Scheria Beach Hotel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 5 reviews

Tags

Water Sports Sailing and Boating Food and Dining

Excellent location, poor service and rude staff

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 19, 2012

I stayed at Scheria beach hotel from 5-15 August 2012.
When I booked the hotel through the Serbian tourist agency I did not expect any luxury (hence the 2 stars), but I also in my wildest dreams did not expect the staff to be so rude.
First, let me list the positive sides: the location of the hotel is excellent, on the very beach and has a nice restaurant overlooking the beach. It is also within a walking distance from the center of Dassia.The rooms are smaller but clean, and all of them have a balcony, which is always a plus for me. The cleaning lady comes every second day to clean and change the linen, also a plus.
Now for the negative sides. Breakfast which is very poor (for 2 people you get two slices of cheese, two slices of ham, 4 small bagles, 2 small butters, 2 small jams, 2 eggs, 2 slices of some sweet bread and a pot of hot water to make your own coffee with provided small coffee bag, sugar and milk for coffee, and you cannot get more! If you are a man, this breakfast is certainly highly insufficient. Let me also note that the breakfast is the same every day. There is not even a coffee machine, and a bufe is an abstract noun!) is served from 8.30 to 10.30, but as the lady owner of the hotel informed me, she only serves breakfast for the whole room and it is not possible to serve it separately, because and I quote: "I am very busy and I have no time to come back 10 times for each room." Shocked by this statement, I tried to explain that my friend prefers to sleep in and come to breakfast later while I prefer to have it at 8.30, but the lady told me that it was my problem! She also told me that she will serve the whole breakfast to whomever is there and if I want, I can take the breakfast to my friend up to our room!
Also, other guests of the hotel had problems as well with rude and unhelpfull staff. One girl had a problem in the bathroom and asked the hotel owner (husband of the mentioned old lady) to help her. His answer was: "Can you not see that I am drinking coffee now, I am not available 24 hours a day!" This happened at 5 p.m.!
A boyfriend and girlfriend from our group had a different problem. They were always putting their room key on the reception when they were leaving the hotel, as the guests are asked to do, although there is never anyone there and you have to put the key yourself. When they returned at 00.30 on their last night in the hotel, they discovered that the key was not at the reception. Since noone was again there, they found a hotel employee and told him that their key was missing. He got angry with them for bothering him and after seeing for himself that the key was indeed not there, he bluntly told them: "Why are you lying to me, why don't you just tell me that you lost the key?" He then told them that he will open the door to their room but he cannot give them the spare key and that they will not have any electricity (the key is also a key card and you put it in the slot near the door to have electricity)! Finally, their key was found locked in another room, and this employee just told them, you must have put it somewhere and forgot!
Also, please note that if you are traveling with small children or just want a peaceful holiday, a night club just below the hotel plays extremely loud music until 5 a.m. every night!
All in all, a very bad review, and I certainly do not recommend this hotel. There are several 2* hotels around which are affordable which much better service, as we were informed by some other Serbian people who stayed there. If you want to fully enjoy your holiday, you will avoid Scheria beach hotel at Dassia, Corfu.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique, basic rooms with a balcony, no pool. Some of the balconies have a view of the sea.

Corfu Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Corfu Island, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Corfu Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Corfu Island hotel reviews