65 I Dragoumi St, Thessaloniki, Macedonia Region, 54630, Greece

Booking.com Priceline.com

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

Budget Comfort

The Pella is not a luxury hotel - but then again if you're traveling budget you shouldn't be expecting something posh. The rooms are basic, with TV and air conditioning and also their own bathrooms. They are generally quiet, although sometimes you get the standard interior patio noise of any building in a European city. The Hotel is outside the city centre only slightly (its near the Alcazar and about a 10 minute walk to the Modiano Market). Breakfast can be purchased at the hotel for 6 euro, or you can have something more traditional, like coffee and boughatsa, at one of the many, many bakeries near the hotel.

Unique Quality: The price - 36 euro a night for a single - is remarkable. Also, the hotel is clean and quiet, and quite near the main bus routes between the bus station/train station and the city centre.

Directions: Near the Alcazar off Egnatia

• You get what you pay for

The Hotel Pella is in a conveniant part of town if you are there for the film festival. That's why I booked a room there.

The room was very small, and to be honest not very nice. But it wasn't dirty or anything.

One thing that really bothered me about this hotel was that, one night I brought a friend with me to the hotel, and the hotel manager did not allow me to bring her to my room, because I was staying in a single. Now, call me crazy, but if you meet a girl or something, where are you supposed to take her?

Anyways, what do you expect for 36 euros a night?

Unique Quality: They have 1 computer with free internet.

Directions: Close to the limani

More about Pella Hotel

thessaloniki busses

by bolzee

Re- busses in Thes. I had to chuckle. Arrived in Thes last night out of Munchen and took the city bus into town (or part way). Started out fine but in not too long things slowed down considerably. It was very hot inside (November and cold stormy weather outside) and standing room only with a pack (no big deal though). Eventually going so slow that I figured by using the tourist street map and watching the street signs - (but most telling, observing for 20 minutes the unhurried guy walking same direction beside us keeping up and sometimes getting ahead)- that it would be quicker to bail and walk. So myself and a stranger that was a co-founder on board of the whiney overheated passengers club (we struck up a conversation) did just that and left that bus in the dust. All that said I'm at the Hotel Pella and would like to say that its a nice place with very nice staff, clean rooms and a nice breakfast layed out down stairs. I think its about as cheap and reasonable as a hotel will get here unless you go stay at the hostel which I'm told is a flea bag. Thats a shame for me as I like hostels. Thes has a some nice ancient/oldy/claudius slept here kinda sites and the Byzintine (I'm a spelling tard) museum was pretty cool and very well layed out. However Thes really seems to be more of a jumping off place for more interesting out of the way places. Ok, thats it. Hope its help to someone. Bolzee.

Meeting others

by thues

If anyone from here (living in Thessaloniki) have time and opportunity, it could be great to meeting you to a cup of coffe or something. I am in the city (at Pella Hotel) from may 15 in the late afternoon to may 22.

You can write me at my VT-mail or leaving a note on my VT-homepage. And thank you for your different advices about museums, music etc in an earlier question in this forum. Hope to se some of you some day - sooner or later...:-)

I am looking forward to my second visit to Thessaloniki and Greek Macedonia..:-)

Cheers