Lenox Hotel

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Samos

Samos - wild flowers along the walking trailsSamos - wild flowers along the walking trails

Agia Matrona - throne of the principalityAgia Matrona - throne of the principality

Ayia Zoni (St. Zoni) MonasteryAyia Zoni (St. Zoni) Monastery

Villa KambosVilla Kambos

Anyone stayed at the Anthis Apartments

by Russ60

We are travelling to Pythagorian in Samos in 2004 and would appreciate any advise and opinions particularly on the Anthis Apts just outside Pythagorian.

by slarnach

Hi there,
I don't know the apartments you mention but when i stayed in Pythagorian i had a fantastic time. I thought it was a lovely town, really beautiful and not too many noisy nightclubs - just some lively bars and restaurants on the harbour. lucky you!

by Russ60

Thankyou for your advice could you tell me when you were there, and what the prices were like, we go to the Greek Islands a lot and we were unpleasantly surprised earlier this year in Kefalonia at the cost of everything I think it must be due to the Greeks now being in the Euro.
Thanks
Russ

by slarnach

Well, we went in 2001before the euro was introduced so i couldn't really say - at the time everything seemed pretty reasonable.
sarah :)

by TONY16

YASSOO RUSS.
ME AND THE FAMILY WENY TO SAMOS LAST YEAR AND STOPPED I THE ANTHIS, I'TS FANTASTIC THE BEST HOLIDAY WE HAVE HAD I GREECE GOING AGAIN I MAY 04.
YOU'LL HAVE A BALL.
SAY HI TO COSTAS AT THE BAR, HE MAKES HIS OWN WINE AND OLIVE OIL.
GET BACK IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE.

by janiceandsteve

Hi Russ,
We are also staying at the Anthis in June, we may see you there!!. We have been to lots of diferent islands in Greece - Santorini last year - which was totally gorgeous!! Expecting similar from Samos.

by Helen40

My friend and I are staying at the Anthis in June 2004. This the 4th year running that I have been to Samos - something keeps drawing me back there. I havent stayed at the Anthis before but at the Evelin and Melissa - both nearby, small and friendly. Pythagoria is an easy stroll - about 25 minutes and Taxis can be flagged down on the road to get to it and at a taxi rank down on the harbour to get back.

by janiceandsteve

Hi Russ,
Wondering if you have been to Samos yet? If so, please let us know how you got on. We are going on 24.6, can't wait!!!

by MaBerr

have just returned from anthis thanks for info helped alot we liked the place that much going back next year

by Russ60

No problem pleased you had a good time heres to the next holiday!!!
Yammas
Russ

Travel Tips for Samos

Open Air Dining

by mazzap about Tavern Maritsa

A nice setting with a good, lively atmosphere.

The food was fairly average really, nothing special. Also the service was a bit erratic - a lot of wait staff but nobody seemed to be around at the right time or in any hurry to help when needed!

Nice for the al fresco pretty garden setting, but wouldn't say the food was anything to rush there for. During the daytime, the octopus catch of the day can be seen hanging out to dry - see pic. We had typical Greek bbq meats & a pasta dish between us - all pretty ordinary.

Samos - green and welcoming!

by maritagnes

"Love at first sight with Pithagorio"

My daughter and I spent a lovely week in Pithagorio this spring, and we both enjoyed every minute of our trip. I just knew from the first moment that I was going to enjoy this place, and I'll definitely go back.

Comments