Hotel Rotonda

Costs 37% less but rated 17% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Thessaloniki

ChristiannaChristianna

Thessaloniki Plateia Trion SymahonThessaloniki Plateia Trion Symahon

te view of the cityte view of the city

Fokas F+ Card

by Sergio_Tachinni

I've read on this forum that I can get a Fokas F+ card and have some adventages with it when I shop in the F-Fokas stores. But because I don't live in Thessaloniki, I'd like to know how can I get this card and what adventages will I have with it. I would appreciate any help regarding this questions. Thanks ahead .

Fokas F+ Card

by INSULARIUS

Fokas Department Stores are not only in Thessaloniki!There are in: Athens, Volos, Corfu and some other Greek cities that I do not remember.

The Fokas Card is useful, provided that you are going to do a lot of shopping in said department stores!To get F-Card is very easy: you have just to fill the form, available at all Fokas Stores and it is free of charge.

More information on: www.fokas.gr

Re: Fokas F+ Card

by greekcypriot

As the previous member mentioned it is the easiest thing to do.
Just ask for the card when you get to the store. It costs nothing, and they will be glad to give it to you. However if you are not planning to buy many things from this store I don't see the use of it.
I once had such card but I could not use it properly because almost all the time there is an offer. I had the impression that if I have the card I can get a further discount from the card but I was told that when there are offers we cannot use the cards.
Last year I bought a very nice dress from Fokas. It was nice and I felt good in it. I washed it with cold water just as the instructions said, and suddenly the colours on it were spread all over. I could not believe it. (It was from Morocco). I took it back and I was told to buy something else with the same amount. I could not find anything that would suit me then, and I had 3 weeks to buy or lose my money.
I was told from the girls working there that nearly all ladies who bought that dressess brought them back!
Focas is not so popular after all! Beware of labels with the word -Morocco!

Travel Tips for Thessaloniki

Soaking up the bad weather

by IoannaE

To most Northern Europeans, the Thessaloniki climate will appear very generally pleasant and sunny, especially if they visit in the (hot) summer.
But to a southern Greek like myself, Thessaloniki represents the North, its winters colder and foggier than those of Athens or the Peloponnese.

However, I don't count this among the city's disadvantages. In bad weather I love to walk along the seafront, well wrapped up in my greatcoat against the damp. Everyone is sitting inside the cafes rather than loudly occupying the pavement, the few(er) cars are proceeding cautiously, and the clouds seem to envelope the city in a soothing grey.... Bad weather best enjoyed in November during the Thessaloniki Film Festival - screenings take place in former port warehouses, so you're well placed for a stroll....
Be warned, November weather may also be bright and sunny, with not a raindrop in sight.

Foreign consulates in Thess@

Consulate of the Ukraine
179 K. Karamanli Street Thessaloniki Tel : 2310 319715

Mikri Volvi

by traveloturc

In the north of Thessalonik there is a small but very beautiful lake and if you want to enjoy the view you can visit a small cafe with the name La scala in the lake side.
the coffee is fantastic and the view of the lake with many ducks and animals are superb ...try it
you can even find a very old coffee grinding machine on the spot

connecting the airport and the KTEL bus station

by magdaki

After repetitive questions in the forums, i thought this should be a tip of its own..

Bus No 78 operates between the airport and the bus (KTEL) station, and it stops at the train station as well. You will need to cross the whole city from south-east to north -west and depending on the time and the day the ride should take between 40mins to an hour. The buses leave every half hour. You can check the bus timetables at www.oasth.gr

my opinion is to use bus78, instead of a taxi, it will take a bit extra time (but not that much), and it will be so much cheaper.the bus ticket costs 50cents prepaid and 60 on the bus, while the taxi will cost you something between 20-40 euros (i only assume, i have never taken this ride on a taxi). Plus, i tend not to trust greek taxi drivers with foreign travelers. I'm sure it's a minority that has given the profession a bad name, but there are a lot of incidents of rip-offs.

A Chicken Eaters Paradise

by dimilag about XALARO Restaurant

I strongly advice you to visit the XALARO restaurant. Actually its not one but two reataurants in a distance of 100m from each other. It is a perfect place for a chicken eater. Almost the all of its menu is made from chicken and only two or three dishes are for the meat loves. No vegeterian. I adore this restaurant. Its portions are big, juicy and substantial. On Saturdays and Sundays noon be ready to wait a while for a free table because a lot of the locals, like me, have this restaurant as one of their favourites. Chicken Fillet, Roulades.

Comments