Hellinis

108, Fygareto Street,. 49100 Kanoni , Kerkyra, Greece, Corfu Town, 49100, Greece

Booking.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• worst experience

The holiday started ok, staff seemed friendly, service was average, food wasnt great, hotel was kept clean enough, however no entertainment, no room service, and no help when your camera is stolen from your own room.
    absolutely ruined my whole holiday as all my capyured memories were gone, aswel as my camera!!
    the staff suddenly were not so friendly and did not help at all, just said I must have lost it somewhere else.
    Was so upset with the lack of care and help considering my personal belongings 'went missing' from my room. I could have delbt with the poor hotel facilities as we didnt pay too much for it, but theft in my opinion is unnaceptable.
    There are pletnly of lovely hotels in the same area, shame I did not book one of them instead.
    sorry.

Unique Quality: no entertainment, pool gets about 2 hours of sunlight a day so better off going to the beach, and the all inclusive deal seemed a bit of a con to be honest.
    the landing strip is right next to the hotel so can hear planes all day...
    food is amazing, if you like sloppy stew, dry rice and stale bread everynight.
    no room service.
    other than that, it was lovely

Directions: next to a runway, on a one way road about 10mins from the beach

More about Kerkyra

EntranceEntrance

Up the stepsUp the steps

St.George's churchSt.George's church

EntranceEntrance

In need of travel tip please

by kolenozrut

Hi there!
I would need to know, what would be the best way for me to travel from Athens to Kerkyra, but the flights are a little too expensive. Could you please give me a tip on buses which travel on a regular basis to Igoumenitsa or a travel agent who would offer a trip from Athens directly to Corfu city?
Also I would need to know how much it would cost me...the bus trip and the ferry boat as well.
Thanx a lot for the answer.
Radovan

by Sweet-Angel1

Hi there mate, I'm a regular out there you can get the the Green bus but it will be a very long journey, all the details are on the above link. I think you may be best with olypic flights are only 80 euros about £50-60 I think it would be worth the extra to fly.
If you need any further info look on the Greece Uncovered website and go on to the forums ask any of my mates who are out there at the mo and they will easily help you.

by XenosUK

Hi Radovan

Aegean Airlines - www.aegeanair.com - have one-way fares starting from €38.39 inc taxes. Flights take 1 hour and are twice daily.

Elaine

by mzflo007

HI there,

I have a friend who has done the bus route. You spend the same or even more that way. You are better off taking the plane.

www.kassiopi.com

Travel Tips for Kerkyra

St George

by antz

In Benitses, as in most resorts, there are a number of water sports that you can take part in. One day, just sitting in the bar, we saw a stand on a pier that was doing paragliding. My friend went down to check how much it cost as she knew that I would do it. I said yes straightaway and it is one of the best things I have ever done! The feeling you get up there is amazing as is the view. I would recommend to anyone to try this! We made friends with a family from Britain who were staying in the same resort as us. One day they invited us to go with them to St George to where there was a sandy beach (as the ones in Benitses are rocky). We went and got ourselves sun loungers, made ourselves comfortable, and lay in the sun. Just a few minutes later, I saw something I have never seen before - men walking along the beach selling doughnuts! We made friends with one of them, a local named Kostas - his cousin owned a bar in Benitses and he invited us to meet him for a drink. We did so and ended up going out for dinner and had a fantastic night! If you go to St George and speak to the doughnut sellers, speak to Kostas and tell him Karen from Scotland is thinking of him!

You must rent a car or a bike...

by buna

You must rent a car or a bike and drive around the island, so you can discover the exrtremely beautiful seasides.There are so many beaches around the Kerkyra island that no mater how long you are going to stay is not enough. In the north part of the island there is the famous beach of SIDARI, the CANAL D'AMOUR as it is called. Don't miss it.

take a visit to the capital...

by 4friends

take a visit to the capital city Kerkyra.The old town is an very nice place to be there.all the fun of watching people,the shops and the restaurants and the ancient places.The beautiest part of the island is the northern part,with the mountains,the olive yards and the small villages like Kassiopi,Acharavi and Dassia. The kindness and the hospitality of the local people and the good food.

KANONI PENINSULA (5 km south...

by svenko

KANONI PENINSULA (5 km south of Corfu town). This is the site of the ancient capital but the most visited sight are two beautiful islets: MONI VLAHERNAS, (reached by a causeway - on this photo) & MOUSE ISLAND (PONDIKONISSI) (on the next photo).

Spianada and Liston

by Christianne

Spianada or Esplanade the largest square in the Balkans.
Have your breakfast here. I used to do it with my aunt when I was a child.
On the north - western side of the Spianada is the Liston, an arcade of mansions modelled on the famous Parisian Rue de Rivoli.

Comments