Grand Hotel Palace

TravelDetails's Profile Photo

A multi-carat diamond!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 20, 2014

During a short 2-days stay for business in Thessaloniki, the second largest city of Greece, I got the opportunity to experience for a couple of days a five-star hotel in my very own hometown! I live in the suburbs for years, just a one-hour drive away and I carry out my business appointments without any trouble at all. There was no need for me to spend the night in the city ever, until a pre-arranged appointment quite late at night and an early one the very next morning, left me no choice but to find a good hotel and spend the night in the city, no hard at all in my line of work!
So I chose to stay at the Grand Hotel Palace Thessaloniki, a downtown hotel, currently celebrating its 10th year in business! The hotel is built close to the west entrance of the city of Thessaloniki, and is quite impressive at the very first look!
A hotel gets five stars not only by the comfort and luxury of the rooms and public spaces that it offers. To me, the most important fact to this line of business and the key to success is the quality of service! The Grand Hotel Palace of Thessaloniki won me over not just for its excellent accommodation, but also by the high level of service it offers. In short, whatever you order or need is brought to you in a few minutes!
Staying overnight at the hotel, although tired from my business meetings, I had a short relaxing break outside my daily routine that truly helped me to recharge my batteries!
From the first moment I walked into the hotel lobby, I felt quite comfortable. It is large and welcoming to the guests at the very first glance! The reception is bright and impressive, the Marco Polo Bar within the lobby, bright and welcoming! The staff was excellent and willing to offer their service!
The room I stayed in was very clean, and nicely furnished, the balcony with an impressive extended view of the city. A welcoming fruit platter waits in every room and I truly enjoyed sleeping in a bed that was wide and comfortable! So, despite the fact I was in the city for business, I also managed to relax for a while and have some personal moments of peace and relaxation!
I swam in the indoor pool, enjoyed my coffee and read my newspaper at the Marco Polo Bar and of course I didn’t miss to taste the specialties at the Leonardo da Vinci restaurant of the hotel! All this helped me get away from the strenuous intensity of professional appointments that I had in those days, and feel like I was on a short vacation even though I was on a business trip! Everything was great, revitalizing! At first opportunity offered, I’ll stay there again for certain!

Unique Quality: Indoor swimming pool
Restaurant
Cafe bar
Health Club

Never again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2009

Rooms are very small and not up to standard of five star hotel. Hotel staff was horrible and charged me four beers drank in the lobby bar. I never drank these beers but they refused to return me my money. Someone just gave my room number and I end up paying the bill. The staff considered this to be my problem not theirs.

Unique Quality: View was quite horrible far away from city centrum

Nearby Grand Hotel Palace

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Thessaloniki Travel Forum

Need advice about Thessaloniki, Greece? Visit the Travel Forum for Thessaloniki and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Thessaloniki hotel reviews