Kalambaka, Greece, Meteora, Greece

Satisfaction Terrible

• J_Antunes's Profile Photo

A family place in a picturesque area

I liked this place. I know it is basic, maybe a bit boring but I liked it. I stayed there in 2004. The family was quite nice: the old lady and its son; and the place was cheap. I found the monasteries and mountains wonderful but Kalambaka is not a beautiful town. But this place was next to a path to the monasteries in a corner far from the centre of the town and with a picturesque setting. It just felt good to be there at night contemplating the stars, hearing the bugs and looking at that amazing rocks that climb to the sky and that are just there at the door of the hostel.
    However last reviews I read of this place weren't very good. Maybe it has changed.

Unique Quality: The environment around the guesthouse and the price.

• triciadaouros's Profile Photo

Small Inn in Kalampaka/Meteora

I had a problem with Arthur the guy whose family owns this place, he was upset that I didn't call him the day before we came only the morning we arrived and he wouldn't let it go even when I openly admitted I made a mistake. That said his Mom was charming, the food at their taverna was simple and delicious. The inn itself was a great value and clean. I think there is only 4 rooms two with pvt. bath and two that share two baths.

Unique Quality: The Kokka Roka is at the base of the trail that takes you to Aghia Triada.

Directions: In the town of Kalampaka but other than that you need directions from the hotel

• FruitLover's Profile Photo

Home stay

Recommended by Lonely Planet.

The hostel has 6 rooms on 1st floor right above the tavern. The hostel is run by a nice Greek family who used to live in Australia and they speak English.
    The ground level is the tavern which serves breakast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper. The tavern has a fire place, decorated with old currencies from many countries around the world.
    The tavern expertized in lamb, chicken and beef; As a vegetarian I can't judge the taste.

My room was simple and clean. Room size is adequate and the bathroom is clean as well.

The owner is proud to show you the guest books.
    Internet is available for extra charge.

Unique Quality: If you are on a budget, or if 4-5 star hotels are not your style - Koka Roka is a good choice

• ethereal's Profile Photo

The best of the best

Alright, well first off they pick up personally from the train station or bus station and drive you to this perfect house surrounded by these massive rocks that are topped with the monastaries you proabably came to see. They have clean rooms, internet, home cooked meals, showers, laundry and the friendliest mum and son you'll meet. They're a home away from home.

Unique Quality: You get a room, for a really good price, with a belcony and an amazing view onto these giant rocks. It's quiet and really close to the center and the trail to the monastaries.

Directions: just call when you get there

Comments