the whole time, but ok nothing from the rooms nearby. Built in 1993 my room was recently renovated and painted, bathroom small but with a new bathtub. It was ok for my stay, near Heraklion and not to expensive All in.

Isolated hotel, a mile from main road

by TripAdvisor Member Salsadoll

My husband and I stayed at the Serita Beach during the last week of the season. As we didnt have transport from the airport we could either get a taxi (28Euros) or take a local bus. As we never encountered any problems with local busses in Spain, we thougth we'd go for it.
We got a Bus (1.20 Euros) into Heraklion from the airport and we were dropped somewhere in town near the main bus depot. But unless you know where to go it s not easy to find. We finally got there in the end. Then we took a local bus to Anissaras (1.90 Euros). This bus dropped us off at the main road and we had to walk one mile downhill to the Serita Beach. There is a bus service which goes directly to the Serita Beach (2.60 Euros) from Heraklion, but I believe it only runs 4 times a day.

The Hotel itself was pleasant, not 5*, but 4*.The room was large and kept very clean. The balcony was furnished with nicely padded arm chairs and a little table. Unfortunately all the balconies were separated by just a 2' high wall, so one could easily step from one balcony to the next, so no privacy (see photo).

The food was nice but maybe not 4*, and although a bit samish, there were so many different main dishes that one could have something different every day. Vegetarians would find it a little harder, but still there were plenty of salads and pasta dishes for them, too. There was a great selection of deserts every day.
There seemed to be an invasion of fruit flies on the last day going for the fruit dishes, so what it's like in high summer I don't know.
You can also book (day before) the poolside restaurant which serves freshly baked pizzas and also has a smaller selection of what is available in the main restaurant.
Mind you , if you are a fast food addict hoping for burger and chips with ketchup every day, then you will struggle. But there is always Spagetti on the menu, which was very popular with the kids.

The pool areas were lovely and there is a really nice kids play area and kids club house just beside it. As it was the end of the season and there were only about 80 people in the hotel, deck chairs were plentiful, but I'm sure during high season there wont be enough and the entertainment room wont have enough seats for everybody either.

The evening entertainment was naff to say the least. I have never seen anything so bad in my life, even though the animation team tried their best. If a guy in a wig and a dress with 2 balloons up the front, standing in front of microphone miming to Shirley Bassey is your cup of tea, then you might like the entertainment. However that's where the free alcohol comes to the rescue.
There were no outside carbaret artists visiting, it was the same people all the time.

The general location of the hotel was remote to say the least, and there is absolutely nothing to do withing walking distance, no shops, a couple of bars (which were shut when we were there (October)) , that 's your lot.
To get to alternative bars you can catch a bus into Hersonnissos (approx 1Euro) and the bus stops right outside the hotel. or take a taxi (7 Euros).

If you are a beach bum, then the small beach just outside the hotel might dissappoint you, but walk along the very quiete beach road for 2 minutes and you come to some very nice beaches indeed.

If you want to visit Knossos and dont want to pay the inflated tour prices, get the bus fom outside the hotel at 9am ot 10 am into Heraklion main bus station (2.60 Euros) and from there a bus to Knossos (1.40 Euros return) which leaves very frequently.

On Saturdays there is a market in Heraklion, but you need to get a bus from the main bus station there. The market itself is large, but not very interesting, sells a lot of fruit, fish and the clothes are old fashioned with only a few more modern stalls. Incidentally you can get the more modern clothes offered at the market cheaper in England.

Overall we enjoyed our 1 week stay. It's a good place if you just want to relax by the pool, visit the beach, eat, and do nothing much else - which is just what we had in mind.

Best place I've been for ages

I stayed at Serita beach with my family (mum, dad, 2 younger brothers and a younger sister) for two weeks last year. When we arrived it was honestly like paradise; it was really beautiful and so different from what you'd normally expect from the price.

The rooms are quite basic but adequate considering we literally just slept in there and were straight back out again in the morning. The rooms are cleaned daily and the air conditioning, in my room at least, was efficient if a little noisy at times.

In the morning, there is the usual dash to the pool for sunbeds. There is no hotel policy as far as I know as to what time you can go and reserve sunbeds. However, there are two pools so plenty of space. Both pools are salt water which is a little disgusting at first but you get used to it. One thing I will say about the pools is that they are VERY slippery around the edges. There was a very serious accident while we were there, so please be very careful if you are planning to go - but don't let it put you off either.

All the staff in the resturant were very helpful and kept your drinks topped up all night. The food was delicious at all meal times; it was a little samey, but there was so much choice it didn't seem to matter. There were greek specialities as well as normal food, and chips and pizza for the kids. There were plenty of deserts and as soon as something disappeared it was immediately replaced; they were very efficient.

There is an additional pizza resturant which is more private but you have to book that at reception a few days in advance. They make pizzas to order and have salad and other things as well as deserts although it is a limited selection compared to the main resturant. It was my brother's 14th birthday whilst we were there and a birthday cake from the resturant was organised for him and everyone sang happy birthday.

A bad aspect of the holiday: The Animation Team! Sitting at the pool, they came round every five minutes asking us to sign up for different activities - particularly AQUA GYMNASTIQUE (water aerobics)! It was thoroughly annoying. The entertainment at night was - how can I put this nicely? Completely and utterly awful.

I don't know which night was worst - the dance routines, the shirley bassey impressions or the poorly thought out competitions! It was loud, obnoxious and insane!

The bar at night was completely crowded and although the bar staff worked very hard it still took a while to get drinks.

Anyway, this is just my review. You may have a completely different experience but I throughly enjoyed it and I would recommend it to all families and to couples who want a quiet break.

Crap 5 star hotel

Guys, if you are a couple then this place is no good. They have no facilities for shoppers besides 2 small cities and the food, well its awful. This hotel had the same menu for 7 days!!! If youre a veggi, crap choice - i lived on bread and the same soup. All the brit's said the same thing..... Please think twice before going to this hotel.

Poor 5 star hotel, more likely a 3 star. We went to a 5 star hotel were the service was excellent so i am fully aware of the difference.

worst holiday i have ever had

My wife and i stayed at this hotel for a week 4 april 2006

Firstly the hotel is well out of the way for anything they say on the beach ,which its not. but dont let that put you off, there aint a sand beach just pebles and large rocks --not safe at all. The hotel reception staff are rude and unhelpfull, the bar staff were great as were the rest of the satff.
I expected a five star, which i paid for this hotel is a 3 star and nothing more.
The food was plentyfull but not very inviting unless you like pasta every day and chips.
Beware if you go early season like we did there is not heating what so ever, so you freeze at night and i do mean freeze

My week was a total wast of money due to the location and lack of entertainment and very poor food and you guessed it no i wont be going back

OK, but lousy animation team

We were there in April 2006 : the hotel IS isolated, but the brochures inform you about that, so that was no surprise to us. However, if you choose for an isolated hotel in a quiet place, there shouldn't be an animation team that keeps you awake every night until after midnight with the same BORING show (an imitation of Shirley Bassey that 6-year olds do better) and bingo, bingo, bingo. We (and a lot of other guests) were not happy at all with what they had to offer (and the accompanying noise they made).
A tip : rent a car from the guy next to the reception desk and visit this beautiful island (go to Vai on the East Coast : it is breathtaking, although I hear it can be very crowdy in the high-season).
The food was OK, we were only there for a week : not long enough to get bored I suppose.
A plus : the personnel and the waiters were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was well kept and very clean. Rooms are cleaned every day and sheets changed every two days.
Apart from the animation team I must say it's value for money, considering we paid 450 € for a week all-inclusive (also the flight), we may not expect a 5*-hotel and restaurant.
We will certainly return to Crete, but to another place !

ignore all the awful reviews, this is the one you should read....

When I read all the bad reviews for this hotel, I couldn't have been more nervous.... I have just come back this morning and I have to say that I will never forget this holiday for all the good reasons. The food was absolutely beautiful, so many different choices. The deserts were so, so yummy! The staff (bar attenders, waiters, receptionists etc) couldn't have been more professional and nicer, was a pleasure to meet them. The animators were constantly doing different activities that anyone of any age could have a go at, water polo, darts, dancing etc. Rooms were great, air conditioning was an absolute god send! cleaners were spotless and it was handy having fresh towels every day. Over all I couldn't have had a nicer time. review from Emma aka Miss Wales lol

A great break

I read reviews on trip advisor before we went and was really worried by what I had read.
In contrast, my actual experience of this one week, all- inclusive break was absolutely brilliant.
The hotel was scrupulously clean, the staff friendly and helpful, the pools were fine (although it is very slippery around the pools), the food was exceptional for such large scale catering, with plenty of choice. My 12 year old daughter, who is very fussy, found something to her taste every day, and the rest of us, who are a bit adventurous in our tastes were equally satisfied. It might get a bit boring if you were there for 2 weeks though.
The rooms were large and the air conditioning a welcome addition.
The entertainment was a bit dated - the same routines were doing the rounds 20 years ago, but all the kids seemed to enjoy it nonetheless. The drinks were just as good as named brands and the wine was very acceptable.
A tip...if you want to go on a trip, consider organising this through the hotel itself, rather than your travel rep. The hotel prices are 50% cheaper for the same trip!
The beach is very small and shingle, but there are better beaches only 5 minutes walk along the front. The sea is quite rocky on that bit of coast, but you can swim in it, and it is the clearest sea water I have ever seen.
I would happily recommend this hotel.

Loved it

My wife and I have just returned from a fortnight at the Seritta Beach Hotel, with our two young children, and we all had a fantastic time, and would certainly return again.

The staff were all friendly, the food was good (I have yet to stay in a hotel where the food is excellent, and I have stayed and eaten in lots) - the buffet laid on for each meal time, allowed a large selection of choice - I could not comment on the vegetarian options though, as mentioned by someone else, as I am not vegetarian...

Drinks were free-flowing from 0930-0000, so I was rarely without some form of alcoholic beverage within my sticky mitts, nor were the kids short of orange or cola.

Lets try to get some perspective on this for those that are looking to go here:

Location:

Yes, the hotel is isolated - if you want the club scene/shopping. then this is probably not the place for you - if, like us, you wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of life, then this place is excellent.

Oh yes, and remember, you are ABROAD - the food, drink, culture, weather, and language are all different here - there are several people writing here, that I suspect were shocked to discover they could not get fish and chips, fry-ups and real ale on every corner - if you do want this, then try Skegness....

Food:

This is likely to be different to home - the weather and culture sees to that - try it, you may find you like some of it - it is pointless spending 3 and a half hours on the plane to live off food you could get at home on a daily basis.

Drink:

Yes, they only have locally produced drinks - that means you are not going to get Bells scotch, but a cheaper variant. Fine in cocktails!

Pool:

People have complained aboujt the pool surroundings being slippery - the floor is tiled, so, logic tells you it would be slippery - wear some footwear, and you are fine - not that difficult really, is it?

Entertainment:

We did not utulise the facilities that much, as with young kiddies, they needed to be in bed early, so we could have some rest - however, from those that I saw with older children, they found it great - the team work hard, 6 days a week, providing some great entertainment day and night.

If you have booked, or are looking to book a hoiday here, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!

Heraklion street marketHeraklion street market

Koules Venetian FortressKoules Venetian Fortress

As Green As It Gets!As Green As It Gets!

HarbourHarbour