Marina Apartments

Water SportsWater Sports

Travel Tips for Skiathos

Famous Beach

by Jannice48

Lalaria beach is at the North end of the Island and is only accessible by boat. It is a very pebbly beach. Boat trips run daily from Skiathos and can be caught from the old harbour. When you walk along the old harbour at night all the boat owners are in competition with each other trying to get you to book for the next morning. The beach has a number of rocks sticking out into the sea, and as you can see from photo that one has a big hole in it. It is very popular for visitors to swim throught this hole and apparantly there is another hole next to it but it is beneath the surface of the water and if you are a good swimmer it is no problem for you to swim through this hole also. This is the beach that made Skiathos renown. You can admire all the shades of blue starting from the palest where the surf crashes, to the dark indigo of the sea. Equip yourselves with a drink as there are neither umbrellas nor canteens there

Skiathos

by 1Ailsa

"Skiathos"

Skiathos is a fantastic Island to visit, perfect for lazy days and crazy nights!!

It was a case of good luck that I came across Skiathos . I was meant to be on my way to Kavos in Corfu, on a 18-30! but once arriving at the airport I was told that I had missed my flight!!.... yeah I had turned up a day to late!!! So willing to take anything I was offered I was told that there was a free space on a flight to Skiathos. I didn’t know where the hell that was but at the time I wasn’t too bothered. There was know way I was going back home without a holiday!! The embarrassment!
Anyway I booked up the flight with my spending money from the previous! I was also told before hand that Skiathos was a very small, quite island with hardly any nightlife, to be honest they didn’t make it out to be very nice at all! So the whole way there I was worrying and thinking “What kind of hell hole am I going to end up in!”
I set foot of the plane in Skiathos, and knew I hadn’t arrived in a hell hole….I had arrived in Paradise!

See my Skiathos nightlife for my info on this beautifull island.

Comments