Amorgos Island Hotels

Our Members Say

• mindcrime profile photo mindcrime
  • Reviews: 2825

BLUE HORIZON: clean rental rooms

Like in every greek island I prefer to stay in a simple room than to pay a lot of money to a high class hotel that has nothing to offer in reality. Who really needs a pool or a spa when you have the Aegean sea for free, who needs dinner in a hotel when you can try the local tasty food. There are many rooms to let everywhere in the island (Katapola, Chora, Aigiali or at some small villages) but I always prefer Aigiali as my base in the island.

Pension Blue Horizon is located between Aigiali and Kato Potamos actually, 5’ walk up from the port. Before 2000 when I first stayed there there was only one building but now they have more rooms because a second building was added.

I always ask for a room on first floor where you can relax at the balcony with a view over the port of Aigiali. Even from our bed we could have the sea in front of us (pic 2). The rooms are small and simple (bed, a closet, a small tv, 1-2 chairs) but they were cleaned daily and new towels were offered to us. The good thing was the kitchen which is fully filled with fridge, kitchen, plates and everything you need to prepare a meal on your own.

The prices are very low off season (in may 2010 was about 30euro per night but they double during july/august)

The owner (miss Antonia) was so friendly with us, she even brought us fresh eggs and pumpkin from her garden. She doesn’t speak English but usually her brother is around and will help you.

for information in English call: +306934245459

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 14, 2010

Pension BLUE HORIZON

• jongevos profile photo jongevos
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

pension titika: pension titika is one of the finest hotels

I do recommand titika pension for a lot of reasons; it's quite, it's clean, it's comfortable and the owners do a lot to make you feel fine. It's close to everything - beach restaurants bus station supermarkets. The price is very much depending on the time of the year and special holidays like eastern, but for us it was value for money!

see above

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 5, 2006

• Orkaena profile photo Orkaena
  • Reviews: 284

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

MARUSSA APTS: SIMPLE AND COMFY

Just arrived to Katapola Giannis introduced us to a friend of him, Panos, the owner-administrator of the Marussa apartmnents. Located at more or less 200 meters from the pier (to the north) the rooms are very simple and comfortables, almost full equipped, close to the sea and the restaurantes, bar, shopping, port area. .

The silence, intimacy, and the extraordinary hospitality and confidence (on us) of Panos. Half an hour before we left the island (6 in the morning) we were looking for him to pay the bill, he was sleeping and was impossible to get up him. We left the money behind the door of his bedroom. Incredible.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written March 24, 2006

Owner's pic (not mine)

• slaclau profile photo slaclau
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Yperia: Great hotel in Aegali

I stayed in Yperia for 5 days the last week of September. It was really great. The hotel is new, the rooms are large, very nice and well decorated. They all have balconies with a small table a a couple of chairs with a great view of the bay of Aegalis. The sunsets are incredible. My room had a very large bed, a sofa and two armchairs and a fridge. There's also plenty of closet space.

There is no lobby in the hotel whcih gives you much more independence and privacy. In any case Antonis the owner is just a about a block away at his family restaurant. You're just a block away from the port and the restaurants.

Antonis the owner was really helpful. He picked my up at the port of Katapola where the ferry left me. It's 20 miles away from Aegalis (There are also ferrys that stop at Aegalis but with less frequency). He also lent me his computer to check the internet (there's a computer you can use at a travel agency but its terribly expensive) and even downloaded my digital pictures when my memory stick filled up and posted them in a web page so I could access them when I got back home.

I paid 25 euros since it was just me but it's not much more expensive for two. This was the end of September so be prepared to pay more if you go in July or August (I think a double is 50 euros in high season).

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel
  • Written November 26, 2005
Tip Photo

View of Aegali bay from my balcony

• biloune profile photo biloune
  • Reviews: 27

Pension Delfini: A little hostel

Une hotesse charmante parlant grec, anglais et meme francais qui n'hesitera pas a vous faire decouvrir la region et a venir vous chercher et vous ramener au port, meme en pleine nuit... un veritable ange tombe du ciel!

A great hostess who speeks greek, english and even french. She never hesitates to show you this island and to pick up you at the port, even in the middle of the night... a real angel felt from the sky!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive