The Pink Palace

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking Beaches
See Amenities
sara012's Profile Photo

The best place to stay!!!

by written on February 12, 2014

The Pink Palace is the place where the magic happens. My boyfriend and I spent 3 weeks there in July last year and we have booked another 2 weeks for July this year.
The room was clean with a wonderfully cool air conditioner and the dinner was to die for! Every day we enjoyed a new Greek dish.
Every day there is at least one organized activity, sometimes a quad safari, sometimes a booze cruise, sometimes beach volleyball, sometimes kayaking. During our 3 weeks we took part in every kind of event organized by the Pink Palace and we had an absolute blast. Several days we rented quads to explore the rest of the island as there was so much to see. The location is fantastic and the views from our balcony were incredible.
Overall, it was the best holiday we have ever had. We would highly recommend the Pink Palace to anyone!

Corfu's Best Accommodation

by written on March 1, 2011

I had such a great time in Corfu that I extended my stay 2 more months. When I first got to the Pink Palace in February it was very relaxing and I enjoyed spending time with the staff. Once the season started to pick up I started to meet a lot more travelers, and I had loads of fun with them taking advantage of all the activities offered at the Pink Palace. All of the staff was very nice, and they really knew how to encourage a good time.

Unique Quality: It is only about 25 euros a night including free pickup, meals, room, private bathroom and shower, and a lively night club. All sorts of activities: quad safaris, booze cruises, kayaks, other ways to explore the island, toga parties, and extended happy hours. It also has a 24hour reception and bar.

Directions: About a 15 minute drive to Corfu Town right on the beach!
You won't miss The Pink Palace, for it truly is a Pink Palace.

Nice and Pink!

by written on July 5, 2010

Wonderful stay! Booked this B&B over the internet due to previous reviews. Must say the reviews were spot on. Airport transfers were right on time. Breakfasts & dinners were delicious; hosts were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. . Would highly recommend this B&B. Will certainly book with them again on my next visit to Corfu

Top Choice for Value, Location, & Fun

by written on August 2, 2009

The Pink Palace really catered to our needs as a family. From the start, the staff were friendly and helpful. Our rooms were quite nice - clean, air conditioned and comfortable. The food was excellent and there was lots of it, breakfast and dinner included in the hotel rate. There was lots to do during the day as well - we went kayaking and snorkelling, quad biking into Corfu Town and around the island, played paddle ball and volleyball, floated around the beach...there was really something for everyone offered right there at the resort for a really erasonable price. We'd definitely come back for more Pink!

Unique Quality: fabulous views
lots of daily excursions
great food
top value

Directions: near Sinarades, outside Corfu Town

A Pink Paradise

by written on July 26, 2009

In June, my husband and I stayed at the Pink Palace on Corfu.
We found the staff to be superb: from the free transportation to and from the hotel, to the speedy check-in, to the friendly and helpful demeanour of the staff for the duration of our trip.
Although we were among the oldest guests, we really had a great time meeting other travellers of all ages - a young family staying right next door, backpackers on the beach, and other couples at dinner.
Our room was great! We had a spectacular view of the sea below; it was clean, quiet, and very comfortable with air conditioning.
The food was also well above par: home-cooked Greek fare served every night and a hot breakfast every morning. Drinks were available anytime at a great price - for a cocktail on the beach or wine with dinner.

Unique Quality: A few perks of the Pink Palace were the activity options during the day. We went quad biking around the hilly roads of the island, kayaking and snorkelling around the shoreline, relaxing at the beach or in the giant jacuzzi. There was also volleyball, basketball, and beach water sports equipment for rental. All the activities were offered at a good deal - lunch was always included on any all-day excursion. And definitely the best views on Corfu!

Directions: Near Sinarades

bluegoat's Profile Photo

Pink Palace in Low Season

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 21, 2007

Pink Palace is a fair amount nicer than Sun Rock. I shared a dorm room with two others for 25 euro - each person paid this amount. The price included breakfast - eggs and standard other cold fare - and a fairly nice dinner. Check out is a 9am.

There is a large TV in the upper bar area and the reception has a large selection of dvds for you to view. Grease - the movie - always ends up being played.

In high season the playdium is open and has a large dance floor, foosball table, pool table, etc. In low season they close the playdium and there is a ping pong table and the small bar area near the reception area is open. Although they do have much larger and cheaper dorm rooms they close them in the low season ,and the cheapest accommodation will be 25 euro.

Transportation to/from

In high season they send buses to pick you up from the airport or port. In low season if you have enough people they will send a bus to get you. If they don't send a bus sometimes they will reimburse you for 10 euro worth of the taxi fare, if you are on your own you are stuck with the fare. I paid 25 euro to get there from the airport and the price was 30 euro to get to the port. At minimum they will give you a ride into the town uphill from the hostel where you can catch a bus to the port for ~3 euro.

Activities

The activities that are run in summer are sometimes run in low season depending on interest. Reports from people staying while I was there indicated that they kept saying they were going to run the booze cruise but failed to provide for numerous days on end. There is a small pool down near the ocean which heats up if you turn on the jets. They have a large ATV rental section and run ATV safaris. There are also ocean kayaks for rent. The beach is nice and has a good stretch of sand.

Around Pink Palace

The little village that is on the beach is entirely closed during low season. The village that is a 45 minute walk uphill does have things open.

Directions: Close to the village of Sinarades

RawdgerDodger's Profile Photo

Youth Heaven at its Best for Practically Nothing!

by written on September 9, 2006

Our stay was excellent! And unfortunately way too short. I could book a month here. The second we got there, actually while we were filling out our lodging cards, we were given a shot of pink Ouzo. After we checked in, we wandered over to our place. We paid 25 Euro a piece for a private room for four of us. We even got our own private bathroom. Our room had air conditioning which was nice after that hot day at the beach. We were served free breakfast and a free dinner! Yes you heard me right. And it was good! It was amazing that the free breakfast wasn't just a tiny piece of toast with jelly like other hostels in Europe. This hostel spoiled you. Thier meal was a full course breakfast with scrambled eggs, toast, and coffee. Or at least that is what I chose from the list of things one could order at the grill. The dinner was even better. It consisted of a greek salad, soup, bread, and a leg of chicken. I was quite full afterwards and best of all it was free! Or included with the 25 Euro for the night. Awesome! Just plain awesome! This is a hostel that gets it!

Unique Quality: The Pink Palace is located right on the beach. Beach front property cannot be beaten. There is also a vollyball court and a huge dance club on the premesis called The Palladium. There is a joke here that one cannot stay only one night at the Pink Palace. And it is true, I never wanted to leave and I was quite saddened to do so.

Directions: Either go to Agordios Beach and look around, the Pink Palace cannot be missed! It is all in Pink and its huge. Or just take the Pink Palace Bus from the dock. For free!

Europe's Best Hostel: THE PINK PALACE

by written on March 8, 2005

Absolutely wonderful place. The Pink Palace is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. It has a way on keeping you around, just because it is so comfortable and the staff are so helpfull and friendly , they make you feel at home. They cover all travellers needs. It's my favorite place in Europe. Magda met us at the port and drove us for free to the hotel. They also drive you back when you leave.

The Rooms are great and clean, the food is just amazing and the views to the beach and ocean are fantastic.

I found it to be a great place to relax and have fun and will definately be returning in the near future.

Unique Quality: 1)They Pick you up when you arrive
2)For just 19 Euros you get private room, Breakfast and e course dinner included.
3)Beach Front location
4) Very cheap prices for all their outdoors activities
5) 24 Hours Hot showers/ Bar/ Reception
6) Boat trips, snorkelling, diving, kayaking
7) Great beach, fantastic scenery.
8)Very friendly and helpfull staff
9) They catter for all backpackers needs.
10) Is where i had most fun and decited to stay for 17 days.

Directions: The pick you up when you arrive. Tel: 0030 26610 53103 to let them know you are coming,or just take the local Green bus to Sinarades or a taxi and ask for the Pink Palace Hotel

pocopato's Profile Photo

A trip back to summer camp...

by written on April 5, 2003

Like I explained in my intro to Corfu, my feelings about the Pink Palace are kind of mixed. For like 28€, you get a gorgeous room (one of the nicest I stayed in in Europe), breakfast and lunch each day. Very cool. The downside is summer camp atmosphere. Everything is on a kind of schedule and at times it just feels really juvenile. Just when I was starting to feel trapped though, we decided to rent a car and it was something I suggest everyone do! There is a whole lot of island outside of the Pink Palace that is absolutely beautiful!! The Palace is nice and convienient but try not to make it all you see of Corfu!

isolanthui's Profile Photo

The Pink palace

by written on September 19, 2002

The Pink palace
$20 per person includes:
Private double or triple rooms or quads with private bathroom and balcony, full English breakfast and a buffet dinner with homemade traditional Greek cuisine with 3 courses of your choice. (also vegetarian meals)

Directions: Agios Gordios beach, Sinarades

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Corfu Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Corfu Island, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Corfu Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Corfu Island hotel reviews