Hotel Flisvos

Satisfaction Poor

More about Kalamata

Moving to Analypsi 12km outside Kalamata

by BONBON24

We are moving to Analypsi just outside Kalamata in May. We don't really know anything about the area or Kalamata, only what we have managed to pick up on the net...Has anyone been that can share there experiences? Good? Bad?? Downright terrible??We are young and would also like to know about the nightlife in Kalamata? Is there nightclubs?? Are the locals as friendly as everyone else in Greece usually is?? If you have any advice at all about travelling to this area this would also be very useful..Hope to hear from you soon!

Re: Moving to Analypsi 12km outside Kalamata

by greeceishome

Kalamata is great and we've had some good times there. The nightlife is ok in Winter and not exactly what I'd call thrilling in summer but there are plenty of bars and places to go

If you can fly down rather than take the bus from Athens - that's one hell of a journey!

by VegetarianSecretary

I worked at a resort in Analypsi last summer and also spent 3 weeks holidaying/travelling around the area afterwards. I would say that the area is quite varied with some tiny little villages and then you have the quite cosmopolitan Kalamata.

The nightlife in Kalamata is pretty OK actually. There is a really cool bar (Bar Aquatic or something) which is open-air (although it also feels like you're inside!) with a swimming pool. Really good fun, if a little packed in summer (with Greeks, generally not tourists).

by VegetarianSecretary

Darn thang cut me off! OK, I didn't find the locals particularly friendly to be honest but it really just depends on the people you come across. I had an iffy experience with a taxi driver who had a knife so beware of that! If you want to know more about that, I'll tell you, I just don't want to scare you too much!

There are plenty of lovely places to explore in the area, I drove to places such as Pylos, Koroni, Methoni, Olympia, Ancient Messinia (not a lot to see in my opinion), Stoupa (the Mani). Just driving around is an experience...so beautiful.

And there is nothing that beats a Messinian sunset. Every night, over the sea, the best sunsets I have ever seen.

I think you will enjoy the area. You have all the quaint traditional villages but you also have the upmarket boutiques of Kalamata.

Can I ask why you moving out there? I'm just curious! If you have any other specific questions, please so not hesitate to contact me.

Sarah

by WillAntoniou

kalamata is a beautiful friendly place. i hope to have my own house there someday.

I honestly can't think of a negative thing about Kalamata.

Comments