between the villages of Moraitika and Messonghi , Moraitika, 49100, Greece
Expedia.com Hotels.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Messonghi Beach Resort

messonghi beach hotel (corfu)

by mark6

messonghi beach hotel (corfu) situated right by the beach this hotel has it all, 3 pools, nightclub,bars ,and snack bars beside all the pools ,it even has it's own gym ,kids rooms,t.v. rooms ,you can do everything there and not have to leave the complex.Go to my intro page (top left)and see messonghi beach for yourself you will not be dissapointed if you go here on holiday

The Corfiot Butlins!

by punchy_b about Messonghi Beach Hotel

Only about 30 mins south from Corfu Airport/Town, this place is enormous, and probably one of Corfu's biggest on the whole island.

It dominates the seafront at Moratika and there's plenty to do, without having to leave the hotel.

3 good sized pools, several accomodation blocks, a couple of restaurants (its normally half board), plenty of bars, the usual evening entertainments (Greek nights, singers, etc.), a little blue train that you can have a ride on every 10-15 minutes. Kids clubs during the day and even their own internet suite, makes it one of my favourite holidays ever and I had to return when we went back a couple of years ago.

The Corfiots are a lovely welcoming people, they love kids and I would love to end my days there when and if I retire. Little Blue Train
Decent sized pools and well-tended gardens
Good food
Good beer
Great value for money if you're going half board

I recommend Rossis Hotel in...

by eleinlie

I recommend Rossis Hotel in Messonghi.
There is apartments and hotel rooms.
The hotel is down by the beach. The owners are like family.
They have grate service.
There are no pool, but you are almost on the beach when you are haveing a drink at the bar.

Around the island...(7)

by kia81

AGHIOS GORDIS=Ipressive bay with nice sandy beach and a divng center;

KORISSION LAKE/LAGOON= Wonderful landscape with a mix of water and sandy dunes.It's the best palce for a moltitude of birds (126 different types);

VITALADES: Deserted and large beach with sand and dunes. There are some good tavernas by the beach.

KAVOS= avoid this place if you hate caos and crowded towns. It is full of pubs, you can play football in the streets and win a bottle of wine, you can jump on drunk people's bodies in the street...in one word awful...but someone (most of all British guys) seems to appreciate it!

MESSONGHI= Calm and warm seawater, rocky and sandy beaches;

BENITSES= Very touristic place, generous nature (lemon, olive, orange trees and typical mediterranean vegetation) and grevel beaches.

I had the best holiday!

I am now reading reviews for my upcoming holiday in Mexico may 2005 and read some awful things about the hotel. So I thought: let's check the reviews of Messonghi Beach to see what everybody has to say and also here, I read some opinions that are very negative.

I must say otherwise. I stayed at Messonghi Beach with my boyfriend in sep 2002 and we had the best time, the hotel was nice and with many good facilities, like shops, some bars and a patio cafe, entertainment (mostly for kids) and from the beach (which was not really very white actually) you could take great boattrips which kept you busy for a day.

The hotelgardens are gorgeous and well-kept, the rooms (ours had an oceanview) were complete and clean, enough towels. Also the pools are nice and clean, the perfect place to rehabilitate after drinking every cocktails on the card at Fair Play, this great sports-bar down town.

One minor point: the evening entertainment at Messonghi was the same almost every night and was right underneath our room... We went back on the plane, "Copa Cabana" still rewinding in our heads..

Summin' up I could say that I recommend the hotel to everyone, and it is especially fit for families, as there are many facilities for kids. When you sleep in the biggest hotelbuilding, request a room on the right or left side, not in the middle, in case you want to turn early for the night and don't like music underneath the balcony...

Anyway, this makes me much less scared to go to hotel Carrousel in Mexico! I think we'll be fine. Enjoy Messonghi Beach!

Family Fun

After having read some of the other reviews I thought I would add my comments. We traveled to Messonghi in the first two weeks of June 2004. The hotel as a whole was very clean, if perhaps a little basic. I reccomend staying in a bungalow as opposed to some of the hotel rooms, as they offer a bit more privacy and are further away from the evening noise.
The hotel is not a typical 'cater for the English' resort, in fact most of the guests were from other areas of Europe, a fact we enjoyed but some perhaps will not. The food was of an OK standard but very monotonous. The best part of the holliday for us was the entertainment for the children. If you have children under 10 who enjoy lots of activities and making new friends then this is the place for you. Lots of stuff to do and the hotels own kids club was far superior to the one staffed by Cosmos. (its free too). The animation team (ents staff) wre very friendly and worked very hard every day making sure guests were entertained.
If you have young children and want a fun holiday with plenty to keep the kids amused then I reccomend Messonghi beach. If you want air conditioned luxury and/or heaving nightlife with loads of other brits, go somewhere else.

Such a terrible hotel!

We have just returned from the Messonghi Beach hotel and I am afraid that we are adding to the negative reviews.
The nearby resort itself was nice and clean and we found all of the local people to be friendly. The downside was the hotel itself with its awful food and entertainment. The food was not served hot enough and most was not cooked properly. It was chips, chips and more chips served with veal, veal and more veal along with some disgusting looking fish dishes. Even the pasta dishes and salad choices were awful (cooked grated carrot!!!) The hot breakfast menu was eggs, hotdogs and beans again not cooked properly and lukewarm. Even the chef on the corner grill did not cook the food properly and the potatoes to go with the food he cooked were rock hard and cold.
There was no entertainment or official kids clubs during the day and the nigh time entertainment consisted of someone screaming into the mike announcing boring acts.

I have stated terrible for the hotel because what we were promised and what we got were two totally different things. Bad food. Sunbeds no where near enough. The rooms were so small and once the third bed arrived in the room, we had to put all other room furniture in a pile on the balcony, to make space to move. In fact all the other holidaymakers we spoke to were not satisfied at all with this hotel.
Not happy at all.

Fantastic Holiday for all

by TripAdvisor Member dhillman7

We stayed at Messonghi Beach twice last year and had a fantastic holiday both times, so I feel some of the reviews are unfair and don't paint a very clear picture.

There was loads for my 5 year old daughter to do and she made good friends with British and European children both times. I agree that it doesn't put the Brits first which I think is a good thing as the hotel should cater for all not just us. Personally I prefer not to hear too many English voices when I'm on holiday otherwise you might as well be at home. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful and as for the rooms they were spotless at all times and there was always plenty of clean towels and the bedding was changed regularly. As we booked a family room there was plenty of space for all 3 of us.

The food was very good and we had no problem with the restaurant and always managed to find a table easily.

I agree there was sometimes a smell of sewers but we expected that anyway, as we already knew that Greece hadn't got a very good sewerage system, and when you think of the size of the hotel, it isn't surprising. Like everything you get used to it.

The entertainment staff worked very hard and we became good friends with some of them. We were helping them to learn English and still keep in touch with some of them now. The kids entertainment was very good and my daughter enjoyed the kids club which was open twice a day every day apart from Sunday and the kids disco which was on every night for an hour exept Sunday, but there was a brilliant kids party instead.

The hotel is advertised as a family hotel so anyone wanting a quiet and peaceful hotel should perhaps look elsewhere. Saying that, there is still plenty to do for the adults.

We enjoyed it so much that we have already booked up for 3 weeks this year, as we are getting married in the holtel grounds in August.

One final note about the public toilets. Someone put in a review that they were dirty, but the only problem we found was that most times you wanted to use them, there was usually someone in there cleaning them!!!!!!

Our negative experience in this hotel: never again

First impressions of the hotel were not good.
We arrived at 9.30 pm at the hotel to be sent to the first room. Opened door and wished we hadn't ever went to this hotel since we were greeted with a foisty smell and looking at damp on the walls. When we arrived there the beds were unmade so back we went to reception, with suitcases, to be given the key to another room, on the main road, although not that busy during the day had its busy time in the morning.

The carpets on the stairs were frayed and worn, the sofas in the seating area were very dirty, reminded me of a grubby taxi rank!

Every table was covered in glasses, I felt sorry for the bar man who looked like he was about to cry, I even offered to help him collect glasses as he didn't have any left but was swiftly reminded by my husband that I was supposed to be on holiday.

Our room was very basic, dated decor but thankfully clean.
It was very cold, not helped by the fact that our window did not fit the frame. After reporting this to reception we were offered 'even more' blankets, were we supposed to wear them?, sitting in the room was unbearable.

The food was often cold, little choice and bad presentation. There were many nice restaurants near the hotel and in the resort centre, thankfully.

The pool looked lovely until you stepped into it.

We found that many, many guests were checking out of the hotel in the few days that we were there and after many complaints of our own to our Holiday Rep we were finally moved to a different hotel which in comparison was shear luxury enabling us to enjoy the remainder of our stay. The Rep informed us that it was many guests that had complained; obviously the Messonghi hotel was not up to the basic standard.

This is our dissapointing holiday story. Never back to this hotel! Ever!!

Corfu - my favourite island

by punchy_b

"Mind the Mythos!"

We last went to Corfu in 2003, and went with the usual rabble (2 adults and 2 children) and also with my brother-in-law, his girlfriend and my nephew, and stayed in ACHARAVI which was on the North coast of the island in self catering apartments.

I fell in love with this island on our previous visit to Messonghi Beach Hotel in Moratika which is on the Eastern coast.

If anybody is thinking of going to Corfu, then it has something for everybody. Read on to find out more

HOLIDAY INFO ?????

by RUSSJP

JUST BOOKED A HOLIDAY FOR MY FAMILY AND I IN MORAITIKA FOR MAY NEXT YEAR,WOULD APPRECIATE ANY TIPS,ADVICE,RECOMMENDATIONS,THINGS TO AVOID ETC FROM ANYONE WHO HAS VISITED BEFORE

by Ikaronaut

You coud not choose a better place in Corfu, thats for sure. I was been on Corfu several times but this Moraitika has to offer the most from all the other places and is centraly located. First thing you shoud know is that you need car/motorvike only if you want to travel around island, othervise in Moraitika everythimg is right on pad.

by Rosie73

Hi. I've been to Moraitika 16 times (over many years) and as you can probably guess, I love it.

It has a beach of shingle which has a scattering of beach tavernas, the best of which is Crabs. The sea is ideal for swimming and kids as it's got lots of shallow bits even quite far out. There are the usual watersports there (paragliding, waterskiing, etc.)

The road running through Moraitika has plenty of tavernas, bars and ice cream parlours, all of which are child friendly (even the very lat opening bars).

Some good tavernas are the famous Rose Garden, The Islands and my favourite The Village which is up a little hill towards the old village of Moraitika. There are many more off the road too, so do have a wonder.

The resort a short (15-20 min) walk away or a very short fishing boat ride over the river, Messonghi also has bars and restaurants.

Corfu town is great for a historical trip and/ or great shopping. It takes around 20 minutes in a taxi. or there are regular buses from Messonghi & Moraitika - just make sure you're on the correct side of the road - I've seen others miss it by waiting on the wrong side!

You'll find the people are wonderfully friendly and helpful.

Hope this has been of some help, and hope you enjoy your holiday in this beautiful place.

by Rosie73

P.S. If you like Greek food the people of Moraitika are fabulous cooks.

Comments