2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 56% less but rated 25% lower than other 2.5 star hotels

• WiolaS's Profile Photo

holiday from hell, dont go there!

all inclusive option...

Horrible hotel, staff and food. My worst holidays ever. Every day the same food, dirty rooms which dont meet standards! Had to pay 50 euro for air conditioning in the room;/ And you cant complain cause staff is rude and dont listen to you. Also no alcoholic drinks provided. Waste of time and money. Will never go back there again and please dont go there cause you gonna come back dissapointed!

More about Telemachos Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member eaglet2000

Before leaving to Corfu I read a number of reviews about the hotel that I was going to spend my holidays at. I must say that I was expecting a horrible stay at the Telemachos hotel by the reviews submitted in this web site. Well, I spent seven days at this hotel and can say that it was defintely great. The hotel is divided in two sections, the mainpart (in need of renovation) and the new building (modern and clean). It all depends on which part of the hotel one is staying. I would recommend to make it a point to stay in the new part of the hotel. The pool-side is big, clean and there are plenty of sunbeds, tables and chairs contrary to what was stated in the reviews. During my stay in Corfu I rented a car from "Fair Deal" at Dassia and the service was also great. There is plenty to see in Corfu. The following places are a must: Pantokrator, Strinilas, Ipsos, Kassiopi, Benitses, and Messongi.

Telemachos is Greek for awful, rude and smelly!

by TripAdvisor Member saffie440

From the moment we arrived at the hotel (at 4.30 in the morning) we were greeted with rudeness and indifference by the staff. We had paid for B&B and as we didn't want to pay extra for air conditioning we were put in the old building. We stayed in room 101 - and like the novel, it was a room full of all your worst holiday fears!

Our room was opposite the reception and was awful. The coach turning circle was on the other side of our bedroom wall, consequently we were woken up when every coach turned up throughout the night, and they never turned their engines off so we would have to listen to them the whole time they were parked. It also meant that we were woken up by the dustbin van when it was emptied at 5am...every day!

On top of this the so-called evening entertainment was so loud that it could be heard word for word in our room - even with the patio door shut! "Why not go watch the entertainment? " I hear you say...well it made the caberet acts from the Phoneix Nights look like Broadway stars! The acts would leave and the disco would then go on til 1.30, mix that with the coaches that arrived throughout the night and it meant you wouldn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. You were then woken up by everyone hanging around by reception on the way to "breakfast". Soundproofing is not a strong point in the old building.

In addition to this our balcony looked out onto a sharply declining hill, unfortunatley it seemed that everyone felt they could use the slope as a dumping ground. The hotel didn't see the point is cleaning it up either. The hotel smelt of sewage most of the day - the only time it didn't was in the day when everyone is out on day trips! When I complained to our tour rep about this (our drains in the bathroom had a very nasty aroma) she said it was Greece and thats how it smelt! This isn't the case, this is the 4th Greek island I've visited and none of them smelt like this!

The bathroom had a lot to be desired as well...if you do stay in the old building, I would recommend using the shared showers on the ground floor of the new building - they are much better, and I wasn't the only one who thought this too!

Basically I wouldn't go to this resort unless you like loud pumping music on the whole time you sunbathe round the small pool. If you do feel the need to holiday here stay in the 4 star rooms as they are soundproof, air conditioned, cleaned everyday, have new sheets each day and doesn't smell. I would also suggest that you book on a room only basis as the food is limited and nasty!

The resort of Dassia is lovely, the beach is good - but I would say book at the Hotel Chandris instead...it looked much nicer!

Telemachos is okay.You get what you pay for!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kerkyra06

I booked this hotel, half board basis, as it appeared to be good value for money. Then I read the reviews! I was terrified. I was going alone with my two young daughters.
I can honestly say it was not as bad as some of the reviews. You have to remember that you get what you pay for. If you want absolute luxury then go to a five star hotel and stop complaining.
It was safe, clean and yes, basic. At the end of the day your not going to live there!! You want good weather, somewhere claen to sleep wash and go out. And this hotel offers it all. The food was basic, but it was CHEAP!!!! The entertainment that was laid on every night was really quite funny. None will be auditioning for Pop Idol! The hotel staff were polite and always very pleasant to me and my children.Must admit thought the owners wife needs to chill a bit. She does love the Germans, as she is one herself. however everything was very pleasant and we loved our stay there. So much so that we are going again next year. The hotel is located centrally and the beach is across the road. I must admit though the pool was a bit small for the amount of guest staying in the hotel and the pool tables umbrellas and sun beds could do with changing. that lets it down a bit. The bar has all you want and the evening barman is lovley. People on half board complained about their bar closing at 9.30. Well drinkers would. Anyway they have to make their money somehow, by guest having to use the main bar. A word of advice is request the new building its new!! REMEMBER its not the Hilton, if you want that service then go there!!!!!!!!!

Glad to be home !!!!

by TripAdvisor Member micko1962

I have just returned with a group of 14 from the Telemachos Hotel.

The whole holiday started with a disaster, after booking our holiday last October through Olympic Holidays one would assume everthing would be OK..................WRONG, the wonderful.....sorry not so wonderful staff there double booked 2 of our rooms the day before...how considerate of them !!!!
The excuse given for this by the Olympic rep was "well these things happen", i can only assume its at this hotel only !!!
We were forced in the end to move four of our group to a hotel the other end of town for 2 nights, for which we foolishly accepted to free BBQ nights for the entire group as compensation.

The accommodation is nothing short of horrific, all bar 2 of us were in the old shacks (not shown in Olympic brochure), in my room at least we only had clean sheets once in the two weeks and that was only because we asked, and the towels were taken on the third day and never replaced, totally unacceptable.

At least two rooms in our group had ant infestations, as well as a strong sewage smell at certain times of the day in all rooms....apparently common in Greece, but i certainly never noticed in previous holidays. Most had no air-con, and with no option to move to a room with it.

The food, well what can i say other than it was awful, unbelievably bad !!!! hence we only used our free BBQ on one occasion. The waiting staff couldnt wait to get you out there, restaurant just not big enough to hold all the guests.

We tended to have breakfast in Mama Taka's at the bottom of the hill, and dinner at Shakes bar (superb place), then burn the calories off with the walk back to the hotel, described as "slightly elevated" but in reality was more like walking up the side of a mountain !!!!

Entertainment......................hillarious, and this is without a comedy night, on one night we had a guy playing the piano who spoke very little English and tried with all his might to sing Rock and Roll........what a disaster.

So with the exception of the two guys ruuning the pool bar all day everyday between them the rest of the staff were a complete waste of space as well as incredibly rude, many guests said the same thing as well.

Overall all of our group agreed that this is one place that we will never return to, in fact if given a free holiday there i would be only to glad to say NO THANK YOU !!!!!

My advice to anyone thinking of holidaying at the Telemachos hotel is.........................DON'T.

Not THat bad

by TripAdvisor Member Monique.M

Well before going to the hotel i was browsing the net to see reviews on it, i tought it was going to be a terrible hotel, biut as i was there it was much better than i had expected to see. The stuff there is not that friendly mostly the owners are rude and unpolite with clients . I had a half board basis, i dont regret it! For breakfast you can find toast, cereals, baked beans, sausages, bacon and eggs and peaches and sometimes some cake on for dinner it wouldnt be the same for all the days, you have a variety of foods and always had dessert .The room we had was nice but as being 3 persons we were occupied because it was a twin size bedroom which they had filled with another bed.I would suggest that if oud like a hotel with relaxing views and to make a nice holiday which were you can relax you wouldnt go to telemachos, Telemachos hotel is a ghood hotel for young people whoich want the hotel just to eat and sleep and ant to go out during the day. In the rooms youve got nothing to do, there wil not be neither a fridge nor a television.Every night there will be entertainment, not that nice but one could spend dome time there and during the day you can swim in the pool, play billiard or table tennis if staying in the hotel.If your going there just dont be rude with the staff and try to have fun as much as you can. The best thing is to rent a car and go round corfu all the holiday, it got so many fantastic views altough not many places to entertain you.

pleasant enough.

by TripAdvisor Member marinersd

We (my husband,myself and 9 yr oldson) have just returned from a trip to the Telemachos Hotel. We stayed on a B&B basis in the new part of the hotel. We were quite wary after reading some of the reviews but overall had no problems. Our room for the 3 of us was large enough and cleaned every day, we had a bath with a shower attachment and a balcony overlooking the pool where the nightly entertainment is performed. Once the doors to the balcony where closed we heard very little noise. The pool is cleaned nightly at 1900hrs. There were people complaining to each other and the management but this seemed to be by people who were all inclusive as the bar shut at 21.30hours and then they had to pay for their drinks. We only ate breakfast at the hotel and there is a selection of cold meat, cheese, salad and cooked food. Not particularly fantastic, but ok to get you set up, remember this is only a 2 flame hotel. I personally found the manager and his wife pleasant enough and informative about bus times etc. Get the number 7 bus into Gouvia (the bus conductor will let you know when to get off) it costs 70 cents. Or the number 7 will take you straight into Corfu town fir 1 euro, they are on the hour and half hour. I would recommmend going to the 2001 Jetty on Dassia beach to book the boat trip with bbq, cheaper than the rep and fully insured, adults 20 euros children 10 euros, our son loved it as did we and he even drove the boat, the captain is great, we also did the corfu at night boat trip from the same place. The name of the boat is the Asteras. Go to Mama Takas for a meal looks nothing from the outside but food is good and cheap, it is at the bottom of the hill, turn left and walk for 1 mionute and it is on the opposite side of the road just up from valentinos, the place always seems empty but George and his sons Spiros and Yanni will make you welcome. Ask for the meatballs they are not on the menu but George will make them. All in all we had a good holiday, the weather was in the late 80's and we had no probs with the hotel or the staff, the air conditioning cost 95 euros for 2 weeks and i have to say it was not very effective, hire a fan instead, i think that is 30 euros for 2 weeks. Hope this helps, have a good time and remember a holiday is what you make it.

teleterrible!!!

by TripAdvisor Member maltija

If I were you, I would stay away from this hotel! I just returned from Corfu today, let me tell you the problems encountered. I had already read the reviews on this hotel, and thought that people exaggerated but much was true,to my disappointment. I told my travel agent about the bad reviews I read, and insisted that we stay in the new building of the hotel. They told me not to worry as they had a contract saying that all Maltese people stay in the new building. But to our dismay, we were put in the old part of the hotel, which is a total mess! There was a cheesy stink in the corridor, the room was very small, the water comes up from the drain in the floor when you wash your hands, mosquitos come out of the out of order extractor.....We told the owner of the hotel that this was unfair since we had paid full board all inclusive. The rude answer was, go to another hotel! I called our agency in Malta, and to cut it short we were given another room on our 4th day. But not in the new building, on the 3rd floor of the old part. The room was much better, but there was hardly ever any hot water, and water from the shower came out in drops! twice i had to dry myself with soap still on:( The towels are only changed 3times a week. And the food is so salty and oily! The soup is uneatable, and reheated chips is always on the menu. They also recycle food, we noticed that they reuse the left overs from lunch and breakfast again in the dinner, or worse they add something to it and represent it the day after. My husband sufferred from diahorrea and was bad. The only day food was good was on the bbq night. Also, a thing which I didnt like was that we had to wear a stupid plastic bracelet all the time for all the week to make us recognisable that we had the all inclusive. You cannot take it off, it looks like a hospital bracelet, if you remove it you cant take any food or drinks. Can't they give out membership cards with a photo? Also, our agency had told us that we were entitled to a packed lunch when we had full day excursions, since we lost lunch on such days, which was paid for. When I asked the hotel owner, he looked at me scornly and told me that this was impossible. All the other people in our group staying at other hotels had packed lunch, and they had paid less than us! Only good points were entertainment and the pool, plus the fact that you can have drinks and snacks during the day by the pool if you are all inclusive, but there's not much choice anyway. Another point, the waiters are very nice, poor guys, they work 24hrs! But the system is lame cos the whole resort runs with only 3waiters! In my opinion this is abuse cos they're only 17year olds. My advice, stay away from telemachos, find another hotel and make a thorough search beforehand!

two star as in S * * T

by TripAdvisor Member sazzle82

Disgusting Hotel.... Book elsewhere!!!

We stayed there for a week, a week too long. Our room was room 101, right across from reception so all the coaches and dustmen would wake us up all throught the night. We couldnt sleep until the 'entertainment' had finished around one.

The room.... Tiny, filthy, smelly, yuk it was so gross to describe. The towels are changed every four days ( I kid you not) and the linen too ( I accidentally spilt orange on mine and I still was not allowed a fresh one!!)

The staff..... RUDE RUDE RUDE, they are the rudest staff going. We walked back to our room with a bottle of ouza to take home the manager very rudely said we couldnt take it in incase we drank it (food or drink not bought at the TELE-CRAPPOS can be consumed on property) I have a million other examples but you get my drift

Entertainment.... RUBBISH!!! I do suggest watching the German couple it is hilarious (not sure its supposed to be) their renditions of B-I-S-C-O and Flames of Huff were sooooo funny!! The one or two claps at the end of eac song was just embarrassing!! There is no atmosphere at all with any of the entertainment so there were only about twenty people there and many left after 9.30 when their AI drinks finished

Food.... Not much to say really, we had bed and breakfast, the fisrt morning we queued for half an hour for a manky bit of toast, the waiters are rude so we didnt eat there after then... breakfast is strictly between 8-9.30 daily (on holiday!?!?!?!)

As many people have said the new building is better however you will only be able to stay there if you pay the 50 euros for the air con... otherwise they will move you as soon as an old room is free

All in all, dont stay here it is fawlty towers in Greece just an awful hotel absolutely filthy!!!!

Stay at the beach as much as you can it was really nice.

by TripAdvisor Member Reba27

Okay me and my friend hadn't been on holiday without parents before so it was all new experiences. The first thing i will mention is the very steep hill to reach the hotel not great when you are going out all the time up and down like a yoyo. The Staff were very friendly when we arrived which was very early morning. We were very disappointed with our room when we got there as it was very much like a box room. Anyway we decided we'd rather spend our money on activates than pay €50 for air conditioning in the new building.(Plus thats only really for full board guests). And good job we didn't pay as it was really cold at night.
Later that morning we went for breakfast am all i had was tined peaches cos the food was not great at all. After out Holiday Rep talked about the activities around the island and some History, so knew alot about Corfu and the best places to go. Okay be careful to what activites you do u through the reps, i think on they coned us out of quite a bit of money. So may be best to hire out a motor bike and find it yourself. From this hotel it's only 10mins by coach. But the good side is the waterpark was fab! there was loads to do and we had a great time. best to not stay there too long cos eventually you do get board. (don't buy any pictures from the water slide, they don't come out that good). Now the other activity we did was the Beach trip/ BBQ, that was the worst day out of them all. Not only did it rain it was not worth the money at all. We saw 2 crappy islands and the one we ended up on, we had to leave cos the rocks were falling on people, and the BBQ was horrible not one tourist enjoyed there food.
The entertainment in the hotel was a bit rubbish mostly the same every night. Plus it went on till 1am in the morning which was not great. The pool area was really nice, with the pool bar too, which stayed open till 1pm. We met some really nice people I the hotel so that made our stay a lot nicer. Make friends as soon as you arrive; it’s nice to see familiar faces throw the duration of your holiday. The Staff were a little strange, but nice.
Oh didn’t like the cleaning much and they changed your towel ever 3 days, so you may want to take extra towels.
Overall this is an ok Hotel if you’re just looking for bed, if your one for luxury then this isn’t for you.

Basic at Best

by TripAdvisor Member Peter_Griffen

Having read previous reviews about this hotel, we somewhat naively dismissed them. The previous comments made concerning the tiny bathrooms, having to rent a fan to compensate for no air conditioning in the old part etc seem now to be true.

We arrived at the hotel and were expecting the upper floor room we booked. However, we were given a ground floor room! We were eventually moved but be careful when you book that the type of room asked for is what you are given on arrival. Secondly there are differences between the new and old parts of the hotel. The new block of rooms contains air conditioning (in 32 degree temps. this is essential), bath and is generally in a better condition. The old set of rooms lacks all these, containing no air conditioning and a VERY basic bathroom containing a tiny shower that has little or no water pressure. The bathroom in the old rooms is tiny; a fully-grown man will struggle to have a comfortable shower. The message therefore, make sure if you stay there that you specify the new rooms, we ended up paying to rent a fan for 2 weeks, which was around 30 euros and was not included in the price.

The hotel offers bed and breakfast and full inclusive options. In my opinion the fully inclusive option is somewhat misleading. Ok, you get breakfast, lunch and dinner but the promise of free drinks 10am till 10pm is misleading. The bar is open at intermittent times during the day and only opens in he evening at 8pm, serving free drinks to fully inclusive customers until 9.30pm. We decided to go bed and breakfast and in retrospect this was the right idea. It seemed a much better option to dine in Dassia itself, which is only a 2 min walk from the hotel and is overpopulated with bars and restaurants, selling food and drinks quite cheaply.

On a more positive note, the staff are very friendly and seem willing to help. The pool area is nice (when the weather holds) and has a pool table, bar and ample sun lounging areas. Drinks are reasonably priced at around 2 euros for a small beer.

For a 2 star hotel though it is my opinion that it was ok. It was relatively inexpensive and the rooms were comfortable, if a little basic. The staff in all areas were friendly and the entertainment provided in the bar at night was quite lively, if a little clichéd.

All in all, we enjoyed staying there. There were little irritations but for what we paid we were satisfied.

Reading Society of CorfuReading Society of Corfu

palace of Saints Michaels & Georgepalace of Saints Michaels & George

karidopita with yogurt and strawberries!karidopita with yogurt and strawberries!

BEAUTIFUL VIEWSBEAUTIFUL VIEWS