2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Booking.com Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 130% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Camari Garden Apartments

Loved Camari gardens!

What can i say......Camari Gardens is compleately brilliant! With lovely staff who look after your every need! With excellent appartments, pools and entertainment! You couldn't ask for anything more! This will be me and my families fourth year going to camari! Once you go there you can't get enough!

fantastic

Just reurned from Camari Gardens, it was just as everyone had said. Peaceful, very clean, very well run, very friendly. We had a fantastic time it was just a shame it was only one week! Our teenage kids really enjoyed it, they made friends (as did my hubby and i). The family who run Camari gardens were brilliant nothing was too much trouble, even on our last day they were there to say bye. The only advice i would give is to take taxi to and from the airport, either book through travel agent (£65.00 return) or through Camari Gardens (70 euros one way) Coach takes about 2 hours 45 mins and taxi is about 1 hour 15 mins. We cant wait to go back and looking to book direct next year.

Fantastic atmosphere

Camari Gardens is a fantastic family apartments, great welcome, great with kids, entertainment and food fabulous. Went whilst six months pregnant, they looked after my every needs. Would highly recommend. You wont be sorry you booked, will have a great time just starying around the pool relaxing. My six year old had the time of his life roaming around the secured apartments with his new found friends.

What a Fantastic Place

We didnt want to leave! The friendly and helpful nature of the whole Nikolakakis family is second to none. The apartments are very pretty and very well maintained.

The bar/resturant is the perfect place to chill out after a day in the sun and is also a great place to eat.

If you want a relaxing holiday you really dont need to ventre out of camari gardens - we had a really great time and have recommended to lots of friends already. We would definately go back without hesitation.

Fran and Stu

Lovely relaxing holiday

I have just returned from a two week stay at the Camari Gardens. Having booked on the Monday and flown on the Tuesday i felt confident (having read some of the reviews) that i too would have a lovely relaxing holiday and i did! On the coach from the airport (long trip - get a taxi for 70 euros) i looked at some other accommodation and did the usual will ours be better etc and started to think we'd be too far out of the resort - but when we arrived and saw the friendliness and helpfulness of the family and the cleanliness and immaculate surroundings i was thrilled. We were able to ask at reception for a taxi into the main resort area - costing 8 euros.
We enjoyed spending nights at the accommodation and in the resort. Both had great food and reasonable prices. There were greek nights, quiz nights and karaoke nights at the accommodation and the quality of the accommodation was so good that you couldn't hear anything outside from a cricket to karaoke! - with doors and windows closed (Air con. 5 euros per day)
I would recommend this accommodation to anyone and am thinking i might grab the odd week (or six!) there in the future.
I've never reviewed anything before but felt this lovely place warranted it and so i hope that speaks volumes.
Thanks to all the family and apologies to Michael and Spike for keeping the bar open late!!!

Loved the Archers and Lemonade!!!!

Me and my sister have literally just got back from Camari Gardens where we stayed for a week, it was the first time we have been to Crete and we didn't know what to expect, wish I had stayed for another week, and to be honest, I didn't want to leave!!! Rooms were immaculate, there were two pools, one at the top and one at the bottom, and the bar was open all hours, and I mean all hours, had a few nights where people weren't leaving until 4-5 in the morning!!! Saturday night was where we drank the bar dry of Archers and Lemonade, very reasonably priced as the whole night's bill only came to 90 euros, that included full evening meal as well as about 25 drinks!!!

The exceptional point has to be the staff, ESPECIALLY MICHAEL, ALEXI and NIKOS!!! We were in the bar every night and got to make friends with these guys, Michael is a good laugh..he's only 17 and very cheeky..we asked him for drinks and he has a habit of laughing at you and them walking away, or flicking water all over you!!! Got a few free drinks from Alexi, really nice guy and takes an interest in you as a person, he's a good laugh, and Nikos, what can I say! Spent most of the nights chatting away to him, really great guy, will miss him!! I think this family basically made the holiday, didn't really feel the need to go into Rethymnon Town as everything was there at the hotel, nights were great at the bar and there were a lot of 'characters' there, especially Dawn from Wales who we met and who basically didn't leave the bar until 4 am haha!!!

We will be definitely returning this time next year and we are thinking of staying 2-3 weeks as one week was definitely not enough, will be good to see the guys and the family again, counting the weeks already!!!

The best holiday ever!!!!!

I will definatly be returning to this brilliant place,me and my partner had a really good time, the rooms are five star,the bar/restaurant, and the entire family are so helpfull and friendly. its only a bus ride to the next town, very cheap to get about. there are some beautiful places to visit, we walked the samaria gorge while we were there, the most amazing views i have ever seen!! Take some good walking boots if this place is on your agenda.

Flipping Brilliant!

This place is fantastic!

My husband and I stayed here in October and were very impressed with the staff, food, cleanliness of rooms, size of rooms etc. We had a great holiday (weather could have been better but we expected a few showers in October).

There is a shop built into the complex which stocks everything from suncream to fruit and veg. It was a joy to use the shop every day and create our own breakfast and lunch using the self catering facilities in our apartment (which consisted of a fridge, freezer, 2 hot plate rings, sink, crockery, pans etc.

We went into town every night (stayed for a week) we gt a taxi there and back everytime which was ordered for us through reception. It is far too far away to walk (also a very busy and sometimes highly dangerous road) it takes about 10 mins in a taxi.

Would go back but maybe would hire a car to get ourselves around.

Great Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member greenmedic

My brother and I stayed here for one week on our first trip to Crete. The complex is well sited away from the main coast road and is well maintained. The housekeeping service is excellent with clean linen every other day. The family proprietors are attentive and welcoming.
Our apartment was situated near to the bar/ restaurant but we were not disturbed by the music. The restaurant serves fresh and appetising meals but you can also self-cater.
I'd advise hiring a car as the hotel is outside of town and there are some great places to explore on the island.

Great Place

Lovely hotel/apartments with great pools, bar and restaurant. Staff were very friendly and rooms cleaned every day except sunday with clean bedding every other day. The staff are superb and the Greek Night is well worth stopping back for! Lots of Ouzo, wine and dancing!! We were a little sceptical with all the good reviews but this place really can not be faulted at all!

Comments