Kassiopi, Greece
AMOMA.com Otel.com

More about Kassiopi

Kassiopi, CorfuKassiopi, Corfu

Kassiopi, CorfuKassiopi, Corfu

the main gatethe main gate

The Sun Sets At Janis RestaurantThe Sun Sets At Janis Restaurant

The main beach

by ragaults

I want to go to Kassiopi but am unsure whether it is suitable for children. Is there any sand on the beach or is it just shingle/pebbles only? Does anyone have any good photos of the main beach please?

Thanks, Rachel (Bristol)

Re: The main beach

by greekcypriot

Hi,
I have heard that it can get windy out there, and it is a bit dangerous for kids to be let out alone. I always check before going, and I have checked this for you. I have found the following which I believe will help you answer some of your questions:

Travel Tips for Kassiopi

Stunning Views & lovely people

by tarmav

I would take them for a walk round the headland , especially at night to see the dozens of fireflies dancing in the moonlight I miss the people of kassiopi , they make you so welcome ...The whole friendly atmosphere of the place . The beautiful little harbour .. Kassioppi is a magical pplace , once you visit you have a longing to return ,,

The Only Way To Travel - Grab A Boat And Sail Away

by xxsummerstarzxx

Although I have reccomended boat hire in Kassiopi, I did in fact hire a boat in Paelokalistra which is located in the north west of Corfu. I was eager to see the caves and crystal clear waters in this part of Corfu island you see. I paid dearly for this 'whim' and later found out 'my euros' would have hired me a boat for the whole day in Kassiopi instead of the 4 hours I had for my money!

I found the trip totally exhilarating, and by the time I reached the shore I craved for more of this pastime.

Many places are totally inaccessable unless you have a boat so if you want to experience deserted beaches, caves and the thrill of the open sea you simply have to take the plunge and hire one yourself.

Swimming from the boat is wonderful but do beware of the rocks if you dive. When taking a boat out in any hot and sunny climate always remember to take some heavy duty sunscreen and a wide brimmed hat. The sun reflects off the water, so getting yourself burnt is very easily accomplished and painful too. Ouch!!!

Ensure you hire a boat from a reputable company, and check there are enough life jackets on board to cover all passengers.

If you get a bit sea sick dont forget to take some medication prior to the trip, feeling ill will definitely spoil the experience.

Kassiopi

by tarmav

"The people"

The people of kassiopi are so genuine , helpful and you make some real friends there ....if you want to practice your greek , all the better ,, they will laugh with you when you get it wrong, but will also correct you as well ..they always remember you when you return .. How !! the hundreds of people they must deal with ...
Lovely , genuine people ......................

"The place"

Well .. for me Kassiopi has everything .. it has remained unspoilt while making a fantastic place to spend your holiday ...The llittle harbour is lovely to just sit with a Mythos in an ice cold glass watching the world go by ...

At night there is a good selection of places to eat .. you will find somewhere for all tastes ...
There are stunning views over to albania,, a walk round the headland is a must ...the views are breathtaking .. just take yourself off on a walk , there are so many beautiful little walks . w ewent off on a walk one day and found the most beautiful little meadow there were loads of butterflies there ..
And a walk up to the old fort .. There you can take the most amazing photos . They are busy renovating it this year , i think they have plans to light it up at night .. that would be so lovely to see whilst sitting in the harbour at a bar in the evening !....
The photo is of the " Erinoula " a boat that does many different trips .. we always sail in her for a couple of trips when we go to kassiopi.. There are also other boats you can go for trips on
kathy