Achladies beach, Achladies Bay, 37002, Greece

Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Best Hotel in Skiathos

The best location for a hotel on the island, built on the beach. everybody loves the hotel and we both did aswell. service is fantastic. Location and hotel really makes this a great place.
    When we go back to Skiathos we are going back to this hotel
    Only 5.50 euros in a taxi to the town and 9 euros to the airport.
    Tip: do not stop far away from the town as you will want to visit often and the buses are very crowded and a pain
    Web link: http://www.esperidesbeach.gr/

Unique Quality: The water taxi picks you up on the beach and runs you into town which takes around 10 mins
    2 euros each with great views.

More about Hotel Esperides

The place to be!

by Icebear64 about Cape Mitikas Villas & Apartments

We have been in September 2005 on a family holiday and stayed in the Cape Mitikas Appartments. The first impression we got during the friendly welcome and the appearance of the plot of land on which this appartments had been built. I was told that about 250 olive trees are growing inside the complex and in the middle you can find an old church which is well kept by the owners. A supermarket and a bakery is about 300 m away behind the Esperides hotel. The sandy beach of Achladies is only some steps down and you can find tavernas, a watersportbase and a small pier from which you can take a scheduled taxiboat to Skiathos town.
I can only recommend any Skiathos travellers to try to accomodate there. It is absolutely priceworthy and really the best tip on the island. Situated on an own peninsula it guarantees you a great view and a quiet surrounding. The apartments are large and luxurious with Kitchen (fully equipped which is rare in Greece), Sat-TV, Radio with Alarm, large Terrace with umbrella, table, chairs and sunbeds. I was somewhat surprised, when we found a welcome package with basic supplies for the first breakfast in our room when we checked in.

Wonderful Hotel and resort

by TripAdvisor Member Lillybab

We stayed at The Hotel Esperides at the end of August 2006. The hotel was very clean all the staff very helpful and friendly. The ladies (or gents!) who cleaned the rooms did it to a very high standard - so much so that they folded my daughter's dolls clothes every day for her - much to her delight. The food was excellent, always hot and a wide variety.

The location is first class - 10 minutes by Water Taxi which is great fun - although towards the end of the week the water was getting slightly choppy!! - but excellent value and not at all crowed.

The beach is fantastic, so relaxing and very clean as everyone has said the pool is quite small, but we didn't even once want to use it as the beach was so close.

The buses down to Koukanaris are plentiful and cheap, although if you are getting the bus back from Skiathos town at night - be warned it is very crowded.

The only downside was the dinner is served at 7.30pm which is a bit late if you have kids and want to get into Skiathos town.

We will definitely be going back the best holiday in Greece that we have had

A relaxing week

by TripAdvisor Member Tricia F

We stayed for a week at the Esperides hotel at the end of September and had a really good relaxing holiday. We have been to several Greek islands but this was our first visit to Skiathos.
The hotel is well siuated on a small but beautiful beach where a water taxi will take you into Skiathos town for about 2 euros. The hotel is very clean, staff friendly & welcoming and meals were buffet style and plentiful. I read several reviews on this site before we went and they were really helpful. I must agree about the size of the small pool for such a big hotel. We didnt even try to get a sunbed but instead went to the beach which was great. We also hired a 4x4 for a couple of days and headed off over the hills to the north of the island to see some of the beautiful scenery & coves. If you like to watch the sunset, then head off toward Aghia Eleni small beach.The bus stops just outside the hotel if you want to travel the short distances to other beaches.
Skiathos town is a good place to walk about, shop, and there are some really nice tavernas. It's really nice to go into town early evening for a drink at the old harbour front and watch the excursion boats arrive back. There are also a couple of good tavernas on the beach near the Esperides hotel, especially the Paradise which has a great Greek evening on thursdays.
Overall, we had a wonderful relaxing week and we hope to return to Skiathos next year.

A room with a view

by TripAdvisor Member Annika&Peter

Esperides, Skiathos 20th June - 27th June 2005!!

We stayed at the Esperides Hotel in Skiathos for a week in June last year.

HOTEL + BEACH
The Hotel is a really large complex (compared to other hotels in Greece). It is right on a beach that can get crowded easily. We had a room very high up and we had beautiful sea view. I guess our view from the balcony was the best thing about the whole hotel!!
The rooms were simple but ok and we loved sitting on the balcony in the evening having drinks watching the sun go down.
The pool area is very nice and the shape of the pool is really cool, even though there are only a few sunchairs and it can get crowded very easily.
A nice stretch of golden beach is right in front of the hotel and there are sunchairs for the hotel`s guests. There are also 2 other restaurants on the beach. (if I remember it right)
The hotel`s boat leaves right from the jetty on the beach to take tourists and guests from the hotel into Skiathos town many times a day. We tried this several times and it was very practical!! (much more easy and faster than taking the bus)

FOOD
We were on Halfboard and had both breakfast and dinner in the hotel`s main restaurant. We liked the many different choices and buffets every day, especially that you could pick your own sallad ingredients out of the salladbar!!
Although the food was very alike after a few days, we didn`t get bored as we only stayed 1 week and we always had lunch out at other restaurants while being on excursions.

EXCURSIONS
We are very active people and so we did a lot of excursions while being in Skiathos. We hired a jeep one day and drove around to the many beautiful beaches on Skiathos and another day we hired a scooter! A fabolous way to see all the different things and places that Skiathos has to offer!! We went also to a monostary and a dog-sheltery and went on a walk with a dog puppy!!
A boat excursion took us all around the island to some beaches that were only accessable from the sea, for example beautiful Lalaria beach.
We also went on a day trip to Athens and this was a little stressful, but very informative and interesting!

THE ISLAND
Skiathos is a very beautiful island with many beautiful beaches (and deserted beaches if you go off-season). We went in June and some days, we had beaches on the North coast (for example Elias and Mandraki Beach) all for ourselves!
We also loved the clear blue-green colour of the water!!
There is lots to see and it is easy renting a motocycle, jeep or a scooter to explore the island on your own!
We love greek food and there are plenty tavernas and small restaurants everywhere!
On a small beach that we found for ourselves on Skiathos, (after all these years together) Peter got down on his knees and he asked me to marry him and now, one year later, we are happily married!!
We will never forget our holiday on Skiathos, which was very romantic and wonderful!

Annika&Peter!!

BRILLIANT!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member nikkigoul

This was our second time at the Esperides and it was brilliant.

We had specifically asked for a ground floor room as we were travelling eith our 5 year old. The room we were allocated was brilliant with an arch way and garden and shaded terrace. Perfect for lunch.

The room was a tripple, which was ample sized and the air con brilliant- too cold some nights !!! But thats not a complaint.

The pool is gorgeous and bigger that it appears in photos. There are only a few sun beds, but who needs them when the beach is only a few steps away.

The food is excellent. Lots of variety. And always refilled and piping hot. All the staff were very friendly and courteous.

The beach is fabulous with a shop selling ice cream and cold drinks and inflatables. There are also three tavernas, serving great food. The best in my opinion being Paradise.

All in all this hotel is fabulous. A would definately reccommend it and will be returning next year.

Dont understand the rave reviews - but not all bad I suppose

by TripAdvisor Member MJH1

Just got back from a 2 week stay at the Esperides and feel like I should really give this place a good kicking - lots of issues, but also a number of things that makes the place almost quite endearing in an odd way. Here is a summary of our experience - lets start on a positive note...

Plus points:
1. Great location - slap bang in the middle of a lovely beach (one of the best on Skiathos in my opinion) with very clean warm sea
2. Restaurant - Quality of evening meal was good compared to other experiences in Greece (That is not to say it was perfect - see later)
3. General Cleanliness of the place was very good
4. Gardens were small but well kept
5. Pool was clean (did have some minus points also - see later)
6. Staff - many of the staff were very fiendly and hard working - We had a 18 month with us whom they doted on (However, some staff were useless - See later)
7. Skiathos itself - quite nice, liked Skiathos town very much (but it ain't Lindos!!)
8. Paradise and Perigia Tavernas adjacent to the hotel on the beach were both very good (see later)
9. Good mix of guests at the hotel - met lots of nice people (young kids are great ice breakers!) - We had a laugh whatever
10. Water Taxi across bay to Skiathos - very handy, apparently there are only 14 taxis on the entire island!

Minus points:
1. Quality of rooms - very basic in my opinion Greek 4* = UK 2*, I have stayed in nicer rooms in Peru for $6 a night!
2. Room we were initially allocated to (having paid for a sea view) - you couldnt see the sea, was very dark and very shabby (no doubt this block was scheduled for a refurb at the end of this season - I hope!) It took a stand-up shouting match with the Reservations Manager to get moved the next day - I have attached photos of original room
3. Breakfast is average in my opinion - no fresh fruit (apart from a bit of browning sliced apple - yet the fruit selection in an evening as part of desert choice was great)
4. Pool - is clean, but is very small and very deep (shallow end is 165 cm, deep end if 225cm!!, there is no kids pool - Some of the people we met couldnt touch the bottom - no good if you have young kids potentially - ours were fine but we had a couple fo scares)
5. Because pool is small, there are only 40 or so beds (for 100+ rooms / 200* guests!!). This meant you had to sneak down to pool at 8am when it opened to get towels down - I hated this!)
6. Beach Bar lunch offering was weak - Paradise and Perigea Tavernas much better
7. Customer Service a little eratic - As mentioned previously took me going bezerk to get us moved from first room (set completely wrong initial impression). Also, silly little things like:
> Asking for water in a plastic bottle for my 18 month old at dinner only to be told this was not possible as it was not on Restaurant drinks list - so I had to get up and walk 50 metres to main bar and get myself.
> The owner giving a waiter a roasting in front of me due to my young son dropping food on floor in dining room (what!!?),
> Going down to get water from Beach Bar at 10am to find it wasnt open yet the waiter was serving local Greeks - all laughed at me as a left (nice)
> Literally having to drag the porter / concierge up to our room when we got a massive leak (See next)
8. Erratic plumbing - our room (the 2nd one) had 2 leaks as did the one above and the one below - the Engineer seemed to be constantly in our block - See photos
9. Evening meal whilst good quality was repetitive and a bit of a rugby scrum - we ate out in Skiathos town a lot, particularly in the 2nd week
10. Hotel had no atmosphere at night - I dont want caberet, but maybe a bit of live music would have gone down well - with a young child you cant always go into Skiathos every night

Summary:
1. Having travelled the island - the Esperides was better (on face value) than most
2. It did have some good points - particularly staff (on the whole)
3. The evening meal is generally good - if you like that sort of thing
4. If you want a pool holiday - Esperidies would not be my number one choice (the Kassandra next door looked alright)
5. Insist on a high room in one of the central blocks
6. I think that the hotel is expensive for what it is
7. I liked Skiathos, but would go back to a villa (or Lindos!) next time

A great stay

by TripAdvisor Member Razestar

Just got back from Esperides and had to write a review as I used this site as a bible while trying to find a resort for a week for myself, my husband and my not so well travelled but fussy 60 year old Aussie parents.

Overall the place is fantastic. We were really, really happy with it especially the food. All of us were so impressed with the choice, some Greek variety as well as other stuff to please most tastes. The Mousaka was great.

There were no flies while we were there (time of year?), we had no leaky plumbing and aside from the twin beds (being newly married I would have preferred a double bed) the rooms were really comfortable, being cleaned and mopped every day. Would have preferred British MTV over German though...

Would recommend hiring a motor boat for the day to travel around the outside of the island. We found gorgeous little caves that we snorkelled in and Lalaria was magnificent. We got there about 12 and the last of the charter boats full of people was just leaving so we pretty much had the beach to ourselves. It really felt like paradise.

One last thing, get up at 6.30 one morning to watch the sunrise. Beautiful over the hills and water. If you want nice relaxing beach, nice pool (we got sunbeds whenever wanted funnily enough except at 9am in the morning but we swam in the ocean at that time), with optional excursions and water sports available and great food which is very filling, then this is a good choice.

Get away from the stresses of life!

by TripAdvisor Member Lynnanita

Just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel very relaxed and chilled out!

The room was quite good, have stayed in better, but the important thing to us was that it was clean and comfortable. We paid extra for a sea view and it was worth it to have such stunning views from our balcony.

The room was cleaned every day with fresh linen and towels if required by friendly maids. The staff were very polite and did an excellent job. They are very friendly if you took the time to chat to them - we found the girls in the bar by the beach really nice, very helpful and really chatty.

The beach was lovely, kept very clean by the attendants. The sea was incredible, beautiful and clear and very warm. It can get a little crowded at the front, but it was August!

The food was o.k. but at times everything seemed to taste the same. Yes, there was alot of choice, but not always things we would choose to eat. I didn't like the lack of fresh fruit at breakfast, instead it was tinned with some cut up apple and there was no fresh juice, just squash, or if it was juice from a carton it was watered down!

Don't let this put you off though, because I would stay here again. Overall we had a fabulous time, it was so relaxing and Skiathos is a beautiful place with stunning scenery.

Relaxing!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Asdashirl

A really lovely hotel. If your looking for a relaxing holiday this is the place to stay. Pool a little too small, but who needs it when there's a beach so close to hand. There are a lot of small beaches only accessible by boat so hiring one out for a day is good for this and great fun too. The Asprolithos Taverna, near the top of the row of shops in Skiathos Town, is a really good restuarant, value for money and great hospitality.

Comments