Troulos Bay Hotel

Troulos Bay, Greece

More about Troulos Bay Hotel

Set in a beautiful valley

by Christine123 about Villa Angela, Aselinos

Villa Angela sits in a beautiful valley with stunning views. Surrounded by forest and gardens, it is the ideal place to stay if you want peace and quiet and yet it is only a short walk, around 8 minutes, to the lovely clean beach of Aselinos. You do need a car as the nearest shops are 5 minutes drive in Troulos and Skiathos Town is around 15 minutes.

The accommodation has around 12 rooms, with your own small kitchen and private bathroom. There is a restaurant and bar, and breakfast is included in the price of the holiday, as is a car. There is also a large swimming pool. Evening meals can be provided but there is no menu as such. Pasquale will tell you each morning what his mother will be cooking that night should you wish to book.

Villa Angela is run by Pasquale Padula and his parents, a lovely family who will truly look after you. For a relaxing and peaceful holiday, I would highly recommend Aselinos and Villa Angela. Villa Angela was exceptionally good value for money. For a family of 2 adults and a 15-year daughter sharing a room for two weeks we paid just £500 which included breakfast and a car. We paid a little extra to change the car for a jeep. Flights were on top but this was one of the cheapest and best value for money holidays I have ever had in a stunning location.

A Family Easter Feeling in a Paradise of Colors

by marios56 about Villa Angela, Aselinos

Wanted to visit Skiathos first time for Easter being the closest island to mainland but got scared of the prices of the few accommodation available at this early Season. Found Villa Angela who seemed very reasonable and available. Living in outskirts of Athens were sceptical of the isolation of the place on the North of the Island and the quality of the services for this low price and season ... after a new round of calls ... close-ups with Google Earth ... but mostly on the tip of Christine (see separate tip) ... I said to my wife ... "the place is a paradise" ... Packed the kids and bicycles and started ... by that time about 10 more (friends & kids) decided to follow us.

The expectation came more than true immediately upon arrival ... the kids were playing till late badminton in the openness in fantastic mixture of smells of the misty spring evening. From the first minutes we knew that we’d make little use of the double room apt. available to us.

In spite the facility was in preparation for the Season, our biggest problem was the exceptional professionalism of the lovely people running the place (strange for many Greeks), which took us many days to relax (and Pasquale to take off his tie).

Giovanni the father a lovely professional Italian Cook and Angela his wife they had a surprise for us for every meal in tastes and servings that makes it very difficult for us to adjust coming back to the simple family cooking. The vegetables were cut in the morning from the garden in the back (my favourites: salads from green grown in the wild), and the eggs from chickens that you knew by name.

Shortly our lives quests and owners got mixed in a very pleasant way that filled up any spare moment making us feeling good even when our other friends had to leave.

10 days for us, of still remaining alive in our minds wanting us to go back soon. Sitting at the porch, in an endless listening to the sounds and feeling the air of blooming Spring, or laying @ Aselinos "a-beach-for-you" in the company of goats and seagulls. Outstanding Service and Hospitality very good-value-for-money.
Our Stay for approx. 10 days cost us at the hotel appr. 600 EUR all inclusive (2+2 kids).
Very few houses in the total valey which is full with olive & pine trees with a small creek running thru to the sea.
Ideal place for Children, much room to play outside, easy and safe access for them to the sea, many biking routes (we loved the sunset at Port of Xerxis), enjoyed extreme biking tricks to a nearby moto-cross field.
Clear waters for fishing.
No stores in the area (nearest SM about 2.5 km @ Troulos) but who needs it ???
From services the only lack we noticed was TV in the rooms which is in the planning.
Internet access I had thru the office of Pasquale and via GSM, but soon (this year) they will have access in the rooms.
August with its North Winds could be a problem being North of the Island but the beach is safe (no stones) even for rough sea swimming. The sand is golden contrary to other beaches on the island.

I believe the place is fantastic off-season and the people at Angela contribute to that. We appreciate the recommendation of Christine for helping us live this nice Easter and we want to pass this to others …

Best Authentic Greek Taverna in TROULOS

by poshtroika about KALYBI the L is actually a greek inverted V.

This has to be the little gem in Troulos, forget the rest go for the best.
plus points Small Menu, you know it will be fresh. Family run. Son does the serving, others the cooking.
Lovely little garden taverna about 15 tables.
We were a party of 14 adults plus 2 children.
All the starters were very good, Fried Courgettes, Fried Aubergines, Sakinaki, Gigantes, all seemed to be priced at 2 Euros.
The specials on the two nights we ate there were great, first Stuffed Squib, a large meaty dish not the little rings. The next time Stafardo excellent.
The house wine was very good.
Total Bill for 14 adults 2 children for Wine, Retsina, beers Starters mains and treats for children (the adults were full when it came to desert) Total 171 Euros. (split between the adults about 13 euros a head less than 10 pounds) what a great place. All on the plates were cleared and between us probably had every item on the menu.
Pork Chop (must have extra large pigs), steaks even better and cooked as requested. Mixed grill enormous, Masaka to die for. All dishes are great.

Skiathos

by Christine123

"Skiathos"

Skiathos is as close to paradise as you can get. It is one of three Sporades islands, situated in the northwest Aegean sea. It is only 12km from one end of the island to the other. There are over 60 beaches. The more popular beaches are on the south coast where the majority of tourist accommodation is located. The island has one proper road which runs the whole length of the south side of the island, and has a regular bus service until late at night.

The North coast has some of the best unspoilt beaches due to their remote locations, many of which can only be reached by jeep or boat.

I first visited Skiathos in 1986 and promptly returned the following year. It was a beautiful island then and when I returned with my family in 2005, I found the same cosmopolitan island full of warm and friendly people.

Skiathos Town is very picturesque and typically Greek with narrow streets, mostly traffic free which rise up and around the hill that the town sits upon. It is the life and soul of the island. There are tavernas to suit all tastes but avoid the harbour where the food is not the best and is the most expensive.

Something worth mentioning is the airport at Skiathos. It has a famously short runway. As you descend, only the sea is visible with the runway ending just before the beach! This makes for an exiting touch down. Consequently there is a stop at Thessaloniki or Volos to top up with fuel as the plane is not able to take off with enough fuel to return to the UK.

"Where to Stay"

We actually chose to stay in Aselinos on the north coast. A beautiful valley with stunning scenery but within driving distance of Skiathos Town. Aselinos beach is quiet with not too many visitors other than the daily boat trips which stop there. We stayed at Villa Angela, an 8 minute walk from the beach and a 20 minute drive into Skiathos Town. The nearest village of Troulos was 5 mins. I can highly recommend Villa Angela. Run by Pasquale and his parents, there are 12 rooms set around a good sized pool. Breakfast and a jeep were included in the price. More under Accommodation.

Victoria Complex Apartments in Troulos..

by X_Beckk

Hi everyone :)
I am going to skiathos on the 24th July until the 8th August this year, and I am staying in the Victoria Complex with my best friend and our families. Is anyone else going around this time, and if you are, do you know if the weather is likely to be good?
Thanks, Beck x

Re: Victoria Complex Apartments in Troulos..

by mariamaraki

Hallo!!!!!!!
The weather at this time in Athens is about 30 degrees and it is going to be higher.I am sure that it will be very hot at those days in skiathos and if it is going to rain that happens not more that one or two days.I am sure you will enjoy a good weather!

Pool Tables in Skiathos

by whisper50

Hi,

Been to Skiathos a few times my hubby & I but this year my 2 sons & fiances are coming with us and they like a few games of pool & a beer when it gets too hot around 2pm can anyone tell me where I will find one near to a beach. We normally go to Achladies, Paraskevi or Troulos Beach.....
The ladies will bask in sun and leave the boy to the toys..............

Re: Pool Tables in Skiathos

by StefanosS

check this page:

Re: Pool Tables in Skiathos

by whisper50

Hi,

There is nothing written on your reply to my forum..............

Skiathos Budget accomodation

by Skipka

Hi people, if you know about good cheap accomodation on Skiathos near the Koukounaries beach or so, give me the hint please :) I would like to go there in September and prefer home accomodation such as room or studio renting from a single family, not hotel. Anyone knows about something? I have browsed through skiathos official site but didn't like anything there so this link is not helpful for me :)

by tak_pap

You can try at these:

a) "VILLA NIKOS" at Koukounaries, Skiathos, tel.: 2427049291 (Apartments)

b) "KARAVOS" tel 2427049356 Hotel B
"MANDRAKI" tel.: 2427049301 Hotel B
"MOUSSES" tel.: 2427049438
Hotel B
"LIMNI" tel.: 2427049362 C Hotel
"VASSILIAS BEACH" tel.: 2427022003 C Hotel

Takis

by Bladerunner36

Cheap Accommodation in september is never a problem try Marias villas in troulos ( 5 minutes by bus to koukonaries) she always has cheap rooms with showers to let. My friend and and i also go in september its a great island good luck.

by 1Ailsa

There is an amazing hotel called the Aganadi, its not far from koukounaries, its got the best views in skiathos, and massive pool and the friendliest staff in the world, its also fairly cheap you must go there its great!!

Comments