4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 250% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Mitsis Roda Beach Resort and Spa

One of the best Hotels in Corfu

by popoze about Hotel Roda Beach Village

The Hotel, services and facilities are perfect.
I can recommend this to everybody, specialy if you have kids.
They have a special kitchen for kids. Great pool and vieuws on Albania.

Taste the Peking Duc

by popoze

Chinees Restaurant insite" the hotel Roda Beach Villages".
The food was really great. I never eat chinees duc like there sinds i 'm back from China. "FANTASTIC" The dessert was amazing. I eat a icecream baked in oil !!!!

CAVO D'ORO HOTEL ROOF TOP...

by lindrine

CAVO D'ORO HOTEL ROOF TOP RESTAURANT, KALAMAKI, ZAKYNTHOS.

CAPTAINS, RODA BEACH ROAD, CORFU.
ROOF TOP RESTAURANT, KALAMAKI, OVERLOOKING THE IONIAN SEA AND WATCHING THE SUN SET OVER ZAKYNTHOS.

CAPTAINS, RODA CORFU, RIGHT BY THE BEACH OVERLOOKING THE BEAUTIFUL BLUE SEA. BEEF STIFADO, LAMB KLEFTIKAS, SOUVLAKI, ZAKYNTHAN CHICKEN, BEEF KOKKINISTO.

Hell Survivors

by TripAdvisor Member miserable13

Roda Beach in Corfu was advertised as 5 star - it is NOT 5 star it is 3 star according to the hotel receptionist when we arrived - all correspondence found about this hotel said it was 5 star - FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! - It was awful - the rooms and food were definatley not up to standard - when we first arrived at the hotel we asked to be moved as there was a broken sewer pipe outside and a broken toilet. The staff were rude in the hotel - we felt very intimdated - I complained about the dirty glasses and bowls in the eating area one morning and the staff were not interested in the slightest - We then decided to eat out for lunch and dinner - we only had breakfast as it was toast & coffee. My partner was ill for 24 hrs - there was a lot of sickness & the runs in the hotel - the doctor was called on several occasions when we were there.
Would definaltely NOT go back to Roda Beach - but Roda itself is lovely and the people are warm and friendly (take note Roda Beach staff) !!!

Mitsis Con

by TripAdvisor Member Shansy

The star rating system seems to depend on facilities provided not the quality of them or the quality of service. The Mitsis group specialise in doing the bare minium to get a 5 star rating. e.g. A 'gym' with only an exercise bike and a running machine. Air Con in the rooms which barely works and is only available at certain times. A fridge in the room which is empty. There are no stars awarded for the room decor or the quality of furninshing and so they offer some of the worst rooms in Greece. The Roda beach has about 20 new rooms which are up to a good 3 star quality. The remaining hundreds of rooms are depressing with poor quality beds, mattresses, furnishings and if you are unlucky to have a carpet, dirty. The game here is musical rooms. Everbody wants to change. We experienced three rooms:- one had a view , one had good air con, one had hot water.
Now the good points. Food is good but a bit too reliant on pork.
Beer is Lowenbrau which is good for all inclusive. Pool area is good and the location on the beach cannot be faulted. Animation team is good. Maid service is very good. Reception staff are helpfull if it is an easy request but can be argumentative if you tell them the rooms are bad. I guess they are sick of hearing it.. You can have fun here but it sure isn't 5 star.

worst holiday of my life.

by TripAdvisor Member billabob

On arrival at this hotel, we were really pleased. The entrance and reception are lovely. We were then taken to our rooms, and it all went downhill from there. There was 6 of us travelling. We were situated in the chalet type rooms just past the pool. My first impression was pontins at Blackpool. They were so cramped, with three beds in. I never expect much when I travel to Greece, I always think they are more basic than anywhere else, but these rooms were awful.
Outside, the garden view was a huge pool of stagnent water that stank putrid. Even though the water didn't seem to drain away, they still left the hosepipe on, which made the matter far worse.
Our first visit to the resteraunt was good, we thought the food was nice, although it was very noisy, and the maitre'de did not enforce the smart dress code they had. When we went to the resteraunt the next day, we were very disappointed, the food was exactly the same, and that continued for the whole fortnight. It felt like you were in a canteen. My family and I always like to dress up for dinner, it was a waste of time here, people were turning up in football shirts and shorts. At dinnertime they were coming in, in swimming costumes, you had to sit on their wet seat after them. Some people have no condideration for others, but the managment should have enforced the dress code. Less than a week into the holiday the dreaded sickness started. One by one we were struck down with sickness and the runs, and there were lots uf other people who were ill too. For the second week we refused to eat or drink anything from the hotel. Oh, and the noise from the entertainment was awful, it was like being at a holiday camp. Believe me, if you are stuck in your room because your ill, the last thing you want to hear is that racket, and it was an awful racket. It was the same at night, you couldn't escape noise. There was nowhere you could go, to just relax and chat.
The only saviour for us was the beach, although only small and not really that nice, we spent the whole day there. The sun loungers and parasols were free, but you had to get up early and reserve one, every one else did, so if you can't beat 'em join 'em.
The sea was lovely, you could wade out quite far, very safe for the kids. Also, the walk into Roda was lovely, a welcome break from the horrble smell that seemed to always be around the hotel.
Would I return to Roda Beach? Not a chance that was £4500.00 down the drain. I will never set foot in a Mitsis Hotel again either.

Great holiday let me go back!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member 280157

In total I had three weeks at the hotel and had the best time ever. Holidays are what you make them and we thoroughly enjoyed ours. The hotel had excellent facilities to suit all tastes, Roda was within walking distance and there were many trips and excursions available.
The days could be spent enjoying the sunshine, pool, sea etc or you could opt to join in one of the activities. We were encouraged to join in but not hassaled by Hannah, Wes and Johnny anwho were a great group of young people who worked so hard to make sure the Thomas Cook holidaymakers had a great time.
The food did become a little monotonous but a trip to Maggies in Roda or Billys soon sorted that.
The evenings were good fun, plenty to entertain the children who quite obviously loved Hannah, Wes and Johnny. There was a good mix of bingo, quizes etc for the adults but the highlight was the singing and dancing. Three young people who worked their hardest to entertain and did so very professionally and who were much appreciated by my family. I am full of admiration for them as they worked such a long day, always had a smile and friendly word for everyone even those who were not with Thomas Cook - they are a real asset to the company.

I thought it was great

by TripAdvisor Member shers_bolton

We stayed at this hotel 28th Aug - 4th Sept we had booked it as a late deal one week before and were very impressed when we arrived. It was well worth the money we paid. We had no problems with sickness even with me being 11 weeks pregnant. The pool area was great. The choice of food in the restaurant was very good and the show cooking was great. Went to the Chinese restaurant (but we are sure we booked for the italian) the food there was pretty good too. I have been on numerous AI holidays in corfu and rhodes and have got to say this is one of the best I have stayed at for food.

The bad points:- there are only a few, our room was a little dated looked like it used to be self catering cause we had a cooker but it was clean and nice. The pools were great except salt water, thats a first for me. There were no hot snacks very strange for all in but ice cream was available to adults so that was a bonus over other hotels ive stayed in. My last compliant was TV the past few AI 4* hotels ive stayed in have a film channel showing movies if you wanna stay in. I really missed this.

Overall I thought this Hotel was great and would gladly go again for the right price.

One disaster after another!

by TripAdvisor Member gemmamb

Honestly - I can't believe that this holiday went so wrong!

I'd read a fair few reviews before going to this hotel and thought many things that made me leave the UK with a positive outlook: One being that on average more people will bother to write a negative review than a positive one and my friend and I also only paid about £370 each for it. The first thing that I would advise is for heaven's sake please don't spend any more than this amount: I promise you that you will come back to England feeling like you've just thrown it down the drain.

When we landed in the dead of night (part of the reason why the price was so cheap I believe) we were told that our rooms were damaged due to a pipe leak. We were transferred to a different hotel and although not lovely I wish we'd just been left there. Firstly, the room damage is a lie. Isn't it strange that such water damage can be fixed by 11am the following day, or is that just when a coach load of German holiday makers leave..... this was the reason as the staff later admitted.... and this double booking happens nearly every week so don't be surprised if you can't unpack your bag for the first night.

Our room: Hmmmmm.... we were not in the main hotel, for us it was a little two bedroom chalet at the top of the hill. Our 'garden view' consisted of three tree trunks. They consider these chalet type rooms as their finest: mainly due to it being tiled and having its own air con.... by the way the hotel rooms only have this facility from 5pm until 12am. It felt and looked like a 2* self catering apartment.... with a huge walk to civilisation. Oh and this is funny: We talked to reception about the room. We also said that the elegant internet pictures were so far removed it was almost like we were on candid camera: they replied with 'you English have higher demands than the rest' and ' ohhhhh those are next year's rooms' as well as 'we know it is not 5*, the lobby is 5*.'

The Facilities: Pool is great and a pick me up of the trip as we're both water babies! (NB: It's sea water) The beach isn't very clean. The chinese and italian restaurants were really nice and a welcomed break from the main buffet where you will have to prepare yourself for 70's gelatine desserts and random sprouts to go with your spaghetti. The choice isn't great but then we're not that fussy but nutella and spaghetti did kind of get to us.
Oh and that stunning indoor pool on trustaccomodation.com shouldn't be included as a facility: you can only use it if you pay for a spa treatment.

Smell: AWFUL: and it's not just the hotel rooms, our chalet was right next to the sewage watered gardens. We have been back for a week and I really can't get the stench out of my nose.

Sickness: Far too much. I was vomitting for three days straight, with fever and much to my delight... the runs. And then my friend got it once I had recovered. We met some lovely people (great bunch of English people travelled there) and at least one member of each party was taken ill. And it's true it's been going around for nearly five months: A fact that my insurance company were shocked at as they think it's awful that packages are still being sold to this place.

The Staff: We found the accomodation guy lovely as well as the reception staff..... but you have to get them on side, if you don't make them laugh they'll act like you don't exist.

Overall: If i'd paid a non-teletext price I'd be thinking I'd been had. But even with that price people shouldn't be sent there until the stench and sickness has been sorted. They should also stop falsely advertising this place with it's star rating and artist impression photos. It's a low 3* hotel. If the smell and sickness wasn't around I think it would have been bareable.

Note: It's 1hr away from the airport so if you can get transfers included for about £15 it's a bargain otherwise I think it's about £30 each way in a taxi.

First class holiday

by TripAdvisor Member colin812

We stayed at this hotel 25th Sep - 2 Oct 2006

Bit of a disaster to start with. We arrived just as the first thunderstorms since february decided to arrive as well. My girlfriend was taken ill with (probable) food poisoning after our first full day there. (she tried to eat everything in the one day !)
The main hotel, pool and surroundings are first class and the only parts of the grounds to come anywhere near five stars. Actually I would give five stars on entering the reception for the first time at night, down to two and a half for our chalet - tv, fridge, bath, hair dryer. In my opinion three and a half stars overall (read other reviews about accomodation as i have a feeling the quality varies a lot).
The variety of food on offer was excellent. I don't know how other reviewers have managed to criticise this (Maybe they have made improvements?). The food available at the main resturant was varied and plentiful and there were seperate chinese, italian and fish resturants if you fancied a change. Packed lunches can be ordered the night before if you are going on an excursion. Filled rolls are available all day along with icecream at the pool bar.
There are four bars including pool and beach bars. There is also a disco. The spirits on offer were cheap versions of well known brands. The exception was the lager which was Lowenbrau (Excellent).
The facilities were reasonable - brill pool with kids slides, private beach, tennis courts, table tennis, little play park. However the SPA was not inclusive and no gym - bit dissapointing.
Staff friendliness at the hotel varied quite a bit. The best were the animation team. They put on excellent shows for kids and adults and all kudos to them.
After the storm the beach was strewn with deadwood and the sea water cloudy. Give the staff their due they were out first thing next day with digger and lorry clearing the beach.

Our overall experience of this hotel is positive and we would go back.

Hotel Roda Beach Village EntranceHotel Roda Beach Village Entrance