Brascos

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• dzagoda's Profile Photo

Beauty of Rethymnon

I've been to Crete in july 2005. We stayed in Brascos hotel in Rethymno.
    Rooms are comfortable and clean. Cleaning ladys are doing their job properly.
    Girls on the reception were great. Serviceable, pleasant. The rest of the stuff is great too.
    You can pay for your own safe.
    Hotel offers some organized happenings. One day of the week is Roof bar night, when you can get one free coctail. Barman is very cute ;)
    I recomend this hotel to young couples, and young crew. The ones that do not get anoyed by loudness, distance from the beach, etc...

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel is not so good. Cars, skuters, trucks are trafficing all day long, and most of the night too. Good thing about it is that balcon door are made from double layerd glass, so when the door is shut, the noise is almost all gone. Second bad thing about it's location is that its' distance from the beach. About 10-15 minutes walk to the city beach through the Old town of Rethymno. Althou, the walk is colorful, and impressive. Because the Old town is beautiful. And you can never get bored browsing and exploring it.
    Hotel have a small pool, not so much for swimming. But it's great if you are detained from going to beach, or just want to have some sun. The pool is closed in the night...
    Good thing is the view from the hotel roof, wich is just stunning! You can see most of Rethymno town. Brascos have a roff bar, and it is nice and comfotable. The other good thing is that the Old town is near, and so are restaurants, supermarkets, curch, basketball court, park...

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Hotel Brascos - Rethymnon

Rethymno is a big, noisy city, and the only real tourist attractions there are all within the old city. Hotel Brascos is close to the old city (just about a block north of it), and well within walking distance, but it's situated on a loud and busy intersection. The only reason I stayed there rather than somewhere in the old city is that I got a really good deal on the room through a travel agency (just 33 Euros per night for two people, including breakfast). I believe the normal rate is quite a bit higher than that.

If I ever go back to Rethymno I'll definitely stay somewhere inside the old town because that's where everything is and it's also a lot quieter, but Hotel Brascos was just fine for our short stay. As long as you don't mind the traffic and the short walk to the old town it's a good place to stay.

Unique Quality: The room itself was nothing special, but it was fine, and we really didn't expect much for such a low price. Our air conditioner did not work the first night, but they did fix it before our second night. Otherwise our stay was just fine. The hotel is nicer than I thought it would be, and the breakfast buffet (included in the room price) was outstanding. The breakfast alone made it worth staying there.

Directions: One block east of the Public Gardens and one block north of the old town.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Hotel Brascos

Rethymno is a big, noisy city, and the only real tourist attractions there are all within the old city. Hotel Brascos is close to the old city (just about a block south of it), and well within walking distance, but it's situated on a loud and busy intersection. The only reason I stayed there rather than somewhere in the old city is that I got a really good deal on the room through a travel agency (just 33 Euros per night for two people, including breakfast). I believe the normal rate is quite a bit higher than that.

Directions: One block east of the Public Gardens and one block south of the old town.

More about Brascos

Makri Steno

by AcornMan about Makri Steno

When I was researching places to stay in Rethymno before my trip one of my top choices was Makri Steno because it was inexpensive (35 Euros per night for two people with en suite shower and toilet) and it's located inside the old city. When I was walking around I happened to find it, and based on its location and what I could see through the front door it looked like a great place. In fact, I wish I had stayed there rather than Hotel Brascos because it's on a nice quiet side street and it's very close to all the major sights in the old town. If I ever go back to Rethymno I'll definitely stay here.

Church at Platio Martiron

by AcornMan

I don't even know what the name of this church is, nor do I know anything about it. But it's the nicest church I saw in Rethymno and it's very easy to find because it is situated at the east end of the Platia Martiron, a little square just outside the old city to the north. If you exit the old city by walking through the gate called the Porta Guora and turn to your left you can't miss it. And if you stay at Hotel Brascos you'll walk right past it every time you visit the old city.

Hotel Brascos question

by AcornMan

I found a good rate at Hotel Brascos in Rethymnon. If you know anything about this place please tell me what you thought of it. Thank you.

RE: Hotel Brascos question

by Spincat

It isn't in the really quaint bit of old Rethymnon, but it is very near to everything you could want to visit. It gets a good write up in Rough Guide but I've not stayed there myself.

Comments