PO Box 374, Gouvia, 49100, Greece
AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel

louis corcyra beach hotel

by vicky_cannae about louis corcyra beach hotel

very quiet, but in the middle of the nightlife of Gouvia and only 7km from the airport and Corfu Town.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Crazyfool

My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Corfu, we stayed for a week and loved it. The hotel was very clean and all the staff were very friendly. We had lovely weather all week apart from Friday which was a bit miserable but we didn't mind as we were going home. The food was very good except for the chips, we have gone off chips now!! I had read other reviews before we went away and alot of them said to do the BBQ Boat Trip, unfortunatly we weren't able to go on the trip has the season had ended and they weren't to sure of what the weather was like. We would definatly go to Corfu again and hopefully we can go on the BBQ trip and other trips. I would recommend going to the Louis Corcyra to everyone. FANTASTIC

NEVER AGAIN !!!

by TripAdvisor Member ELAAYR

We are just back from a week in Corfu staying at the Corcyra beach Hotel. This hotel is never a 4 star hotel, I don't think our room seen a duster or a mop for quite a long time. The Hotel is far from being clean. The food is not great either cold and boring is all that I can say and not much to offer the kids. We were All Inclusive but I can Honestly say that they are not geared up for this as most of their guests are B/B or Half board. One of the worst Hotels I have ever stayed in.

Great Stay After a Bad Start

by TripAdvisor Member SPIH

I can't understand what some people are complaining about. My wife and I spent an enoyable week at the Louis Corcyra between 15-22 Sep 06. On arrival we were allocated a room in a converted farmhouse, which I could only discribe as very 'rustic' and clearly for self catering families; we had booked a bungalow with garden view on a half-board basis. I complained and after some 'negotiation' was informed that there had been a mix up and as there was no bungalows available; we were immediately upgraded to a superior accomodation with sea view. Apart fom the initial hiccup, we had a very comfortable stay. The approach to the hotel could do with some improvement, as the drive and parking areas are somewhat shabby. However once inside, the main building is spacious and inviting. The lobby area leads out to 2 bars and the main restaurant, before further opening out onto a large terraced area with plentiful seating. The terrace over-looks Gouvia Bay and the Lagoon, whilst in the distance you can see a bit of mainland Greece and the Albanian coastline. From the terrace access is gained to all bungalows and other outer accomodation areas, all set in gardens, surrounded by olive trees etc. We found the hotel staff to be courteous, helpful and attentive, whilst the food was of high quality and plentiful always. The nightly entertainment was varied and entertaining and far enough away from accomodation areas not to cause a disturbance. Gouvia is just a short stroll away and offers a lively assortment of tavernas, shops etc. There is no shortage of free sun loungers, which abound in the hotel grounds and two swimming pool areas. We preferred the lagoon pool to the deeper but busier beach-side pool. Overall, an enjoyable and relaxing stay in a good quality hotel centrally set in pleasant surroundings. We would happily go back again to this hotel which is worth of its 4 * grading.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Alex_and_family

We stayed in the Corcyra Beach hotel at the end of August 2006, with our 10 months old son. The location of the hotel is fantastic, in the bay of Gouvia, you'll find everything at walking distance: shops, bars, restaurants, mini-markets... The marina of Gouvia is also very close to the hotel and nice to visit.

Going to Corfu is very easy by the bus (20 minutes drive for 1 euro/person). Bus stop at 5 minutes from the hotel.

The hotel itself is very nice but be careful: the main bulding is old and definitely not a 4 stars class. Initially we were in a room in the main building (room 6XX). We asked the receptionists for an other room and they said that was not possible. Finally we asked our travel agent representative to do something for us and she managed to get a bungalow for us. The bungalows are small houses with 2 or 3 rooms. They are new and of better quality (3+ stars), with sea view. However, the wall are very thin: you'll hear your neighbours if they are noisy.

Waiters are not particularly friendly at first but with time you'll find them helpful. A soft drink at the swimming pool bar will cost you around 2 euros. You'll find all kind of activities in the hotel itself, including boat rentals and many water sports.

The food is average and definitely 'British style', with all sorts of jelly things for the desert (we are french). Our advise: don't go for a all inclusive formula, it's worthless unless if you're planning to drink soda all day long. You'd better rent a car (we recommend renting at 'Trust co', close to the hotel, 42 euro/day for a Citroen C3 almost new, the keepers are english and very friendly) to visit the isle, 2 persons can have a lunch for around 30 euros almost everywhere, not to mention the greek pita around 1.5 euro (excellent pita at the restaurant at the corner near the hotel).

Only one computer with Internet access for the customers (5 euros/40 minutes). The hotel is not particularly suitable for disabled people, specially with rolling chairs.

In summary: a very good choice, don't expect too much from the buffet and ask for a room in a bungalow. We had a great stay at the Corcyra beach hotel, Corfu is wonderful.

we had a lovely family holiday

by TripAdvisor Member jazper

We returned from the hotel this week - we had a great holiday.
I have 3 kids of varing ages (3,6 & 12), which can be difficult to accomodate & entertain; they too had a great time.
We have stayed in Louis hotels before, as with the others the choice of food isn't huge but of a good quality & there is something for everyone. The chocolate / ice-cream waffles by the pool bar at 5pm are addictive. Again, the pizza's at the pool bar at lunchtime are freshly cooked & lovely.
The private beach was nearly always empty, which suited us - more room for huge sandcastles. If you are not AI I understand you have to pay for the beds.
The main hotel pool is what you would expect, quite deep though.
The lagoon is fantastic, huge expanse of water, with loads of sun beds & if you are AI they put on lunch there too.
Again having 5 people to accomodate, we are usually very squashed. We stayed in a family studio, which was huge, clean, beds were comfortable & there was always hot water! For the past 10 years I have always changed rooms on holiday (much to my husbands embarrassment), we didn't this year.
I would recommend the studios, which are actually small blocks of only 2-5 rooms dotted around the beautiful gardens. I didn't see any of the hotel room sin the main block.
I am suprised by some of the recent reviews, we always stay in 4* accomodation & travel at least twice a year and I am fussy. This hotel is great, very peaceful, a happy atmosphere & the facilities are good. I can only assume that other's are not so use to travelling abroad & unrealistically expect more .
I do have to say though that the entertainment wasn't up to much, although my 6 year fell in love with Tess one of the reps!!!

Dont let the bad reviews put you off!!

by TripAdvisor Member Russ&Lou

I read all the lovely reviews of this property before I booked this, our first trip to the Greek Islands, so imagine my horror when 2 'bad' reviews apppeared before I was due to travel. I need not have worried as in my experience they were totally unfounded. We had a lovely sea front bungalow (number 223) so cannot comment on any of the other rooms types but we were very happy with ours, and it was a very short walk to the main pool, which we much preffered to the new lagoon one ( the lunch selection here is much wider too!!) We did go over to the lagoon pool one morning to try it and arrived just before ten as other reviews had said there was a queue-and there were 4 other people waiting for it to open, but I would hardly call that a queue. The food was excellent at alll times. We were all inclusive and my other half was most impressed that he got to pull his own pints!! Some soft drinks and the water were also self serve, and everything else including local liquers and cocktails - and some very fancy coffees - were ordered at the bar. The wine was very drinkable, although the red was served cold at times. Back to the food, duck a l'orange, rare roast beef, plenty of sea food, huge selections of salads, lovely desserts, cheese and crackers at dinner times, salads, pastas, homemade pizzas and hot meals for lunch, again with desserts and ice creams. breakfast the full english every morning ( excluding the sausages ) bucks fizz......I could go on and on, but basically it was all really good and loads of choice. We would definitely stay in another Louis Hotel after this trip and we have a lovely time at this one. Dont let the bad reviews put you off if you have already booked ( or want to)....we loved it!!!!!

pretty boring

by TripAdvisor Member JEZ37

on arrival at hotel in the evening the resturant was closed and there was no meal at all. breath taking views of the bay but sadly not from our room 804 which was very good as it was one of the new blocks very spacious and very close to the lagoon pool, which we found the best of the two. staff very friendly and polite the only problem that we had was the food was not hot and on the second week it was very spicey just outside the hotel there is many resturants. all the activities were held at the bottom pool area also the evening entertainment (if that's what you can call it) was also there. if you are in one of the rooms near the bottom pool expect a good walk to the main building. only one main road with shops which you can easily do in one evening.there are two elvis impersonators in the resort only one was good the other was [--] go to the first bar that you come to with the sign out it was brill and the staff very good. i think one week is enough for this hotel ideal for a relaxing break.(if you have never been to corfu before you are in for a treat at the airport? "not")

4star Butlins Maybe

by TripAdvisor Member guardsmen

Looked foreward to having a great holiday 40 years married.
Room in new building was good but better by far than some of the ones we have seen, so check your room before unpacking.
we were all inclusive, bad mistake. if you do not get to meals early food will not be to hot or even warm. self service means that many hands use the utensills before you, there were a few cases of upset tummys, mine included lasted 3 days.
Lunch at the pools try and make sure you are early as food is warmish. Hotel try to get you to use the chinese restuarant no rush.
entertainment a laugh as to all inclusive at the Bar...you will be told to find your own Beer at the Tap on its own...I felt a second class Guest... WE will not be back .Reg and Shirley.

Was it a dream...

by TripAdvisor Member crystalgirl

After visiting Gouvia some years ago which was one of the best holidays I have ever spent, we were really looking forward to this time. We checked the reviews and although we'd noted a couple of bad ones there seemed only complaints about wasps and mosquitoes which we knew could be solved easily enough. The hotel actually had wasp traps out which helped a lot and we were not bothered.

Walking into the hotel was breathtaking with the view out over the sea, the room was a delight having only just been recently finished, the food was superb and never the same, the staff warm and welcoming like i'd remembered Gouvians were, everyone we met was happy and the chidren played non stop all day.

That's why was it a dream... because as we checked out it felt as though we'd only just arrived we were so sorry to go.

Due to the nature of my job I have travelled the world a lot stopping in hotels from 3 to 5 star ratings and this was by far one of the best hotels visited. We will definitely be returning!

Comments