Anteliz Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

More about Anteliz Hotel

Anteliz just OK

by TripAdvisor Member chicagogirl77

I have to say that I somewhat agree with the previous reviewer. Our stay at Anteliz was just average, and did not live up to the expectations of the previous reviewers. I booked a studio room, and while knowing it would be smaller, did not think we'd have a room in a cave (I wonder if we had the same room as the previous reviewer). The room, was dingy, dark, and the shower was indeed tiny, with no shower curtain and a hand held hose, with a stopped up drain. The beds were just pushed together and we had a room with a 3rd bed, which made us feel like we were just thrown into a room. There were ants and bugs in the room. Also, we were right under the upper deck by the pool, so every morning around breakfast time, we could hear chairs and tables screeching. It was awful. I did mention something the moment I saw the room to the receptionist, and she just shrugged it off and said there were no other rooms. It was very UN-romantic, and not somewhere where I wanted to end my 8 day stay in Greece.
Also, you do have to walk a good city block up and down hills on coblestone to get this hotel, which no one informs you of until you get there. We were met by someone who worked at the hotel from our cab, but she did not offer help with bags, just walked away. While I sat at the pool one day, I saw a few people come to check in and everyone was very irratated about the walk, and not knowing where the hotel was! I understand its the location, and worth it, but a little forwarning would have been nice.
However, there were some positives. I only made it up in time for breakfast one day, and it was pretty good, I only had coffee and cookies, and both were delicious. Also, the hotel itself/pool area, is gorgeous and one of the best locations in Santorini. People were walking by and taking photos of the hotel. A beautiful place to watch the sunset.
The staff was pretty helpful otherwise, booking excursions, though we got the feeling they were just in charge of booking sunset cruises, etc, because when we asked specific questions, they did not know any answers to any of them.
If you do choose to stay at this hotel, pay the extra money to get one of the rooms with a balcony and jacuzzi. If I could do that again, I would. I advise to NOT stay in a studio, it contradicts how beautiful this hotel is.
Otherwise Santorini is gorgeous, and worth the visit!

Great time at Anteliz

by TripAdvisor Member campbejuSacramento

We stayed at the Anteliz in late May and had a wonderful stay. The staff was quite helpful and we met a ton of fellow travelers as we watched the sunset each night. I would reccommend asking for a room in the courtyard of the hotel as we stayed in a room below the hotel where path walkers could see in, but it was fine and Santorini is quite safe. I would reccommend contacting the hotel before you arrive so you can get directions, there are quite a few options to get to the hotel from the port. The breakfast, included in your stay, is nothing to write home about, but is a nice offering as many other hotels do not offer. The rooms are clean and the staff helpful.

Location, location, location

We stayed at the Anteliz Hotel in June and loved it. The location was perfect in Fira Stefani which is the crown of Fira so you are on the top of the island with the most gorgeous views. It was a 5 minute walk into Fira where the shops and restaurants are. Our room was a studio just off the pool area, Lina kept it very clean and we appreciated the little extras that were available like plates, wine glasses and cutlery for when we purchased food. LIberty and Sofia were always at hand to offer advice on places to eat and things to do and helpful in any way possible. The breakfast in the morning was great, fresh bread, jams and the best coffee I had during my 2 week stay in all of Greece. Santorini has very steep footpaths and there is no way of getting away from them. This means travel lightly! My husband had to carry our very big luggage from the area the cab driver (cab ride 13 euro) left us off at, to the entrance of the hotel. His arms were sore for 2 days.

Overall we had a great time in Santorini and really enjoyed the hotel. The pool was refreshing and the deck was an ideal place to relax both during the day and night.

Although not an expectation we would have of the hotel, when Olympic airlines went on strike the day we were supposed to fly back, it would have been really helpful if the staff had access to internet.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member sfstacya

We stayed 5 nights in mid-Jun. We stayed in one of the rooms without a balcony view. The room was nice, and the view from the pool/deck were stunning. Liberty, who is one of the women who manage the hotel site was wonderful and helped my husband and I numerous times to arrange dinner, car and excusion reservations.

The hotel is located in the middle of the footpath between Fira & Firostefani, which is only a 5 minute walk to either location. The hotel is so lovely that each morning when we ate breakfast on the patio numerous people would stop to take pictures of the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay and love to come back again.

Views to die for!

by TripAdvisor Member PammyJay

My boyfriend and I stayed at Anteliz at the end of our stay in Greece. Although the hotel has a fantastic pool/terrace area with magnificent views of the sunset, I would not recommend this hotel to loving couples or honeymooners. We found that many families stay here with children, and because the pool/terrace area is very cosy, children were constantly taking over the area supervised or unsupervised...leading to an unrelaxing and unromantic time!

The rooms were very clean. We were happy to have had room 4 which was a bigger studio and tastefully furnished with a nice king size bed. I have to agree with previous reviews about the poky bathroom, where the shower head came up to my shoulder which made my shower experience interesting.

We have mixed feelings about the service at the hotel. In some instances they offered extra services that were beyond the norm. Also Liberty and Sofia's suggestions for eating out were superb. However we did encounter some strange situations where we would ask for something, and it would not be delivered even though other staff were informed of the request. On the day of check out, the service was really lacking and I did notice the same thing happened to other couples on their last day.

A great time

by TripAdvisor Member Kosh9

My partner and I stayed at the Anteliz in late july-the staff was great they were very helpfull and very very welcoming...our room was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable..One of the best features of the hotel was the pool after a day of sightseeing it was great to plunge in and cool off .The views were amazing and the location perfet if you want a little tranquility in a very busy island .

Don't book the studio room

by TripAdvisor Member Yowie75

Access was initially hard with bags and I feel this should have been explained by the reception staff. When I booked, they only had the studio room left which should have been OK, except when we arrived, we realised that the studio room is separate from the rest of the hotel and located under the pool. The room itself should have been OK except that it was dirty and reeked of bug spray to the extent where it was hard to breathe and almost uninhabitable. In general the hotel staff seem to be bug spray happy and we had to request that they stop spraying our room. The showers are terrible but I think probably common to Greece & the Islands in particular. Breakfast was OK but nothing to rave about - coffee was the highlight.

The reception staff were upredictable - generally unwilling to help and in particular one was a very petulant "princess", but at other times, were quite pleasant and somewhat helpful.

The pool was average and could have been alot cleaner.

Generally this hotel is OK, the views for the sunset are fantastic and the courtyard is lovely to sit in and which this happen. However, the accessibility is hard with bags and information should be provided by the hotel to explain where the taxis drop you off and directions to the hotel.

Excellent Choice for a relaxing, beautiful stay

by TripAdvisor Member knowlzy

We loved our stay here...
Think that negative reviews may be a bit nit-picky about issues related to the island/culture in general (accessability, bathrooms/showers, etc...).
The view was perfect, candid photos are not fake, the view is just that postcard-perfect.
Location:
There are basically 2 ends to the town of Fira, and the Antilez is in the middle, stay too far to one end, and the walks would be unbearable. Getting there with your bags is a challnge, but heard that about most hotels with views on the island (it is a cliffside town after all). The busier side of Fira has many cafes and restaurants and nightlife, and I'm glad we didnt stay in that end, but were close enough to walk.
Room: was really cute and authentic, great decor for the island, comfortable bed, agree that the shower was a little lacking, but that was the same in every hotel we stayed in Greece.
Pool/Deck: was the best! Great little pool, refreshing, clean...with only 7 rooms in the hotel, i counted about 25 chairs/lounges, when have you ever stayed at a hotel or resort where the pool chairs outnumbered the guests? the view from this area is outstanding...
Service: laid back but very helpful...same 2 girls (Liberty and Sofia)...were always there to help when needed. Owner (John) hung around to make sure all was well and engaged the guests.
If you expect ritz or 4 seasons attentiveness, you've come to the wrong island, not hotel...this is the place to go buy yourself cold beer at the market 1 minute away and sit by the pool and relax...and enjoy each others company.

This was 5 days of a 13 day honeymoon (Paris, Athens, Santorini and Milos) and the Antiez was the highlight...we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Rememberable accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member bobicl

We stayed at the Anteliz Hotel in Fira for two nights last week.This small property was beautiful, with a lovely pool, a very courteous and professional staff and a sufficient breakfast .Our room was a first floor suite and had a balcony that faced the caldera and the amazing sunset.The room was comfortable enough for two people. Overall, we were extraordinarily pleased by the value of the room and the location which was only a short walk from the bus station.I highly recommend this traditionally restored hotel because of its service and its special location.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jake3

We just returned from our honeymoon in Santorini. We would definately recommend Santorini for honeymooners- every view is so beautiful. And the sunsets are incredible. The Anteliz hotel was a perfect place to stay. Not only were people constantly walking by staring at this hotel but the location could not be beat. We did alot of web surfing , comparing various hotels before booking our trip. And we were so glad we booked here. (Some of the other hotels are located a 20 minute bus ride from town in a deserted area)The Anteliz is located right on the caldera overlooking the volcano. It is private and quiet but still quite close to anything you would want to do. Everynight we sat with a bottle of wine and watched the sunset. We were walking distance to restaurants, a couple of grocery stores and to the shops in Fira. Everyday we walked to the bus stop and were able to take a bus for between 1.10 Euro - 1.70 Euro, and were able to see the whole island. (We recommend Kamari Beach). On the days we did not feel like walking too far - we would sit by the pool at the Anteliz. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and they would bring us breakfast on the patio every morning. Breakfast included terrific bread, ham, cheese, fruit and assorted jams and coffee / tea. It was the perfect start to every day and was included with the room. We had suite #7 which included a jacuzzi tub and a patio. We were very comfortable in our room which was very clean.
We would definately return to the Anteliz and would recommend it to our friends and family.

Ove and CoOve and Co

The sun has setThe sun has set

Night 2 "G" joins us and the party growsNight 2 "G" joins us and the party grows

Church at FiraChurch at Fira